U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:10 AM

2 posts, read 2,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHANG FELIX View Post
I agree, but I mainly only feel that way about alcohol. As a college student, I don't see why people feel the need to drink all the time, just to get wasted and do stupid things. I mean, being in Boulder - we have mountains and huge rock walls to climb right outside, and yet I seem to be one of the few my age who actually enjoy the outdoors and take advantage of it as a means of having fun in life. Oh well, more fresh air for me then. Fortunately I've actually met some others that share the same interest and are always up for a hike.

A little of the same with the weed smokers, but smoking weed just relaxes a person, it doesn't make them do stupid things. And I'd MUCH rather smell weed smoke than cigarette smoke... Weed smoke actually smells kind of good (my opinion), and R4icigarette smoke just chokes me. I can't believe cigarettes are legal and marijuana isn't. It should be the other way around! Would I ever try it? Meh.

But yes, there are so many other ways to be a "not boring" person... Hell, we live in Colorado, there's unlimited things to do, just go outside. As for the person who said "boring to be around"... I think sitting on a couch doing nothing would be rather boring, compared to hauling yourself to the top of a 14,000 foot mountain on a sunny morning/day. Give me the mountain any day.
Why no peole answer my question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 AM

3,869 posts, read 12,570,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
The guys I respect are the ones that deal with life's tougher challenges without resorting to dope.
So if they turn to alcohol and religion that is OK and is not a crutch in your view?
Folks who can't handle drugs or alcohol turn to religion for a crutch.
People "deal" with things in many ways, is one way better than the next? That is a personal choice.

For some it could have a legit medical use.

People should be free to make these choices.

I call heroin or model glue "dope" Pot is marijuana
but maybe that's just me.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,227,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
Sorry, but drug abuse isn't a person's lot in life...it's a life choice--a poor one--and not worthy of respect. The guys I respect are the ones that deal with life's tougher challenges without resorting to dope.
So Bob, I take it you've never taken a pain pill and are not prescribed any medications? Because those are drugs too, just saying...

Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHANG FELIX View Post
Why no peole answer my question?
What is your question? I read your previous post as a statement, your opinion. I didn't see a question.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,499,096 times
delta07 wrote:
So Bob, I take it you've never taken a pain pill and are not prescribed any medications? Because those are drugs too, just saying...
And likely those medication drugs have some nasty side-effects too. But they are legal, so that makes it all hunky dory. The USA is populated with many co-dependent types who need the government to make their choices for them. If the government declares a drug legal then it is automatically good for you. If the governement makes it illegal, then it's automatically bad for you. When it comes to the issue of drugs, the government is infallible in their eyes.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:38 PM

Surge In Prescription Drug Overdoses Causes Drug Induced Deaths To Top Motor Vehicle Fatalities | Addicting Info

Old 01-19-2012, 01:51 PM

delta....but those death inducing drugs are legal, so everything is OK. Like Robert Young ( Father Knows Best ), the government and their big pharma bosses.....know best.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:53 PM

20,378 posts, read 37,943,998 times
I guess we've a lot of "legal" losers out there too.....

Excerpt from link: "As of late, there has been an increased wariness of prescription drug use. A growing number of people have been expressing concern with many aspects of modern medicine, especially corruption on the part of the FDA and the over medicating of American citizens, even children. Many who criticize prescription drugs are quick to point out the dangers, and even argue that they pose an even greater threat than illegal drugs, and over the past few years, evidence has been trickling in from all over the map that proves their arguments have some serious weight to them."

I've watched for years as Oxycontin / Hydrocodone, et al, have wreaked havoc with rural America, not to mention just about everywhere.

What to make of it all?

IMO people can overdose or overdo anything they touch; if a little is good, more must be better, right?, until we drink ourselves silly and end up kneeling before the porcelain god, or end up sleeping in "Needle Park" or enjoy fine gourmet dining down at the Marion House. Pot and alcohol are the same to me, both are used responsibly by millions, both are abused by millions, it all depends on the inner strength to keep things in balance. Alcohol or pot, if you keep them in balance you're a winner, if you abuse either or both, you're a loser.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I guess we've a lot of "legal" losers out there too.....

Excerpt from link: "As of late, there has been an increased wariness of prescription drug use. A growing number of people have been expressing concern with many aspects of modern medicine, especially corruption on the part of the FDA and the over medicating of American citizens, even children. Many who criticize prescription drugs are quick to point out the dangers, and even argue that they pose an even greater threat than illegal drugs, and over the past few years, evidence has been trickling in from all over the map that proves their arguments have some serious weight to them."

I've watched for years as Oxycontin / Hydrocodone, et al, have wreaked havoc with rural America, not to mention just about everywhere.

What to make of it all?

IMO people can overdose or overdo anything they touch; if a little is good, more must be better, right?, until we drink ourselves silly and end up kneeling before the porcelain god, or end up sleeping in "Needle Park" or enjoy fine gourmet dining down at the Marion House. Pot and alcohol are the same to me, both are used responsibly by millions, both are abused by millions, it all depends on the inner strength to keep things in balance. Alcohol or pot, if you keep them in balance you're a winner, if you abuse either or both, you're a loser.
Very well stated Mike! I tried to rep you, but appears i must spread it around a little more. All of that aside, I watched prescription drugs ultimately take my young brother-in-laws life. He pretty much tried every drug out there, including the most addictive ones: heroin & meth. He managed to kick those, with help of prescription drugs. However, he continued to stay on prescription pills and doctors continued to prescribe them for him, even with his known drug abuse. He didn't even like the other drugs, he only wanted pills. They are powerful and they are some of the most abused drugs out there. I, for one, use to think he was a just a junkie loser, until I found out the real reason for his abuse. The sad thing is, he just couldn't get the help he needed to deal with the root of his problem. So before we start throwing terms out there like losers, maybe we ought to take a step back and walk a mile in these folks shoes. We don't know what we would have turned to if we found ourselves in their situations. I don't agree that they should be users, but I also think we are doing a disservice by just making these drugs illegal and throwing users and abusers in jail.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 AM

delta07 wrote:
maybe we ought to take a step back and walk a mile in these folks shoes. We don't know what we would have turned to if we found ourselves in their situations.
This is a great example of the compassion I was talking about in this post ( #278 ). Thanks for sharing your wisdom! We like to think we know what's going on with the so-called losers, but in truth we don't have a clue. It's just the know-it-all ego, foolishly asserting itself, revealing our ignorance to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado