Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:22 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,991,883 times

Advertisements

Is smoking marijuana bad for your lungs?
"Marijuana may have beneficial effects on pain control, appetite, mood, and management of other chronic symptoms," the researchers wrote. "Our findings suggest that occasional use of marijuana for these or other purposes may not be associated with adverse consequences on pulmonary function."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM

169 posts, read 373,122 times
Is smoking marijuana bad for your lungs?
"Marijuana may have beneficial effects on pain control, appetite, mood, and management of other chronic symptoms," the researchers wrote. "Our findings suggest that occasional use of marijuana for these or other purposes may not be associated with adverse consequences on pulmonary function."

This just can't be. Big Brother tells me what I need to know and this doesn't jibe with what he has to say. You're just a big ol' druggie and I'm gonna stick me head in the sand until you're gone.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:36 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,287,341 times
I just read that the Feds have exercised federal preemption and have ordered a bunch of Colorado pot growers to cease operations or face federal prosecution. And the Colorado Attorney General does not intend to interfere.

To say the very least, I am LMFAO at this. I hope the affected dope peddlers lose their collective a**es in the process...and I wish the same for the rest.

Dopers are losers.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:27 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,945,572 times
Letters went to 23 out of 600+ dispensaries in CO and only to the locations within the federal "drug free school zones". This is a case of the fed just letting people know they're still here. This genie is too big to ever fit back in the bottle. With more states introducing MMJ legislation, multiple legalization petitions seeking ballot inclusion, and continually rising support for MJ in the US, prohibition's legs are getting shorter & shorter every year.

New generations are taking over and with it, age old prejudices about MJ are changing. Most younger generations just aren't as gullible as their parents & grandparents and just don't believe the propaganda. They have experienced otherwise.

Still in the design & builder selection phase for our new home in Durango. Can't wait to get started. When it's done, I'll invite Cosmic Wizard down for a toke while sitting on my patio and enjoying a glass of red wine and the sun drenched La Plata & San Juan mountain views.

Last edited by DurangoJoe; 01-14-2012 at 10:00 AM..

Old 01-14-2012, 01:05 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,685,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
I just read that the Feds have exercised federal preemption and have ordered a bunch of Colorado pot growers to cease operations or face federal prosecution. And the Colorado Attorney General does not intend to interfere.

To say the very least, I am LMFAO at this. I hope the affected dope peddlers lose their collective a**es in the process...and I wish the same for the rest.

Dopers are losers.
What I can't seem to wrap my brain around is that fact that MMJ is a safe, natural herb with documented research showing it's an effective treatment for nausea from cancer treatments and pain associated with glaucoma, among others. Yet, people like you refuse to believe that it can have an medical purposes and want patients to use much more dangerous pharmaceutical medicines with many more side effects and complications as their only option. If you don't like MJ, then fine, but who are you to say that it's not okay to give to someone going through chemotherapy or seeking a natural treatment option? It doesn't effect you, no one is forcing you to smoke, eat or otherwise partake in using it! Just like booze, there are consequences for using while driving, etc. Doesn't mean that booze is illegal?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:21 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,332,326 times
The MMJ laws here are such a joke. I work in downtown Denver and catch the smell of pot every single day. In fact, yesterday, I saw someone sell some of it to someone else, right on the 16th Street Mall at 5PM. It bothers me that the MMJ stuff has become such a joke to the point where it's abused so badly.

Oh, and to anyone who wants it but doesn't have an MMJ card, even though an MMJ card is super easy to get? Just go down to Civic Center or the 16th Street Mall and walk by everyone and mutter "got bud?" or "got weed?" Sooner or later, you'll find it. How do I know this? People say this to me EVERY DAY because I must look like I smoke it or something (I don't).

What a joke.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:29 PM

When it's done, I'll invite Cosmic Wizard down for a toke while sitting on my patio and enjoying a glass of red wine and the sun drenched La Plata & San Juan mountain views.

What about me?

Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post
When it's done, I'll invite Cosmic Wizard down for a toke while sitting on my patio and enjoying a glass of red wine and the sun drenched La Plata & San Juan mountain views.

What about me?
Could be quite a gathering....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:57 PM

Overreact much? Nothing to see here.

They won't. Again, you're clueless.

Dopers are losers.
My turn: YOU'RE a loser. You've thrown that term around a couple of times and I let it slide because I thought you could be civil, but no more. We "losers" have debated you with facts and this is all you've got? A classic tactic of the clueless: "I don't know what I'm talking about, so rather than debate an issue on its merit, I'll simply call people names in a passive-aggressive manner. I look really stupid doing it, but it's all I know."

Old 01-14-2012, 02:06 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,945,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post

What about me?
All people of friendly persuasions are welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado