U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 08-30-2007, 04:54 PM

9 posts, read 16,853 times
Default Relocating Nurse

I have a few questions for anyone willing to give some advice. I am an RN and am looking to relocate in the next year or two. I am very interested in Colorado and could use some help on where to find some good information. I prefer to work in an ER in a mid sized hospitals but like living in a small town. For example I work in a town of about 25,000 but drive a good distance so I can live in my little town of about 2,500. I am maried and my wife and I have 5 children, I like the small town life where we can raise our family but also want to stay busy at work. Does anyone have any recomendations on some locations that I could look into.
I am also interested in what the cost of living would be, as well as RN wages. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-30-2007, 07:31 PM

432 posts, read 1,272,145 times
You could live in Wellington, Severance, Timnath, Eaton, Ault, etc. These are all small towns in the Fort Collins area. There are four major hospitals in the area. In fort collins Poudre Valley Hospital, in Loveland McKee Medical Center and Medical Center of the Rockies(brand new level II trauma center), and in Greeley Northern Colorado Medical Center. I believe they start out around 30 an hour for RN's. Many times you have to start out as a PRN here in Colorado. Not sure what it is like if you have experience. Good Luck

Unread 08-30-2007, 07:45 PM

65,678 posts, read 51,998,787 times
Those are good suggestions for small town living. You should check these hospital websites for openings and salaries. There are not tons of openings, but there are a few.

Unread 08-30-2007, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 4,173 times
Default Good choices for you

If you want a smaller town environment but still be close to great shopping, the airport and jobs then you might consider Parker or Castle Rock. They are both around that size. North of Denver you will find a few nice smaller towns also like Lafayette and Longmont. What is your price range for housing? There are hospitals all over and I always see ads for nurses so don't think you would have a problem finding work. As someone who has lived her 30 years I really know almost every town in and surrounding Denver and would be happy to answer any questions.

Unread 09-05-2007, 08:26 AM

9 posts, read 16,853 times
Thanks for all of the response! I really appreciate it. I am used to lower prices for houses so I may have a reality check but I was wanting to get into something that was 5 bedrooms, we have 5 kids, for under 100k. I like fixing up a home so it could need work but I need to be able to at least live in with the family as I work on it. Again thanks for the feedback!!

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,367 times
HI,

Try Valley View Hospital in Glenwood Springs, CO. They are short on nurses, and the hospital looks like the Ritz Carlton, and we have a population under 9,000. Housing is a bit pricey seeing we are between Vail and Aspen, but our schools are great. I'm a Realtor and a volunteer at this hospital. Can I help you out?

Mary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado