Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 01:08 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,021,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Ol' SoButt just made the case against legalization.

Are you five years old?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 01:10 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,821,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I have an idea: let the feds make pot legal, but put a mandatory FEDERAL prison sentence of a minimum of 20-50 years, plus forfeiture of all their money and property, on anyone convicted of seriously injuring or killing anyone while high or impaired on alcohol, pot, or any other illegal drug.
I like it. 64 is a step in that direction.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:12 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,115,680 times
Breaking out the popcorn for this one.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM

Reefer Madness Trailer Great marijuana movie - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
When you get drunk you call in sick the next day.
You can get high you don't get sick,,,,so you don't call in sick the next day.

Sonic_Spork, not everyone gets aggressive when they drink.
Let me ask you a question was everyone at that party 21+

If it was a pot party, do you think things would have gone differentially?

Everyone at the party was underage, and yes they were breaking the law. I knew these people, they were people I would have trusted, people I had smoked with many times previously. People I never had a reason not to trust until that moment, except for the fact that they were teenage boys. My dad would have had a thing or 2 to say about that, if he had even been in my life at the time.

That reminds me, one time when my Dad was drunk, he tried to choke my Mom to death in front of me and my cousin when we were maybe 8 years old or so. He's a highly logical and level headed guy when he's sober.

But regardless, I know with absolutely not a doubt in my mind whatsoever that had it been weed instead of alcohol, the outcome would have been different. I have never heard of anyone assaulting anyone or committing violent criminal acts while only stoned on weed. I imagine it happens, but not nearly as often as when people are drunk or otherwise intoxicated on substances that rev you up like say, meth. (Meth is terrifying. I WISH that all the kids I've met who have ruined themselves with meth had smoked pot instead. I truly do.)

My point is that I find people's reactions to alcohol unpredictable and sometimes unpleasant or even in extreme cases dangerous. Stoned people are at their worst a little annoying and ridiculous, but generally predictable. Habitual users get to the point where they actually act just like normal, you would never know they're under the influence. From my observation that's where it's more like taking Prozac than it is "getting high." But you have to be a daily user for a while to get like that.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:42 PM

858 posts, read 1,500,966 times
For a lot of people, weed is their prozac.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
For a lot of people, weed is their prozac.
Without the terrible side effects of pharmaceuticals.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Without the terrible side effects of pharmaceuticals.
Totally agree, and have seen multiple similar cases of this.

The only drawback I've seen has been that if they run out, for even a day or two, they can get irritable. Not "quitting tobacco" irritable...more like "is it PMS, honey?" irritable.

But if they are actually trying to quit, it's pretty painless compared to any other substance and that irritable stage passes pretty quickly.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Totally agree, and have seen multiple similar cases of this.

The only drawback I've seen has been that if they run out, for even a day or two, they can get irritable. Not "quitting tobacco" irritable...more like "is it PMS, honey?" irritable.

But if they are actually trying to quit, it's pretty painless compared to any other substance and that irritable stage passes pretty quickly.
I've seen in the news that people coming off of Prozac have killed others and themselves. I have never heard any such claim made about cannabis.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:32 PM

A friend's mother (68 yrs) has fibromyalgia and RA.
She makes her pot butter, cookies and brownies.
Her condition has improved markedly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado