U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 07:49 PM

858 posts, read 1,311,113 times

Advertisements

All you guys need to read the article I posted. it's all about oil. Marijuana oil is the best medicine period. Way better than baked goods or smoking it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 08:29 AM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
SoButCountry wrote: this is what big Pharma wants

THIS is the real reason for the demonization of MJ. Legal MJ is simply not good for the pharmaceutical drug cartels. They want to criminalize self medication, and make drug addicts ( addicted to pharmaceuticals of course! ) out of the entire population. That's a much better business model for the legal drug cartels.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:02 AM

95 posts, read 150,070 times
I picked up on a few key quotes the president made in his speech the other day, right after the election:

1. "Honor the will of the people".
2. "Open to new ideas".
3. "Find new sources of revenue".

Hmmm...Sounds like laying the groundwork for the end of Cannabis prohibition...to me.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,576,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFRE View Post
I picked up on a few key quotes the president made in his speech the other day, right after the election:

1. "Honor the will of the people".
2. "Open to new ideas".
3. "Find new sources of revenue".

Hmmm...Sounds like laying the groundwork for the end of Cannabis prohibition...to me.
That's how it sounded to me as well but as always with politicians, judge them not by what they say but what they do. I do believe that the DOJ silence leading up to the election and continuing afterward is a sure sign that it's not going to be business as usual. I would not be surprised to see Obama make the move to reschedule cannabis from Schedule 1 to Schedule 2 or 3. He has that authority and all it will take is his signature on an order to reschedule.

F**k the DEA. Jackbooted thugs protecting their racket, nothing more.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:58 PM

129 posts, read 177,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
No, you've got the cart before the horse here. You are the one projecting your view point onto MY experience.

Go through my posts on the matter and see what my experience in the matter is.

I've been there done that since I first got blacked out drunk at the age of 10 in 1976/1977. I started using drugs since the mid 80s and have been seeking recovery from booze since I was 18 in 1984. I've used drugs to try and control my alcohol problems at times and at other times, when I sought real recovery from booze, the idea of taking drugs vanished.

Oh but I just have a lowly opinion on this. I have nothing better to do than judge y'all.
Not really, I simply responded to what you wrote:
"I do believe and understand that there may be social/moderate/occasional pot smokers. Are they the norm? Not statistically and not what I've seen in them.

In my circle of people now, I don't even see or smell or hear about the stuff. I like it this way."

1. The fact that YOU (& perhaps those you hung around) could not stop at pot, since you were a kid, is not a valid basis for extrapolating your experience to the millions of those who have.

2. Again, the same is true for the circle of people you currently know, if none of them imbide, where's your basis for your previous statement?

3. Since your own personal experience can't be used as evidence, then where are these "statistics" you've seen that show most pot smokers can't stop at that?

I would certainly never use only my personal experience & those I've personally encountered, to universalize those experiences to the whole country, or world. And while I've come across a very large number of successful individuals who've smoked pot since high school, and don't use other drugs, having once gone to college, and then 30+ years playing music in clubs around the country, I've also run into many who use multiple intoxicants. However, they were people who overdid it no matter what they imbibed, and most of them began with cigarettes & booze. In fact, many of them weren't even huge pot fans, preferring booze, pills, coke, etc....

Suffice it to say, if in fact, pot-only smokers were not the norm, as you claim, believe me, we'd be seeing the evidence of that...

Old 11-10-2012, 06:34 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,526,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
I would not be surprised to see Obama make the move to reschedule cannabis from Schedule 1 to Schedule 2 or 3. He has that authority and all it will take is his signature on an order to reschedule.
If he does, I'd expect it after the mid-term election. I don't think he'll do anything that controversial until he's at the end of the marathon.

Quote:
Jackbooted thugs protecting their racket, nothing more.
That's not right.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:12 PM

13,651 posts, read 21,503,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxnFlutman View Post
The fact that YOU (& perhaps those you hung around) could not stop at pot, since you were a kid, is not a valid basis for extrapolating your experience to the millions of those who have.
Right.

Correct.

I agree.

I think that either you misunderstand my motivation for being in this thread or I have misrepresented myself in my rants here.

I am not looking to bring my experience to the attention of recreational weed smokers. I am more interested in reaching the folks who have a bad problem with booze and who might attempt the experiment of the "Marijuana Maintenance Program"... or anybody who is interested in not selling themselves and perhaps their life short ... to what can be accomplished with a sufficient substitute to... and a much "higher" state of consciousness through spiritual principles.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:21 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,099,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
If he does, I'd expect it after the mid-term election. I don't think he'll do anything that controversial until he's at the end of the marathon.

That's not right.
He's 100% on the money.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM

3,869 posts, read 12,512,420 times
That oil that contains the THC statrs to evaporate 120*f when you cook with you loos a lot of THC.

Introducing it late in the candy making process is a better alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
All you guys need to read the article I posted. it's all about oil. Marijuana oil is the best medicine period. Way better than baked goods or smoking it.

That works ONLY if you know you are going to be drug tested.
Metabolized THC can stay and be detected up to around 180 days after ingestion.

If you smoke pot and the test is a random or a surprise, those powders etc, etc ,will not work and they test the sample to see if you tampered with the sample.
Yes, I had to pee to get the job and to teep it . (random testing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
This is funny.. You guys know how easy it is to pass a drug test if you smoke regularly? Go to the local head shop and pick up some synthetic ****. As easy as that. No joke. I know quite a few people making 60k+ a year that passed a drug test while being high the night before. There are more professional types that smoke pot then most of you would believe. Doctors, lawyers, police, etc etc..

Last edited by snofarmer; 11-10-2012 at 09:08 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 09:03 PM

13,651 posts, read 21,503,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
That oil that contains the THC statrs to evaporate 120*f when you cook with you loos a lot of THC.

Introducing it lace in the candy making process is a better alternitive.

If you smoke pot and the test is a random or a surprise those powders etc etc will not work. And they test the sample to see if you tampered with the sample.

Yes I has to pee to get a job ant to maintain it . (random testing)
You loos a lot, a random or a surprise those powders, and I has to pee to get a job ant? Introducing it lace in the candy is a better alternitive?

Yes, I think I may be stoned right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado