Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM

17,987 posts, read 27,444,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Poke some SMOT! Get baked! Get Stupid! Get Retarded! ... let's get retarded in here...

Edit; When I said retarded, I meant RETARDED!

I have every right judging and communicating my thoughts on weed and people who use it for recreational use because I have personal experience with it.

If you argue me for any reason... say you have monetary motive to support the decriminalization of the THC product... or any drug, or just want to con me into why weed is NOT physiologically addictive, read my 4 blogs and go to my blogspot blog and we'll continue the conversation over there.

What's my motive? Check it out. I'll hide nothing here. I'm an 8+ year sober alcoholic (I use A.A. for my personal recovery and I don't represent the fellowship due to their very traditions, but hey, it works so well for me that... why should I hide the fact?) who was never a drug addict... but had fun with many drugs, weed included.

I've found a sufficient substitute to all that crap by using spiritual principles and my life is a blessing in all phases of my life and I shall never ever look back.

If you want to smoke weed, do any mind-altering drug, abuse alcohol (hats off to folks who can control and enjoy their drinking btw!) etc., that's your business. If you ever find that you don't want to do that and can't seem to shake it, come talk to me. There's a cheaper and way better substitute... and I promise I won't try to sell you on religion... just to have an open mind about this Thing we all call God.
Had to add something there as I was inspired to do so by a fellow poster here. Sorry to bore many of you with the mundane backstory.

Also, "retarded" here is describing the POP-culture term for "stoned" popularized by the hip-hop group Black-Eyed Peas. Retarded is derogatory and should not be used to describe a person with mental illness or one who is mentally challenged. But I'm going to let the PC cops take care of all that stuff.

Last edited by McGowdog; 11-08-2012 at 10:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
A typical response from a recovering addict. (alcohol is a drug and you were addicted to it)
I'm smarter for quitting everyone else is RETARDED, bla, bla bla...
I couldn't handle it so no one else can either.bla bla bla...
Anything can be physiologically addictive, Anything.

Quote:
Poke some SMOT! Get baked! Get Stupid! Get Retarded! ... let's get retarded in here...

Edit; When I said retarded, I meant RETARDED!

I have every right judging and communicating my thoughts on weed and people who use it for recreational use because I have personal experience with it.

If you argue me for any reason... say you have monetary motive to support the decriminalization of the THC product... or any drug, or just want to con me into why weed is NOT physiologically addictive, read my 4 blogs and go to my blogspot blog and we'll continue the conversation over there.

What's my motive? Check it out. I'll hide nothing here. I'm an 8+ year sober alcoholic (I use A.A. for my personal recovery and I don't represent the fellowship due to their very traditions, but hey, it works so well for me that... why should I hide the fact?) who was never a drug addict... but had fun with many drugs, weed included.

I've found a sufficient substitute to all that crap by using spiritual principles and my life is a blessing in all phases of my life and I shall never ever look back.

If you want to smoke weed, do any mind-altering drug, abuse alcohol (hats off to folks who can control and enjoy their drinking btw!) etc., that's your business. If you ever find that you don't want to do that and can't seem to shake it, come talk to me. There's a cheaper and way better substitute... and I promise I won't try to sell you on religion... just to have an open mind about this Thing we all call God.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Here in the professional suburbs, I personally know of no adults who smoke anything, much less marijuana. Very occasionally, we catch a whiff of weed from the wooded area near my house at night, but the local deputies know where the kids -- it's the same handful of teens every time -- like to hang out and roust them pretty quickly. More frequently, I find empties of tiny bottles of fruit-flavored vodka thrown over the fence into my yard.

Last edited by randomparent; 11-08-2012 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 AM

I'm not an addict to mind-altering drugs and never was.

Alcohol is food.

Anybody who thinks they're a brain expert is limited by that very brain they are trying to analyze it with.

Go look up a doctor and wrap about it with him/her. Just keep in mind, when you pull out that phonebook and look up the number, don't forget to thumb over to the word "Practice".

I am addicted to coffee, physiologically. If I quit coffee and all caffeine products right now, I would suffer terribly... until it washed out of my system. My body would adapt and I'd no longer be an addict to coffee.

Alcohol is a different animal and is outside of the TOS of this here thread. Come to my blog and we'll rap more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
A typical response from a recovering ...
People who say they are recovering aren't. I said I am recovered.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:40 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,463,282 times
I appreciate your forthrightness, McGowdog. I fully admit to not being especially religious, but I don't need to go ingest a bunch of chemicals--pot, booze, whatever--to be happy or to feel good about myself. Hell, I don't even use caffeine beyond a cup of coffee or two in a month. My worst addiction was a several year use of tobacco, which I realized was going to kill me if I kept it up. I quit cold-turkey and never looked back. I did some drinking when I was younger and I still will have a belt once in awhile, but I count how long a six-pack will last in months, not hours. Being drunk or intoxicated was not a feeling that I ever enjoyed--because I realized that it was both physically damaging and mentally dulling. I like my intellect sharp and focused, not dulled by chemicals. My firm belief is that most alcoholics and potheads are using those chemicals to try (seldom successfully) to dull their mind to some mental (and occasionally) physical pain or emotional inadequacy. In the case of marijuana, the use of THC for medical purposes is just that: to suppress mental and physical perception of pain or sickness. When someone has physical pain, that "dulling" may be necessary for comfort, but otherwise I consider it just plain stupid.

I also make a distinction between alcohol (which I certainly do consider a very damaging drug for many) and marijuana that most pot users do not want to hear: There are lot of people who will have a drink with no intention of getting intoxicated, but most all recreational pot users use pot with the intent of getting high.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Good points Jazz and thanks.

I consider this subject more than important to me as
  • I have much experience in it and
  • my life depends upon it.
I have a different take on the reason why some folks abuse booze and why some folks abuse drugs or "fill in the blank."

It's my understanding that they are really seeking a "high"... aka a state of bliss.

The very first time someone reached that sufficient buzz, all they were doing was deadening the lower states of consciousness... albeit for an instant... to achieve the higher states of "who they really are".

Whether you believe in God or not, let's just say Something "HIGHER" than us designed/architected us, created us, built us etc. We didn't do it, right? For those of you who think so, go make me a fish and report back. Now, this Architect didn't build junk when they made "us"... even those of us who pollute our bodies with junk.

Anywho... my current opinion/understanding on the matter.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,115,680 times
It might start a whole new tourism niche.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
Jazz,
Don't be worried just because it's legal doesn't mean you have to consume any.

Quote:
I'm not an addict to mind-altering drugs and never was.
False alcohol is a mind altering drug.
ALCOHOL drug. The reality is that alcohol has an immediate effect on the brain. One source explaining how this works describes the way that alchol disrupts the normal flow of chemical activity in the brain. Some actions are suppressed, others enhanced, and all are confused at least to some degree.
Mind-altering substance - drugs, alcohol or other chemical substances that alter brain function and result in changes to perception, mood, consciousness or behavior,

Quote:
Alcohol is food.
So, So is pot, as you can eat it.

Quote:

I am addicted to coffee, physiologically. If I quit coffee and all caffeine products right now, I would suffer terribly... until it washed out of my system. My body would adapt and I'd no longer be an addict to coffee.

People who say they are recovering aren't. I said I am recovered.
Addiction: A compulsive or chronic need for, or an active addiction to, alcohol or drugs. Some say the compulsion never goes away, if so you will always be addicted and you will stay in the recovering stage.

but this is not about your demons it's about MJ.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:27 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,115,680 times
Our new tourism logo.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:30 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times
McGowdog wrote: People who say they are recovering aren't. I said I am recovered.

Just curious...what is it exactly that you have covered up again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado