U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 PM

20,376 posts, read 37,921,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
Well Colorado folks, we'll be voting on wether or not we're going to legalize weed here this year. So, we shall see what the people of Colorado truely want. I'll be voting in favor of legalization. Or at least it's close to being put on the ballot. Here's a link below.
Marijuana Activists Turn In Petition (http://www.kktv.com/elections/headlines/CO_Pot_Activists_To_Turn_In_Legalization_Petition_ 136621328.html - broken link)

Here's how our state feels about it.
Colorado Asks DEA To Reclassify Pot

Let's vote on it right here....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,581,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
You see, I actually do know what I'm talking about, and anyone who isn't absolutely blind can see drug losers all around us as well.
Don't flatter yourself. You only think you known what you're talking about. You have no grasp of the facts whatsoever. You're even afraid to debate "losers" like us so you simply resort to name calling.

Real adult Bob....

Old 01-15-2012, 02:43 PM

13,732 posts, read 21,579,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Looks like we have a lot of fart smellers, I mean smart fellers here.
Pot Smoking Middle Agers Have Sharper Minds
RP

What's sad about her is that she's a 24 year old concubine... just sayin'.

I voted "NO" on the poll because imo, it's flawed from the start. It should read, "Should the United States of America legalize MJ?"

Old 01-15-2012, 04:49 PM

20,376 posts, read 37,921,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I voted "NO" on the poll because imo, it's flawed from the start. It should read, "Should the United States of America legalize MJ?"
The USA aspect would be a poll someone should start in the P&OC forum, but I'm content to keep this poll focused on our fair state, since we'll have it on the ballot this fall.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,661,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Don't flatter yourself. You only think you known what you're talking about. You have no grasp of the facts whatsoever. You're even afraid to debate "losers" like us so you simply resort to name calling.

Real adult Bob....
I really have to doubt you've been close at all to a rehab center or a homeless shelter--stops that a whole lot of dopers make on their journey into the abyss. What I've observed in those places with respect to drug use and its predictable consequences is far more compelling than any so-called "fact" any self-confessed drug abuser wants to throw out here.

Drug use destroys lives, plain and simple, and oh yes I do know what I'm talking about, whether you like that or not.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:50 AM

3,869 posts, read 12,560,331 times
Quote:
I really have to doubt you've been close at all to a rehab center or a homeless shelter--stops that a whole lot of dopers make on their journey into the abyss. What I've observed in those places with respect to drug use and its predictable consequences is far more compelling than any so-called "fact" any self-confessed drug abuser wants to throw out here.

Drug use destroys lives, plain and simple, and oh yes I do know what I'm talking about, whether you like that or not.
Does Alcohol destroys lives?
Does Food destroys lives?
Do car accidents destroy lives?
Do sporting accidents destroy lives?
People destroy their own lives ?

In stead of the govt and locals picking up the tap for methadone clinics i mean rehab etc etc. Lets collect a TAX that can be used for these programs.

Folks are already using pot. Decriminalize and legalize it. Collect A tax.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM

7,756 posts, read 16,492,187 times
SoButCountry wrote:
New generations are taking over and with it, age old prejudices about MJ are changing. Most younger generations just aren't as gullible as their parents & grandparents and just don't believe the propaganda. They have experienced otherwise.
Thank God for that! Many of us boomers are waking up too. I believe almost NOTHING that I read, hear, or see in the mainstream media. It's almost 100% b*llsh*t across the board, and if it comes thru FAUX news it IS 100% b*llsh*t!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,581,757 times
Quote:

Ah yes, I forgot Bob. You are (as you have referred to me before), "a legend in your own mind".

Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,661,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Ah yes, I forgot Bob. You are (as you have referred to me before), "a legend in your own mind".
Shucky darn. Criticism from a self-confessed drug abuser. How could I not take you seriously?

Ask any cop...a drug pipe is standard issue gear for those living on the street. Oh yeah, now tell me that their drug use had nothing to do with how they ended up there.

But hey, you just keep paddling...that river in Egypt is very long indeed.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:29 AM

7,756 posts, read 16,492,187 times
Bob wrote:
a drug pipe is standard issue gear for those living on the street. Oh yeah, now tell me that their drug use had nothing to do with how they ended up there.
Well Bob, I gotta agree that your statement is accurrrte as far as it goes, but it doesn't have very long legs. Chances are pretty darn good that there was very intense stress in their lives PRIOR to their drug ( including alcohol ) use. Here in GJ, many of the homeless are military vets who have fallen on hard times. While serving the country in combat zones, sh*t happens and they come back to the USA with PTSD and much worse. Additionally they get screwded over and neglected by the very government they served with their military service. So, in the bigger picture, a drug pipe is pretty small potatoes on their path to homelessness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado