Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,841,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Institutionalized tyranny.
Pretty much.

Funny thing is, the anal-retentive uber-angry type A's that virulently oppose anything fun or outside of their ever-narrowing vision of purity, often seem to be those who behave in a manner suspiciously consistent with that of a user of any number of stimulant chemicals, or with a condition that mimics the behavior of a user of such substances.

Asperger's?

Crystal Meth?

Got lunch money taken away?
Can't get laid?

You decide.

Some people just need to smoke a joint and relax. At least you can in CO without worry, for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
No.
Give it ten years. They'll change on cannabis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Pretty much.

Funny thing is, the anal-retentive uber-angry type A's that virulently oppose anything fun or outside of their ever-narrowing vision of purity, often seem to be those who behave...
I think that it's rooted in circumcision and indoctrination. The former, well, if that trauma needs an explanation, I can't help. But the latter, I think that they're just trying to cope with the cognitive dissonance created by a lifetime of pledging "liberty and justice for all" while their parents, teachers, etc. are educating them to deny liberty and justice.

Reading the New Testament helped me. I didn't notice anything that supported my passion for fire and brimstone domination of others. That was pretty disappointing. I like fire and brimstone.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Funny thing is, the anal-retentive uber-angry type A's that virulently oppose anything fun or outside of their ever-narrowing vision of purity, often seem to be those who behave in a manner suspiciously consistent with that of a user of any number of stimulant chemicals, or with a condition that mimics the behavior of a user of such substances.
First of all, do you or I really care what "they" think of our merely seeking a heightened state of consciousness? For me, heck no. I could care less.

Nor do I care what YOU do... so long as you're not a scumbag floor installer and I'm having to work with you while we're held up in a cheap Best Western motel 5 miles from the US border in Reynosa Mexico and we're not due to complete our walk-through and final punchout for another three weeks.

No, you can do whatever you want. Just stay away from me.

Now, I know a number of people who can control and enjoy their drinking. I also know some knuckleheads who I stay away from because they drink like I used to and claim, "Oh, I never drink anymore.... hardly" only to find out what that means; a barbeque at their home that starts off nice, but turns into them riding the 4 wheeler around in their front yard until they roll it and break their collar bone and you have to leave the party because the children are crying and the sheriff's deputies are there to find this "controlled drinker" so they can give them a D.U.I.

Ha! Fun and games. If I didn't care about these knuckleheads, I'd get a rental next to them and make a reality show out of them. Oh wait a moment... 1994 Reality Show! Been there done that.

Quote:
Asperger's?

Crystal Meth?

Got lunch money taken away?
Can't get laid?
Tell me one smot-poker that just smokes weed and doesn't imbibe in some of these other fun ... things.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:03 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Tell me one smot-poker that just smokes weed and doesn't imbibe in some of these other fun ... things.
Me.

Next question.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 PM

So you would turn down a line of coke or a gram of shrooms? How about pharms? Designer drugs? Or are you a weed purist?

If so, then good for you.

I do believe and understand that there may be social/moderate/occasional pot smokers. Are they the norm? Not statistically and not what I've seen in them.

In my circle of people now, I don't even see or smell or hear about the stuff. I like it this way.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 AM

129 posts, read 211,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Everybody forgets that all the President (whomever that will be) has to do is actually obey his oath of his office--to uphold the laws and Constitution of the United States (and not just to selectively uphold the laws he or she agrees with and ignore the rest)--and the whole Amendment 64 issue is a moot point. The proposed Amendment violates Federal law and would be overturned in a second if the Federal government actually enforced the Supremacy Clause. If the Amendment passes, I fully expect a lawsuit to be filed to compel the Federal government to enforce that Supremacy Clause and declare the Colorado Constitutional Amendment a violation of Federal law. That would not be the first time that a Colorado Constitutional Amendment that clearly violates Federal law gets struck down.

Whether one agrees with the Federal marijuana laws or not, those laws remain in effect. The fact that the Obama administration has refused to enforce them is, in fact, a violation of the President's Oath of Office that is an impeachable offense--if anyone in this country actually believes in the rule of law, anymore. When everyone in the country, from the President on down, thinks that duly enacted laws only have to be obeyed when it is convenient or pleasant, we are only a short step from anarchy.
Oh give us a break, really! What absurdity..... As if there aren't countless laws on the books, whether on the federal or state level, that are simply ignored. It is NOT the president or AG's duty to actively enforce every law written. What, is the DOJ supposed to send the entire FBI & DEA to roam the streets of Colorado & Washington (& every other state & municipality that has decriminalized simple possession, or legalized MMJ), seeking out & arresting every person who may be in possession of less than an ounce of weed???

Have you been this adamant about calling for federal, state & local enforcement agencies to live up to their constitutional duties & enforce drug laws according to the constitution's mandate that laws be enforced equally? Have you been calling them out for the racial profiling that's been going the last 40+ years? Thought so....

Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 AM

129 posts, read 211,951 times
Quote:
So you would turn down a line of coke or a gram of shrooms? How about pharms? Designer drugs? Or are you a weed purist?

If so, then good for you.

I do believe and understand that there may be social/moderate/occasional pot smokers. Are they the norm? Not statistically and not what I've seen in them.

In my circle of people now, I don't even see or smell or hear about the stuff. I like it this way.
Then how in the world do you have any foundation, whatsoever, for your very uninformed opinion?

Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 AM

No, you've got the cart before the horse here. You are the one projecting your view point onto MY experience.

Go through my posts on the matter and see what my experience in the matter is.

I've been there done that since I first got blacked out drunk at the age of 10 in 1976/1977. I started using drugs since the mid 80s and have been seeking recovery from booze since I was 18 in 1984. I've used drugs to try and control my alcohol problems at times and at other times, when I sought real recovery from booze, the idea of taking drugs vanished.

Oh but I just have a lowly opinion on this. I have nothing better to do than judge y'all.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:59 AM

665 posts, read 1,295,211 times
Quote:

Me. I dont touch anything else labeled as a drug. No booze, tobacco, and certainly nothing narcotic.

Stop stereotyping to back up your preconceived judgement.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Institutionalized tyranny. Do they tolerate drinking on the job?
As for drinking, in Germany many employers have beer vending machines. Is that wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado