U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM

1,742 posts, read 2,629,243 times

Advertisements

MMJ is now in the works to treat PTSD.
Medical Cannabis Advisory Board Recommends Keeping PTSD As Medical Marijuana Qualifier
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 12:23 PM

9,977 posts, read 6,369,728 times
Another point too is...why do we so badly need the government to tell us what to do? Sheep mentality, I do not get it.

I don't understand why so many people like to drink. Getting in fights with people you care about, being a jerk, potentially getting frisky with people you ordinarily wouldn't, drooling and puking on yourself. Where's the fun? When I was 15, a female friend of mine was brutalized by a bunch of boys at a party where everyone was drinking. They laughed about it the next day. I was so filled with rage and disgust that I've never felt anything but revulsion for alcohol to this day. Because that was their excuse, somehow it was ok because she was "so drunk" and they were "so wasted" and it was just "fun."

I was a huge pot smoker and surrounded by other teenage pot smokers. Nothing awful like that EVER happened when that's what we were doing. We ate snacks and watched Monty Python. No, we weren't doing our homework, and yes it made me lazy and demotivated. But nobody got raped.

I won't smoke, and I don't need the government to tell me whether I should. I've got my reasons. So this whole "if it's legal then everybody's just gonna do it" thing is dumb. I have faith in my ability to make decisions, I think more people ought to cultivate some accountability and personal responsibility and an expectation of the same in others. As I tell my kids, "man up, take care of your business, and quit worrying about what your brother is doing."

Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 PM

3,869 posts, read 12,572,881 times
When you get drunk you call in sick the next day.
You can get high you don't get sick,,,,so you don't call in sick the next day.

Sonic_Spork, not everyone gets aggressive when they drink.
Let me ask you a question was everyone at that party 21+

If it was a pot party, do you think things would have gone differentially?

Old 11-09-2012, 01:02 PM

13,746 posts, read 21,598,908 times
Prov, if mmj helps folks with ptsd, then I think that's fantastic.

Snofarmer, if. I could have willed myself to smoke weed instead of drinking booze, my life would have probably been way better now.

It's a miracle I'm still alive.

But trying to reason with a true alcoholic in their cups based on circumstances is what we call frothy emotional appeal. It does nothing to deter the wet alky.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,532,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
As for drinking, in Germany many employers have beer vending machines. Is that wrong?
Genius.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:14 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,501,052 times
If employers put joints in the company vending machines, morale would get a big boost and production would soar. Happy employees get more done!

Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 PM

858 posts, read 1,313,875 times
This is funny.. You guys know how easy it is to pass a drug test if you smoke regularly? Go to the local head shop and pick up some synthetic ****. As easy as that. No joke. I know quite a few people making 60k+ a year that passed a drug test while being high the night before. There are more professional types that smoke pot then most of you would believe. Doctors, lawyers, police, etc etc..

Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM

20,381 posts, read 37,949,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
As for drinking, in Germany many employers have beer vending machines. Is that wrong?
I recall staying in the Navy BOQ (hotel) at Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay in 1973; they had a beer vending machine on every floor, near the elevator. It was a revelation of sorts: vending machines for BEER! Being my first trip to the west coast I fell in love with California and the bay area, but also got my first taste of Anchor Steam Beer and other west coast brands, for a mere fiddy-cents a can.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:56 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,189,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
This is funny.. You guys know how easy it is to pass a drug test if you smoke regularly? Go to the local head shop and pick up some synthetic ****. As easy as that. No joke. I know quite a few people making 60k+ a year that passed a drug test while being high the night before. There are more professional types that smoke pot then most of you would believe. Doctors, lawyers, police, etc etc..
Well, that should make people who work in dangerous jobs like drilling rigs, mines, and railroads real happy--knowing that their co-worker can be ****ed up and endanger his or her coworkers safety--but still pass a drug test. That kind of completely irresponsible "evasion" mentality is the kind of crap that some scumbag pukes think is cool or funny--right up until they kill a co-worker because they're too impaired to work safely. And, yes, I put alcohol abusers who work while impaired in the same category. I have an idea: let the feds make pot legal, but put a mandatory FEDERAL prison sentence of a minimum of 20-50 years, plus forfeiture of all their money and property, on anyone convicted of seriously injuring or killing anyone while high or impaired on alcohol, pot, or any other illegal drug.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 PM

858 posts, read 1,313,875 times
lol. I forgot, weed is the DEVIL. lol.. Your impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado