U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:33 PM

4,697 posts, read 4,330,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterprods View Post
I wanted to say something, to scold them or administer spank-downs, but they probably would have just been obstinate and obnoxious about it. Unfortunately, people like that won't learn until AFTER something really tragic happens. I don't feel so bad for them as I do for their families and the people they might someday kill.
It would be one thing if these idiots (and they're not always kids) would just kill themselves when they finally have that inevitable wreck. In such a case "justice is served" sez I. But no, usually they kill an innocent driver or a car full of innocents and emerge unscathed themselves.

Something about summer in Colorado seems to bring all the crazies out on the roads. Today I was driving the vast 10 mile stretch from Cortez to Dolores at the posted speed limit of 65mph. Not only is 65mph the law, it's just plain common sense. You can drive that 10 miles at 90mph if you want, but any gain this may give you in driving time (what? 5 minutes?) is cancelled out when you hit the town of Dolores with its strictly enforced speed limit of 35mph.

Today some hotshot kid in a pick-up truck tail-gated me at 65mph for half the drive until I backed him off by tapping smartly on my brakes and scaring him into going the posted limit for a mile or two. He finally overtook me as soon as we hit the next blind curve and roared down the hill into town. I passed him at an intersection in Dolores a couple of minutes later. He had been pulled over by a traffic cop.

Sometimes there is a God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 09:35 AM

7,764 posts, read 16,835,798 times
Colorado Rambler wrote: I passed him at an intersection in Dolores a couple of minutes later. He had been pulled over by a traffic cop.

Gotta luv it when it plays out like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado