U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 04:49 AM

14,132 posts, read 24,650,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRTYWRYR View Post
where are the IT/networking jobs? Denver?
Visit one of the job sites like indeed.com, put in "IT networking" within 100 miles of Denver and you should be able to figure out where the jobs are. I came across an IT contractor job in my field the other day in Highlands Ranch so there must be an IT company there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 04:25 PM

12 posts, read 25,724 times
you guys are extremely helpful, and I'm thankful

Mike from back east, I'm glad to hear that from you about CoSprings because from what I have seen in my searching of real estate, it's one of the more affordable places and new construction which I prefer. I had been looking at it before, because it's big enough to have job opportunities actually in it. I read quite a few threads on here before I decided to start my own, and I got my bad opinion of it from those. Things like "I hope no more liberals move here" and "I'd love to have a military training center in my backyard" and it put me off. Actually, it would be nice to be that much closer so I can drive back to NM to see family. Again that's good to hear.

CAVA1990, will look at that-thank you for sharing!

Idunn....will check out Louisville! Funny, the first time I moved to Texas, just outside of Dallas, I was confronted with questions as to why I didnt look hispanic-some of the people hadnt even heard of Alb or New Mexico, so they assumed I was from Mexico. No lie.

wanneroo-the only reason I mentioned political anything, was because I've seen threads with people asking the same questions as myself, without giving any info and the first thing people on here say is "what's your political affil" so I thought I'd tell ya lol And the only reason I thought Loveland might be backwards was that people from there were the ones saying it was, in another forum. I have nothing against it myself. By the by, I support Rocky Anderson and follow Bernie Sanders, not republicrats. I wish I was regressive-I'd rather be 19 than 39

cheers everyone-it's Saturday night!!

Old 02-13-2012, 07:57 AM

109 posts, read 209,472 times
PRTYWRYR, Mike from back east has given you very accurate information about Colorado Springs. My husband and I used to be extremely liberal (not so much any more - now we are much closer to how you describe yourself politically). Anyway, we moved to Colorado Springs in 1993 and have lived here ever since. Yes, there are some religious nut-jobs here - but they give us great stories to tell each other over the dinner table. For the most part, people here really are of the "live and let live" mentality. Housing prices are very reasonable and we have excellent schools - including many that offer IB. Don't write off Colorado Springs until you've had a chance to come and visit. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 AM

798 posts, read 1,134,391 times
The school districts that offer IB in Colorado Springs are District 11, District 20, and District 49. District 11 has the longest lasting program with the strand being Midland International Elem-North MS- Palmer HS, District 20 has several IB schools- Discovery Canyon Campus (K-12), Academy International ES-Mountain Ridge (I get it mixed up from Ridge or View, so I apologize if it's wrong)-Rampart HS; D49 is Evans International ES-Horizon MS-Sand Creek HS.

Essentially you can find an IB school if you live in Central CS, Far north CS, north CS, and eastern CS.

I know D20 has multiple IB elementary schools- if you were to go the route in Colorado springs, I would suggest picking the language you feel your child is most interested in, or has been taking, and pick a school accordingly. French is the language at Discovery Canyon (elementary) and Academy International and Spanish is added for the middle school. Same thing for the D11 strand- French at the elementary school, other languages added at the middle school level. D49 has Spanish at Evans Elementary with French and Spanish at the secondary level (German at the HS).

D20 also has some elementary schools that teach Chinese and Spanish. I would suggest to research if the Chinese, French, and Spanish continue to the secondary levels. In addition, many of the D20 schools also do language immersion- check to see if the middle schools continue that immersion, and the high schools as well.

Boulder has a good IB program as well... Colorado is actually fairly saturated with IB schools. When I go to my IB trainings in far off places like Houston or Miami, more than half of the teachers there for the trainings are from Colorado.

Here is a great website for you to find IB schools (which you may already know as you are interested in IB schools):

http://www.ibo.org/school/search/index.cfm?programmes=&country=US&region=CO&find_sc hools=Find
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado