U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:49 PM

13 posts, read 26,202 times

Advertisements

How about in the N part of Bessemer like this address? 931 E Elm Street

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 PM

11,842 posts, read 18,860,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojodad View Post
How about in the N part of Bessemer like this address? 931 E Elm Street

Thanks for the help.
First off a history lesson of the area for fun.

The building across the street use to be a elementary school. It was first named Danforth Elementary after a manager at the old CF&I. Then later it was named Strack Elementary named after a early principal at Danforth. My spelling might be off on the names. I know that because my grandma went to the school when it was Danforth and my dad went to the school when it was Strack.

Do I like that area? Yes its cute and I love all the mom and pop business' there but honestly I would not live there. That being said I know people who live there and love it so my advise is come out and visit and see if that is a area of town for you. Another part of town to look at is the historic part of north downtown as it has been rated the best historic neighborhood in the state and one of the best in the nation. It is located just north of downtown by Mineral Palace Park and Parkview Medical Center.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Nice lesson. Honestly I'd love to come out and visit before we moved but unfortunately we won't be able to do that. We're just going to have to move blind. I know it's not the best way or our favorite way but it's the way it is this time. We've moved all over the country the last bunch of years. We're very adaptable and there's not much we don't like so as long as we don't have gang fights in our front yard I'm sure we'll be fine anywhere in town.

Google maps places that place in the north end of Bessemer. Is google maps correct? One more question. Has anyone heard of the blocks neighborhood? I guess it's off midway off abriendo ave just north of the union ave bridge. I'm just curious because we found a rental we really like.

Thanks again for all the info

Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 PM

That sounds right. I know of the "blocks" neighborhood and have cousins who live there. They even have rentals on their property. It would be funny if you were looking at their place lol. Its a nice area.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM

56 posts, read 103,396 times
Quote:
Honestly I'd love to come out and visit before we moved but unfortunately we won't be able to do that. We're just going to have to move blind.
Hi There -

We studied google maps for months and came to citydate for help before we moved out (finally moved here almost three weeks ago). Fortunately, we were able to visit before we moved and picked a house that way. Which was very good because a couple of the houses we thought were *perfect* were far from it once we were inside.

If you'd like to contact me for help, send me a direct message and I'll do what I can. Paying if forward for all the help I got here

Karen

Old 05-06-2013, 03:19 PM

55 posts, read 63,212 times
Quote:
Nice lesson. Honestly I'd love to come out and visit before we moved but unfortunately we won't be able to do that. We're just going to have to move blind. I know it's not the best way or our favorite way but it's the way it is this time. We've moved all over the country the last bunch of years. We're very adaptable and there's not much we don't like so as long as we don't have gang fights in our front yard I'm sure we'll be fine anywhere in town.

Google maps places that place in the north end of Bessemer. Is google maps correct? One more question. Has anyone heard of the blocks neighborhood? I guess it's off midway off abriendo ave just north of the union ave bridge. I'm just curious because we found a rental we really like.

Thanks again for all the info
when i first moved over to mesa junction i was told by an acquaintance to avoid the blocks. in fact, we almost bought there, but were talked out of it. 8 years later, i've been in and out of this neighborhood plenty and never had issue one. kind of eclectic.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:37 PM

Sounds fun. Fluff, thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if we need any help. We're waiting for a rental app to go through. Skyview condos are kind of our back of plan. We're just looking for a cheap short lease to start with.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
Hi I'm wondering if The Belmont are area is pretty decent?I'm planning on moving there and want to know if it's safe?

Old 06-18-2013, 05:07 PM

It's more of a working class neighborhood. I have friends that live there and I think overall it's safe.

Old 03-07-2014, 10:30 PM

508 posts, read 473,371 times
Default Crime mapping for Pueblo

I can't seem to find a crime mapping site that covers Pueblo. The 2 I use most often - RAIDS Online and CrimeReport - won't show me anything. Well CrimeReport shows me the sex offenders - makes it look like Pueblo is the sex offender Mecca - but nothing else.

I can't see anything even on SpotCrime.

Is there a crime mapping site that covers Pueblo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado