U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-10-2012, 10:35 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,867 posts, read 7,113,159 times
Reputation: 1546

Advertisements

Bob, you and I usually agree on everything, but I'm afraid you're dead wrong on this one. Marijuana is totally harmless. It's natural, not man made plant. It causes ZERO deaths per year, meanwhile alcohol causes over 85,000 related fatalities every year, yet remains perfectly legal.

You have obviously never tried it once in your life, or you'd know it was harmless. I seriously doubt weed was why that guy chewed off another man's face, there was something else going on. Nobody gets high and wants to turn into a zombie. The worst that happens is you want to eat Taco Bell and play video games. It DOES make you forgetful for a few, I can see the girl forgetting about her baby, that was her being irresponsible for using it around her child, just as i would look down o nher for being drunk around her baby, it's no different.

Responsible adults know where and when to you use what, in moderation.

People smoking weed have absolutely NO bearing on you or your life or well being. IF it's ever legalized on the federal level, I'll start smoking garbage bags of it, just because I can. Until then, I respect the law and don't touch it, but I have in the past and I support those who want to. It's none of mine, or your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2012, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
2,221 posts, read 4,658,702 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
He wasn't impeached.
They tried, but failed.
I don't recall Al Gore being the president.
Best to put the hash pipe down long before you start typing.
or not.
He was indeed impeached, but then was aquitted in a mock senate trial. He was only the second President to be impeached in US history.

Impeachment of Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Probably would have been a good idea to leave the hash pipe at home before school, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
2,221 posts, read 4,658,702 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Bob, you and I usually agree on everything, but I'm afraid you're dead wrong on this one. Marijuana is totally harmless. It's natural, not man made plant. It causes ZERO deaths per year, meanwhile alcohol causes over 85,000 related fatalities every year, yet remains perfectly legal.
Hemlock and nightshade are natural plants too. As is tobacco, which CDC estimates as causing over 443,000 deaths every year. Being natural does not make it harmless.

We don't know how many fatalities are linked to MJ usage because we don't test for it, and because, as a gateway drug, THC is usually accompanied by other drugs when an event requires testing...but I guarantee you it's NOT zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
People smoking weed have absolutely NO bearing on you or your life or well being. IF it's ever legalized on the federal level, I'll start smoking garbage bags of it, just because I can. Until then, I respect the law and don't touch it, but I have in the past and I support those who want to. It's none of mine, or your business.
We depend on lots of people in this world, and when those people are impaired by drugs, it can have a bearing on any of us. Who really wants to have surgery by an impaired doctor, or fly in an airplane piloted by an impaired pilot, or one maintained by impaired mechanics? Are we really ready to accept that on an even wider scale than we already have, given that reliable point-testing for THC impairment is still not available?

It is our business when we have to help pay to feed or otherwise take care of drug losers. That's why I strongly support mandatory drug testing for anyone applying for public assistance of any kind. If you tell me you're hungry, or need publicly-funded housing or medical care but yet you can still manage to get drugs (including alcohol)--you don't need public assistance, except perhaps a paupers burial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Wherabouts Unknown!
7,756 posts, read 16,483,879 times
Reputation: 9292
Bob wrote: That's why I strongly support mandatory drug testing for anyone applying for public assistance of any kind.

But wouldn't that be yet another level of that dreaded GOVERNMENT INTRUSION?

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 07-11-2012 at 02:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
 
20,358 posts, read 37,893,411 times
Reputation: 18163
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Bob wrote: That's why I strongly support mandatory drug testing for anyone applying for public assistance of any kind.

But wouldn't that be yet another level of that dreaded GOVERNMENT INTRUSION?



We shudda tested all them damned Wall St bankers, every last one of them, rank and file, and the GM employees too, since they all got guvmint money, bailouts, and loan garr-un-tees. Them dudes was smoking some wacky weed, fer sure. Maybe we should extend that testing to anyone getting federal subsidies and tax breaks too, like all them farm dudes who got ethanol subsidies for decades... we gotta treat everyone alike in this dem-mock-crazy nation of ours. I foresee a whole new guvmint agency, the Bureau of Testing, to deal with it all, maybe put it under Homeland Security....yeah...that's the ticket.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Miami Florida
313 posts, read 612,152 times
Reputation: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

We shudda tested all them damned Wall St bankers, every last one of them, rank and file, and the GM employees too, since they all got guvmint money, bailouts, and loan garr-un-tees. Them dudes was smoking some wacky weed, fer sure. Maybe we should extend that testing to anyone getting federal subsidies and tax breaks too, like all them farm dudes who got ethanol subsidies for decades... we gotta treat everyone alike in this dem-mock-crazy nation of ours. I foresee a whole new guvmint agency, the Bureau of Testing, to deal with it all, maybe put it under Homeland Security....yeah...that's the ticket.
While you're at it maybe they should also test for the following subjects.
  • alcohol
  • intellegence
  • body odor
  • DNA
  • breast size
  • body fat
  • cigarettes
  • pornpgraphy
  • sexual orientation
  • education level
  • manners
  • color of eyes
  • size of sexual organs
  • nipple size
  • body piercings
  • political preference
  • religious persuasion
  • dental hygene
  • ability to speak more than one language
  • and last but not least the ability to write coherently and correctly in any language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 07:31 PM
 
1,052 posts, read 1,580,488 times
Reputation: 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
We depend on lots of people in this world, and when those people are impaired by drugs, it can have a bearing on any of us. Who really wants to have surgery by an impaired doctor, or fly in an airplane piloted by an impaired pilot, or one maintained by impaired mechanics? Are we really ready to accept that on an even wider scale than we already have, given that reliable point-testing for THC impairment is still not available?
Oh seriously Bob? Would you partake if it was legal?

Your straw man argument is silly. Anybody who wants to smoke pot can do it now. Anybody who is intoxicated on the job is being irresponsible, plain & simple and you will not find a single supporter of legalization who would claim otherwise.

Try again Bob, that line doesn't work and any critical thinker knows that. Except perhaps for those blinded by reefer madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM
 
3,083 posts, read 4,493,406 times
Reputation: 3524
Yes, a lot of people in this state smoke pot. It doesn't surprise me anymore when I am walking down the streets and smell it. They do the massive smoke outs in Denver and in Boulder every year on 4/20. And if that wasn't enough to convince you, just drive up and down some of the main streets (Broadway, Lincoln, Colfax, Santa Fe) and tell me how many marijuana dispensaries you can spot. It is a big part of the culture around here for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 PM
 
Location: The 719
13,729 posts, read 21,563,052 times
Reputation: 13333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFRE View Post
It's a life choice, not a Lifestyle.
Orly?

Tell that to Coco.




Baked again.

Any questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Northern CO
80 posts, read 125,551 times
Reputation: 143
I just have to say that the idea that THC had anything at all to do with the whack job that bit off part of poor Ronald Popo's face is not a plausible argument in any way. I'm sure he had caffeine in his system, maybe tobacco & probably McDonald's, but that doesn't mean anyone can suggest they had anything to do with said whack job's actions. Whether or not you agree with marijuana use, you should agree with truth and not spreading propaganda, regardless of the subject and where you stand on it.

Also, modern day tobacco that is sold in cigerettes or pouches or cans for chewing is the furtherest thing from natural. The plant might be picked from the ground, but the processing that is done and the additives that are added to cigarettes make it unbelievable that they are still legal. 599 additives: The List of Additives in Cigarettes - Additives in Cigarettes

No one should ever suggest that modern day tobacco sold as smoking tobacco is natural by any means. What is sold as tobacco is so far removed from the actual tobacco plant that the term 'tobacco' isn't even accurate anymore. This is coming from someone who doesn't have a MMJ card, doesn't smoke marijuana & is an ex-cigarette smoke but I still know truth from fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top