U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 PM

20,344 posts, read 37,861,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
El Paso county banned the sale of pot in unincorporated parts of the county. Now I am interested to see what the cities do in El Paso county.......
Local newspaper took the County Commissioners to task for their violating the will of the people.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,578,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Local newspaper took the County Commissioners to task for their violating the will of the people.
CSPD also has themselves in a bind and facing a $3.3M lawsuit over their failure to return MMJ to an aquitted dispensary owner. Looks like the county DA is running from this as fast as he can.

DA bows out of fight over medical marijuana evidence | marijuana, medical, fight - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 AM

704 posts, read 1,443,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The people of El Paso County voted against Amendment 64, and the amendment itself gives localities the ability to restrict marijuana sales. So El Paso County, far from "violating the will of the people," actually did their job and honored voters' wishes.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,474,534 times
As much as I hate seeing local governments taking advantage of loopholes to keep now legal MJ out of their communities, I much prefer seeing local governments doing this, than the fat cat, special interest government in Washington doing it. IMO, at the local level it comes down to the locals being hoodwinked by 70 plus years of false anti-marijuana propoganda perpetuated by the special interest government in Washington. Eventually, the truth will be known, and the anti-marijuana sentiment will fade into the sunset. On the other hand, the crooks in Washington are not likely to stop spreading lies any time in the near future, even when they know that we know they are lying to us.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:52 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,578,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
The people of El Paso County voted against Amendment 64, and the amendment itself gives localities the ability to restrict marijuana sales. So El Paso County, far from "violating the will of the people," actually did their job and honored voters' wishes.
Actually Amendment 64 won El Paso County by 10 votes so it did technically win. This is not really out of line with what other counties have been doing by banning commercial ops & business' in unincorporated areas and public parks, etc. The county commissioners are certainly within their rights to do this but their judgmental pronouncements on cannabis users are unnecessary.

I wonder what they say about their beer, wine, and whiskey drinkers in the county?

As if I didn't know....

Old 01-17-2013, 07:07 PM

16 posts, read 52,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonCityKid View Post
I personally don't like to be around high people, I feel they act funny and it just makes me uncomfortable. I enjoy drinking but i hate being drunk and I hate being around drunks. I just generally love my mindset the way it is and prefer not to alter it too much.
Why do people smoke so much? It seems like a religion to some people.
I just feel that sitting on a mountain and breathing in the fresh air is the greatest high there is.

Do you drink because it makes you feel the same as when you don't drink?

Grass should not be illegal. I've never heard of someone smokin a jay, then going home and kicking their dog and beating their wife.

I applaud Colarado for making such a bold move, even if you are a blue state

Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,474,534 times
2nd Chance wrote: I applaud Colarado for making such a bold move, even if you are a blue state

Apparently you've never been to Colorado. Colorado is a brown state, especially in times of drought like we are having now!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:56 PM

16 posts, read 52,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
2nd Chance wrote: I applaud Colarado for making such a bold move, even if you are a blue state

Apparently you've never been to Colorado. Colorado is a brown state, especially in times of drought like we are having now!

We did the drought thing here on the east coast the last two summers........It's raining like the Oregon coast the last two winters though........things always seem to even out, no matter what the alarmists say

Old 01-24-2013, 05:48 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,049,071 times
Well so much for pot being completely harmless and safe with no brain altering involved:

Bill To Set Limit For Driving While Stoned Has A Good Chance CBS Denver

In 2011, the most recent data available, 13 percent of deadly crashes in Colorado involved pot.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:59 PM

9,865 posts, read 6,319,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Well so much for pot being completely harmless and safe with no brain altering involved:

Bill To Set Limit For Driving While Stoned Has A Good Chance CBS Denver

In 2011, the most recent data available, 13 percent of deadly crashes in Colorado involved pot.
And what percentage involved alcohol?

Most supporters don't kid themselves into saying that MJ is "completely harmless and safe with no brain altering involved." It is a mind altering substance. But one argument I'll put out there about how it will always (IMO) be more likely for a drunk person to go driving, than a stoned person...this is extensive personal observation here...drunk people normally have delusions of confidence. They are afraid of nothing, often protesting that of course they are good to drive! When they're NOT. Stoned people on the other hand, if truly inebriated on pot, are often paranoid and demotivated to the point where they are far less likely to go out where they can be caught, or to get up and do...well...anything. Besides fetching another box of twinkies out of the cabinet. Those effects are not universally true in every case, but certainly common enough to be observable and typical.

Again, pot is simply not as dangerous as alcohol, in my experience and opinion.

EDIT: OK, before anyone says anything, yeah I know they won't be fetching TWINKIES anymore...it'll have to be Little Debbie cakes or some such...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado