Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Colorado Legalize Marijuana?
Yes 164 76.64%
No. 50 23.36%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 02:08 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
All people of friendly persuasions are welcome.
I foresee a caravan of tour buses descending on Durango for the Great Southwest Smoke-in, the birth of a legendary annual event.

- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,945,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post
I just read that the Feds have exercised federal preemption and have ordered a bunch of Colorado pot growers to cease operations or face federal prosecution. And the Colorado Attorney General does not intend to interfere.
Overreact much? Nothing to see here.

To say the very least, I am LMFAO at this. I hope the affected dope peddlers lose their collective a**es in the process...and I wish the same for the rest.

They won't. Again, you're clueless.

Dopers are losers.
My turn: YOU'RE a loser. You've thrown that term around a couple of times and I let it slide because I thought you could be civil, but no more. We "losers" have debated you with facts and this is all you've got? A classic tactic of the clueless: "I don't know what I'm talking about, so rather than debate an issue on its merit, I'll simply call people names in a passive-aggressive manner. I look really stupid doing it, but it's all I know."
He's not worth arguing with. He doesn't know how to debate the issue, because he refuses to accept or even research the facts. He only knows what he knows in his mind because that's what he's seen & that's what his govt tells him so he assumes that all of the world is like that.

We'll never change his mind, it's closed tighter than a miser's fist. So in all respects, the term "doesn't know any better" is applicable here.

Sad when adults can't do any better than just name calling.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I foresee a caravan of tour buses descending on Durango for the Great Southwest Smoke-in, the birth of a legendary annual event.
Bring 'em!!!

I love a good party!!!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:55 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,287,341 times
Quote:
Overreact much? Nothing to see here.
I'll bet the dope peddlers getting those cease and desist letters think otherwise! It gives me great joy to know they are going to eat a big loss due to federal preemption--and I also revel in the discomfort it's bound to cause all the others who have to wonder when Uncle Sam might take an interest in them as well.

Quote:
My turn: YOU'RE a loser. You've thrown that term around a couple of times and I let it slide because I thought you could be civil, but no more. We "losers" have debated you with facts and this is all you've got? A classic tactic of the clueless: "I don't know what I'm talking about, so rather than debate an issue on its merit, I'll simply call people names in a passive-aggressive manner. I look really stupid doing it, but it's all I know."
LMAO once again. Having a drug abuser call me a loser really hurts my feelings. (OK, well, not so much) Yeah, the doper population I see day in and day out is a real bunch of winners. You see, I actually do know what I'm talking about, and anyone who isn't absolutely blind can see drug losers all around us as well.

One has to wonder how many drug-addled denizens of skid-row once told themselves and others "I can control my drug use," or how many cocaine and heroin addicts ended up there with MJ as the gateway drug that started them on that "winning" path.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM

169 posts, read 373,122 times
All people of friendly persuasions are welcome.

We can make it a progressive: sativa at your place, indica at mine, etc.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM

I'll bet the dope peddlers getting those cease and desist letters think otherwise! It gives me great joy to know they are going to eat a big loss due to federal preemption--and I also revel in the discomfort it's bound to cause all the others who have to wonder when Uncle Sam might take an interest in them as well.
Quick, without reading the article, who are they targeting and why? I'll bet you don't have a clue, you just saw an article you THOUGHT proved your point and ran with it. Allow me to fill you in. In Durango, and I assume everywhere in CO, they are targeting dispensaries within 1000' of schools, of which two meet that criteria, here. Never mind the city has a 500' ordinance, Big Brother knows better than the locals. Now that you're all caught up, what else can I teach you?

LMAO once again. Having a drug abuser call me a loser really hurts my feelings. (OK, well, not so much) Yeah, the doper population I see day in and day out is a real bunch of winners. You see, I actually do know what I'm talking about, and anyone who isn't absolutely blind can see drug losers all around us as well.
Nothing intelligent here worth commenting on.

One has to wonder how many drug-addled denizens of skid-row once told themselves and others "I can control my drug use," or how many cocaine and heroin addicts ended up there with MJ as the gateway drug that started them on that "winning" path.
There you go generalizing, again. Conversely, I don't think EVERYONE from down south is an idiot.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:04 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,287,341 times
Quote:
Quick, without reading the article, who are they targeting and why? I'll bet you don't have a clue, you just saw an article you THOUGHT proved your point and ran with it. Allow me to fill you in. In Durango, and I assume everywhere in CO, they are targeting dispensaries within 1000' of schools, of which two meet that criteria, here. Never mind the city has a 500' ordinance, Big Brother knows better than the locals. Now that you're all caught up, what else can I teach you?
Ah, but it's a good first step in what might well be more federal preemption in the future. I think it's a good thing for the federal government to start selectively asserting its preemptive power as a first step towards broader and more severe enforcement action. Production and sale of MJ is still a felony under federal law. All it takes is a competent US Attorney General (y'know, one that isn't too busy dodging culpability for selling guns to Mexican mobsters to do his friggin' job), and we could have some real fun.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:26 PM

Ah, but it's a good first step in what might well be more federal preemption in the future. I think it's a good thing for the federal government to start selectively asserting its preemptive power as a first step towards broader and more severe enforcement action. Production and sale of MJ is still a felony under federal law. All it takes is a competent US Attorney General (y'know, one that isn't too busy dodging culpability for selling guns to Mexican mobsters to do his friggin' job), and we could have some real fun.

Selectively asserting? They're only trying to stay consistent with the 1000' ft. federal law concerning drugs being sold near schools, so don't get your hopes up. Either you're too proud to admit that you didn't read the article YOU linked or you're ignorant of federal law which renders all your arguments moot. Either one is inexcusable in an intellectual debate.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 PM

520 posts, read 730,748 times
Well Colorado folks, we'll be voting on wether or not we're going to legalize weed here this year. So, we shall see what the people of Colorado truely want. I'll be voting in favor of legalization. Or at least it's close to being put on the ballot. Here's a link below.
Marijuana Activists Turn In Petition (http://www.kktv.com/elections/headlines/CO_Pot_Activists_To_Turn_In_Legalization_Petition_ 136621328.html - broken link)

Here's how our state feels about it.
Colorado Asks DEA To Reclassify Pot

Old 01-14-2012, 08:50 PM

Interestingly enough, I think this is the start of an acquiescing policy by the feds. They will never back off of their hard line policy position but they've left an "out" by enforcing the little "niches" in the law like the school zones. They literally don't have the resources to shut down MMJ anywhere...period. All they can ever do is selectively target & prosecute, which ultimately causes backlash among the voters and..... the law changes. 74% of people in the US support MMJ. Various polls show full legalization support at or around 50%. Younger generations are higher than 60% so as the older folks die off or lose their prohibitionist minds at what's happening, the voting all swings to legalization & regulation like alcohol.

Yet they need to continue to prosecute the war on drugs because it's become a huge source of money to the DEA. CIA, and regional/local police forces nationwide. This way they can turn all local police departments into paramilitary forces instead of community police forces that protect & serve. The feds give them quotas that earn them federal $ for more arrests, that's how it all works. Over $1T dollars since Nixon initiated it in 1972.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado