U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:25 PM

2,408 posts, read 13,180,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photomnt View Post
You might want to try Wyoming, the most Republican/conservative state in the country. Although they continue to vote for democratic governors.
Although technically, if you were to move to Wyoming, your vote wouldn't count either, as there would be so many other people voting Republican (for national races at least) that it wouldn't matter whether or not you voted.

The Electoral College is so stupid. It's not fair to Mississippi Democrats or Massachusetts Republicans for their vote to essentially not count just because of where they happen to live. In a democracy, the victor should be the candidate who receives the most votes, not the candidate who has the greatest geographical distribution of voters which is essentially what the Electoral College measures. Sorry, a bit of tangent.

Last edited by dullnboring; 09-13-2006 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 09-13-2006, 10:17 PM

61 posts, read 348,059 times
CO is conservative to a very large extent. Some exceptions are mentioned above. Mountain communities Democratic, anything in Douglas County is Republican, and all of Littleton. And right wing means very right wing here. I was a middle of the road type in Georgia, and now I would be classed as a liberal in CO. I have voted almost evenly (Repub vs Dem) in national elections over the last 30 years.
Some years ago I was hacked off that Coor's had dumped a bunch of chemicals in the Clear Creek river, and my friends at work all said I must be a tree hugging liberal! I was confused, to say the least....and I am still opposed to pouring crap in our rivers. Go figure! I have the problem of being a fiscal conservative and wanting to safe guard our natural resources. A conservator takes care of all his resources. Very polarized here - I turn off the TV for 3 months leading up to elections.
Still a great place to live.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:11 AM

25,165 posts, read 47,454,326 times
That is funny how you said for me to live in Littleton when it is not democratic. I need to live in a liberal/moderate not extreme right wing area.

Old 09-15-2006, 01:07 PM

I am not clear when I said for you to move to Littleton, but my misunderstanding! City of Denver is Democratic, Aurora is swinging that way, Boulder/Nederland, and almost all Mtn communities. All of Douglas County is strongly republican. Recently the biggest change in fund raising for Greenwood Village is democratic. I think Littleton was close to 65/35, repub-dem in the last election. A middle of the road type from CA will be a liberal here.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:49 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,454,326 times
I guess you can tell by my name that I am more liberal. Plus I is gay ha ha!

Yeah I think it was you who said I should move to littleton because it had lovely neighborhoods and schools......so it is understandable

Thanks though

P.S. what sort of city is steamboat?

Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I guess you can tell by my name that I am more liberal. Plus I is gay ha ha!

Yeah I think it was you who said I should move to littleton because it had lovely neighborhoods and schools......so it is understandable

Thanks though

P.S. what sort of city is steamboat?
Well I spend a week there at Thanksgiving for the last ten years, and I love it. Nice mix of ranch types and ski/tourists and usual ski town stuff, but it is a real town. I don't know what you do for work and that may be a problem. Usually only jobs are service type.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:04 PM

423 posts, read 986,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthDenverGuy View Post
I think Littleton was close to 65/35, repub-dem in the last election. A middle of the road type from CA will be a liberal here.
Yikes, I'm from CA.

Where do you find these statistics?

Old 10-03-2006, 06:04 PM

105 posts, read 102,690 times
Moderator cut: off topic

As far as Colorado goes my guess is that Denver is going to be Democratic while some of the hinterlands - far away from everything vote GOP.

Last edited by Marka; 10-04-2006 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or