U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 AM

7,756 posts, read 16,474,534 times

Advertisements

Cosmic Artificat wrote:
Alcohol is big business, imagine all the police and hospital workers ect they would be out of a job and the country would be even more broke.

the fact is your government has been dealing you a fatal drug and reaping the rewards off of policing it...
From one Cosmic to another....the truth hurts doesn't it? It really is a nefarious means of 'contributing' to the economy. On the one hand, the goverment manipulates the economy with the war-on-drugs, and further manipulates the economy as you pointed out above. Both manipulations are government intervention from the realm of darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 AM

95 posts, read 150,175 times
This current prohibition on Cannabis won't last. Just as the last prohibition was a failure. It was the individual states putting pressure on the feds that eventually brought about the repeal. New York state led the charge then, and eventually other states followed suit, creating a quorum that congress just could not ignore. History will repeat itself here, it is happening right now. Patience and perseverance is the key.

The current prohibition on Cannabis is just a big sham, masterminded and bankrolled by big money back in the day. A smear campaign created by the Hearst family and their insatiable greed. It was obviously very effective. Do some research folks. We have all been lied to by our government. Not the first time, and it won't be the last.

I know alot of very educated and responsible people that use Cannabis occasionally, for what ever reasons they may have, including myself. It's our life, and our choice. A government that dictates, is by defination...a dictatorship. I'm certain there are quite a few folks on this forum, and all over the world that feel as i do. Yet the Taboo is still remains, and alot of folks won't comment or even offer an opinion, out of fear of ostracism by their peers. A very sad situation. Good people repressed by their own society. For what?.....fabrications, and misrepresentations of the real facts.

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is Liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-11-2012, 12:13 PM

13,718 posts, read 21,542,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Artifact View Post
Alcohol is big business...the fact is your government has been dealing you a fatal drug and reaping the rewards off of policing it...
To the same extent that a fork or a spoon is a deadly weapon.

Your government? My government? Can I not become a cop or a PO or a judge or a lawyer myself?

I'm into placing responsibility on the consumer... from a practical standpoint as well as from the recovery standpoint.

Once the drunk or the druggie realizes that "My troubles are of my own making." does recovery begin.

But while I'm here, calling weed a schedule one is stupid.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:02 PM

95 posts, read 150,175 times
Quote:
But while I'm here, calling weed a schedule one is stupid.
Very good point indeed.

Thanks McGowdog. A perfect example of how ridiculous the war on Cannabis is: The DEA has Cannabis (THC) listed as a Schedule 1 controlled substance. Right in there with...Morphine (Heroin).

Cocaine and Methamphetamine?...Schedule 2. So, Cocaine and Meth are considered less dangerous than Cannabis?

Oh....And where is Alcohol and Nicotine ranked in all this? Two of the most dangerous and addictive substances known to man, that unquestionably kill millions of people each year? NOT listed on ANY controlled substance schedule! The feds, in their infinite wisdom missed those two. (The US government has a financial stake).

Something is very wrong with this explanation folks. I wouldn't trust anyone that would try to convince me it makes sense.

Big money, power, and fear have influence.

Last edited by CALIFRE; 05-11-2012 at 04:19 PM..

Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 AM

635 posts, read 1,360,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I've only lived here for a few years, but sometimes I think I'm the ONLY person who doesn't.
Well if I end up in CO soon...I won't be a pot smoker There will be two of us. LOL It's a legal thing with me. I choose not to break the law. But I also feel to each his own. I choose to not hang out with those that are actively smoking it or might likely be carrying it with them.

I watch COPS I see how the whole group can get arrested because the real owner of the bag of weed won't come forward. But also...I'm in no position to judge wether some is good or bad for smoking it. I choose not to.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,578,566 times
Current social & generational trends would indicate that marijuana will become legal and regulated within the next 5-10 years. The negative bias against it is fading away with the oldest of generations and as the younger generations continue to move into positions of authority, the attitudes against it continue to change.

With the recent legislation by the CT state legislature, there are now 17 MMJ states (fully 1/3 of the country) with an additional 10 states having some form of decriminalization on the books. It won't be that much longer that it will be treated just like alcohol, able to be consumed in certain areas that are set aside for it's use.

In addition, Colorado's L&R amendment 64 that is on the ballot this November will prove to be an interesting test of just where the line currently is on legalization/ prohibition. October '11's Gallup polling had a full 50% of respondents in favor of legalization of recreational use with 46% against, the highest ever recorded and a large increase from previous polls. Subsequent polling is only slightly changed from these numbers with a majority (or plurality depending upon the poll) still in favor of full legalization. 70% support legalization for medical use fairly consistently across the polling.

Colorado along with Washington State will most likely be the vanguard for legalization efforts that will follow in numerous states in the coming years. Just as with alcohol prohibition, the states will lead the way on this issue, not without serious & determined opposition however.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 AM

635 posts, read 1,360,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
Current social & generational trends would indicate that marijuana will become legal and regulated within the next 5-10 years. The negative bias against it is fading away with the oldest of generations and as the younger generations continue to move into positions of authority, the attitudes against it continue to change.

With the recent legislation by the CT state legislature, there are now 17 MMJ states (fully 1/3 of the country) with an additional 10 states having some form of decriminalization on the books. It won't be that much longer that it will be treated just like alcohol, able to be consumed in certain areas that are set aside for it's use.

In addition, Colorado's L&R amendment 64 that is on the ballot this November will prove to be an interesting test of just where the line currently is on legalization/ prohibition. October '11's Gallup polling had a full 50% of respondents in favor of legalization of recreational use with 46% against, the highest ever recorded and a large increase from previous polls. Subsequent polling is only slightly changed from these numbers with a majority (or plurality depending upon the poll) still in favor of full legalization. 70% support legalization for medical use fairly consistently across the polling.

Colorado along with Washington State will most likely be the vanguard for legalization efforts that will follow in numerous states in the coming years. Just as with alcohol prohibition, the states will lead the way on this issue, not without serious & determined opposition however.
Well I do hope there will be age limits as well. I would agree that adults seem to be more "mature" and in control of Marijuana use than teenagers. I don't think people should be rollin a doobie while driving...just like drinking and driving or having an open container. Unfortunately Marijuana can exacerbate mental illness.

My main concern is with adolescence.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:34 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,578,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
Well I do hope there will be age limits as well. I would agree that adults seem to be more "mature" and in control of Marijuana use than teenagers. I don't think people should be rollin a doobie while driving...just like drinking and driving or having an open container. Unfortunately Marijuana can exacerbate mental illness.

My main concern is with adolescence.
I don't believe that anybody supports legalization without age limits. It is an adult substance just as with alcohol and regulations need to lay out appropriate age restrictions.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 AM

2,867 posts, read 7,107,983 times
I want to see it legalized on the federal level, not just the state of Colorado. If Colorado becomes the ONE state in the union to legalize Marijuana, hoardes of lazy dirtbag hippies will take up residence here. I hope I see it federally legalized in my lifetime.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,656,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
If Colorado becomes the ONE state in the union to legalize Marijuana, hoardes of lazy dirtbag hippies will take up residence here.
Too late. After my last visits to Manitou and Boulder, it's clear that's already happened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado