U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 PM

7 posts, read 12,660 times

Advertisements

I'm deciding if I want to move to Colorado in the next few months. My husband an I both grew up on Long Island (NY) however we've just moved back from Georgia where my husband spent nearly the last decade in the Army. I loved how boring Georgia was lol.
Recently a friend of mine from Georgia moved to Pueblo West, her husband got stationed at Fort Carson. I went to go visit her a little over a month ago and ever since have been trying to convince my husband to move. We both have family in NY and everyone basically on the east coast. I used to think I would never be able to leave the ocean, but since lake pueblo is there I pretty much got over that.
I'm currently looking into apartments and have been getting mixed reviews about Villas at Park West. They're located across the street from the YMCA in pueblo.
Is there anyone on here that actually lives there or knows anyone who lives there? I'd really like an insider's view on maintenance, the monthly bills aside from rent.
Average water, electric, gas, whats included in the rent.
Do they actually keep the gates closed?
How available are the garages/carports? Enough for everyone?
Thin walls, dogs not allowed to relieve themselves on the lawn?

I've heard this one guy saying something on the lines of his bills kept growing by $100 every month. Another person saying they never get his/her packages. Another saying they were reprimanded for letting their dogs pee on the lawn.

Basically anything anyone has heard of them I'd definitely like to know.
Thanks guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 08:24 PM

20,304 posts, read 37,790,850 times
You'll like the dry air here, lack of traffic and relatively sunny and mild winters compared to NY.

We recommend renting a year to learn an area.

Look for rentals with padmapper.com and the best of luck to you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:51 AM

13,632 posts, read 21,489,347 times
There are maybe two... maybe four active posters here on City-Data that post here and are from Pueblo.

I know nothing about those apts... maybe Joss does. Good luck.

You didn't compare Pueblo Res with the Atlantic Ocean, did you? It's late. I must be delirious.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:00 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,414,224 times
Dog....you are too funny!!! Joss will chime in soon...Good Luck!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,348,297 times
I have never personally seen the inside of the apartments but I have only heard good things about them. The only problem is they are kind of isolated, not really in Pueblo and not in Pueblo West so if you want to go anywhere you have to get on a highway, either Highway 50 or Pueblo Blvd. If your husband is going to be commuting to Fort Carson I would recommend looking into the apartments in Eagle Ridge as its right off I-25 on the north side of Pueblo and a easy commute.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 PM

Thanks for the quick reply guys!
Good things are better than bad things. A friend of mine went to go see them (Villas) but if you look it up online that say random things, and ultimately got a 19% review. I like the location of it because my friend lives in Pueblo West. Having two dogs I need a pet friendly area. It's only a few minutes from I-25, my husband is used to commuting roughly 30-40 minutes to his office so I was hoping that it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm debating on living in Pueblo or Colorado springs, seems like all the IT jobs out there are in Colorado Springs and most of Pueblo is shopping and small shops. When I visited I didn't get to see the city of Pueblo so can't say much.
Do you guys know Colorado springs areas at all? Or any of you work in Colorado springs and commute?

My husband is trying to convince me that Pueblo is way colder than LI. I keep trying to tell him that it's more mild than he thinks.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba2383 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply guys!
Good things are better than bad things. A friend of mine went to go see them (Villas) but if you look it up online that say random things, and ultimately got a 19% review. I like the location of it because my friend lives in Pueblo West. Having two dogs I need a pet friendly area. It's only a few minutes from I-25, my husband is used to commuting roughly 30-40 minutes to his office so I was hoping that it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm debating on living in Pueblo or Colorado springs, seems like all the IT jobs out there are in Colorado Springs and most of Pueblo is shopping and small shops. When I visited I didn't get to see the city of Pueblo so can't say much.
Do you guys know Colorado springs areas at all? Or any of you work in Colorado springs and commute?

My husband is trying to convince me that Pueblo is way colder than LI. I keep trying to tell him that it's more mild than he thinks.
Colorado Springs has more shopping then Pueblo since they are a larger town but Pueblo has a mall with the major department stores and we have a growing Riverwalk area with many cute local shops in downtown. As far as the weather Pueblo is not that cold yes we get our cold snaps but generally we are warmer and get less snow then Colorado Springs and where you are from.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:50 PM

I didn't realize there was such a huge difference in the amount of snow between Colorado Springs and Pueblo. I like that Pueblo is pretty developed however as far as work availability is I'm starting to get curious about how many IT/network engineer jobs are out there in Pueblo.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba2383 View Post
I didn't realize there was such a huge difference in the amount of snow between Colorado Springs and Pueblo. I like that Pueblo is pretty developed however as far as work availability is I'm starting to get curious about how many IT/network engineer jobs are out there in Pueblo.
I will be honest not many then again Colorado Springs is not the best place for IT jobs in the state either. That would be Denver with the Denver Tech Center. Pueblo is suppose to get a tech park that rivals the one in Denver but that has been on hold due to the economy and it will take years for it to have the kind of jobs Denver has now.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I will be honest not many then again Colorado Springs is not the best place for IT jobs in the state either. That would be Denver with the Denver Tech Center. Pueblo is suppose to get a tech park that rivals the one in Denver but that has been on hold due to the economy and it will take years for it to have the kind of jobs Denver has now.
I read about the Pueblo tech park, something about a guy in las vagas funding it, however with the economy they're on hold. Possibly taking 50 years before it's built. It would be such a perfect place for a tech park too!! What a bummer, even with the economy down I think it would be a boost. Ultimately I would like to be in a Pueblo type area, however with my husband's job most likely end up in a urban area (unless he gets a government contract).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or