U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:50 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,595,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Bideshi wrote:
I'm too busy trying to live my life to be zonked out any of that precious time. Life is too short to miss any of.
On those very rare occassions when I enjoy an mj treat, rather than missing out on life, that time is a time of truly enhanced living where I take in alot more than I usually do.
To each his own. I even stopped drinking because it consumed too much time and money. Especially money...

Last edited by Bideshi; 02-14-2012 at 09:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM

1,742 posts, read 2,629,243 times
This will be interesting.
Colorado voters to decide on recreational pot plan - CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57386510/colorado-voters-to-decide-on-recreational-pot-plan/ - broken link)
RP

Old 02-28-2012, 06:34 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,501,052 times
I don't think it really matters all that much WHAT the Colorado voters decide about MJ. As soon as the next republican president takes office, the feds will start cracking down on pot smokers, medical MJ, etc. The smaller government, state rights blowhards suddenly love government intervention when it comes to regulating anything they don't approve of.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:38 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,582,993 times
Quote:
I don't think it really matters all that much WHAT the Colorado voters decide about MJ. As soon as the next republican president takes office, the feds will start cracking down on pot smokers, medical MJ, etc. The smaller government, state rights blowhards suddenly love government intervention when it comes to regulating anything they don't approve of.
Except for the fact that the feds don't have the resources to tamp it out. They'll make a lot of noise, try to make a show of force, they'll bust some people, but in the end, they can't stop it. This genie can never be put back into the bottle. Bottom line is that they can't stop it. 16 states now allow MMJ and there are another 13 states with legislation or ballot initiatives in various stages. The fact is that 70% of the population support MMJ & in October's Gallup poll, 51% of the population supported legalization for recreational use. The Feds are fighting a losing battle and in a few years, the pols will realize that they can't get elected by ignoring what the voters want.

If the Colorado initiative is successful, it will set the tone for reform across the country as more & more states begin to loosen up the laws and devote their scarce resources to the issues that really need their attention. BTW, Washington State also has a legalization initiative on the November ballot (I-502) that will fully legalize marijuana to be sold to adults in state owned alcohol retail outlets.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 PM

129 posts, read 178,098 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, our current Democratic president, and his AG, have been doing plenty of cracking down on MMJ, mainly in California, but here as well. And despite their initial statement they would respect those who are following state laws, they've done a 180, Holder going so far as to threaten California with greater federal crackdown should they dare vote to legalize it. If it does come up for a vote here, I wonder what his reaction will be this time.

Needless to say I am greatly disappointed in this, as I have for all the recent past presidents, most of whom smoked pot & some did cocaine, as it's the height of hypocrisy to put others in prison for doing what they did themselves....

Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 PM

129 posts, read 178,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Except for the fact that the feds don't have the resources to tamp it out. They'll make a lot of noise, try to make a show of force, they'll bust some people, but in the end, they can't stop it. This genie can never be put back into the bottle. Bottom line is that they can't stop it. 16 states now allow MMJ and there are another 13 states with legislation or ballot initiatives in various stages. The fact is that 70% of the population support MMJ & in October's Gallup poll, 51% of the population supported legalization for recreational use. The Feds are fighting a losing battle and in a few years, the pols will realize that they can't get elected by ignoring what the voters want.
They have NEVER had enough resources to stamp out pot or any other kind of drug use, just as they didn't during the first Prohibition. With pot in particular, the genie was out of the bottle in the late '60s/early '70s. This present "war on drugs" has only lasted these four decades because the overwhelming targets of arrest & incarceration have been black....

Old 03-03-2012, 01:59 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,068,697 times
I was just at my cousin's house last night and he invited a city police officer over. He probably drank 7-8 beers while I was there and then he drove home.

Marijuana is illegal and I honestly don't give a damn. I will enjoy my smoke in the comforts of my own home. I work and pay my taxes. Screw hypocrites.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 AM

236 posts, read 396,364 times
after 7 or 8 beers I would most likely run over someones mother or end up wrapped around a telephone pole.

it should really come down to how dangerous the stuff is... Alcohol causes more death and destruction each year than most yet it's ok to drink it for recreation.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 AM

10,407 posts, read 8,403,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
I have gotten the feeling that a lot of people in Colorado smoke pot. I feel that pot smoking has become a widely accepted activity.

I personally am against all illegal drug use. So these questions are specific to illegal pot use.
Are there a lot of pot heads in Colorado?
Are there a lot of casual pot smokers?

Regarding legal pot use...
Do you feel it is abused?

And how does this compare around the state from the small towns to the big cities?

Thanks
Inhaling ganja smoke is good for your lungs....inhaling tobacco smoke is not.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 AM

236 posts, read 396,364 times
Alcohol is big business, imagine all the police and hospital workers ect they would be out of a job and the country would be even more broke.

the fact is your government has been dealing you a fatal drug and reaping the rewards off of policing it...

Last edited by Cosmic Artifact; 03-03-2012 at 09:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado