U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2015, 01:44 PM
 
Location: The 719
11,683 posts, read 19,930,900 times
Reputation: 12259

Advertisements

You don't have enough posts nor tenure to rank on City-Data forums. But don't take my word for it, do what you do.

Good luck with that and see ya down the road. Meanwhile, read some of my posts on the Pueblo Sucks threads and see what I've been saying, for and against Pueblo.

In fact, it was a Why Is Pueblo So Cheap thread which brought me to City-Data forums in the first place, some 9 years ago. (Iirc, I got an infraction over the thing on my very first post. Have had some just deleted too.)

As far as racism, who knows? Who cares? Let's not delve into self pity here. What one person hates about Pueblo may be what another loves about it. Pueblo has been standing on its own for a pretty long time, with and without the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2015, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
1,893 posts, read 1,026,657 times
Reputation: 1792
Bugaboo, obvioulsy you are distressed by this information and are very passionate about it, and while it certainly may be in error compared to some normalized numbers, the fact of the matter is CD forums cover all the United states and major metropolitan areas and have to collect data from a realibale source somewhere. That also means they can't necessarily scrub and normalize every data table form every source in every post each time its found. If that data is flawed, that is what we discuss here to help arrive at may be a more reasonable number that we can share with others. I sincerely doubt that any of this data was posted as a racist, libelous, or other similarly neferous purpose.

If you had read through some other Pueblo topics here, you may have find that the PPD actually reports their crime numbers in a way that may lead to the composite numbers you see posted. To push your concerns back to the source, you may have to convince the PPD to alter their data collection methods and classifications of reporting. Then CD can extract their reported numbers for teh next update cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Status: "CSU Pueblo is in the NCAA D2 playoffs!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,910 posts, read 19,098,843 times
Reputation: 3985
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Bugaboo, obvioulsy you are distressed by this information and are very passionate about it, and while it certainly may be in error compared to some normalized numbers, the fact of the matter is CD forums cover all the United states and major metropolitan areas and have to collect data from a realibale source somewhere. That also means they can't necessarily scrub and normalize every data table form every source in every post each time its found. If that data is flawed, that is what we discuss here to help arrive at may be a more reasonable number that we can share with others. I sincerely doubt that any of this data was posted as a racist, libelous, or other similarly neferous purpose.

If you had read through some other Pueblo topics here, you may have find that the PPD actually reports their crime numbers in a way that may lead to the composite numbers you see posted. To push your concerns back to the source, you may have to convince the PPD to alter their data collection methods and classifications of reporting. Then CD can extract their reported numbers for teh next update cycle.
Pueblo does report crime data to make it worse then it is to get more federal funding. Good for the budgets bad for the public relations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:16 PM
 
4 posts, read 1,865 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
You don't have enough posts nor tenure to rank on City-Data forums. But don't take my word for it, do what you do.

Good luck with that and see ya down the road. Meanwhile, read some of my posts on the Pueblo Sucks threads and see what I've been saying, for and against Pueblo.

In fact, it was a Why Is Pueblo So Cheap thread which brought me to City-Data forums in the first place, some 9 years ago. (Iirc, I got an infraction over the thing on my very first post. Have had some just deleted too.)

As far as racism, who knows? Who cares? Let's not delve into self pity here. What one person hates about Pueblo may be what another loves about it. Pueblo has been standing on its own for a pretty long time, with and without the internet.
I'm not all that impressed with hierarchy in a public forum and will most likely say whatever I want to say. The first amendment affords me that privilege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:27 PM
 
818 posts, read 822,511 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1212 View Post
I'm not all that impressed with hierarchy in a public forum and will most likely say whatever I want to say. The first amendment affords me that privilege.
Um, city-data.com is a privately owned entity and can ban you at any time for what you might say- or just if they damn well please. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply when it comes to capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:46 PM
 
19,554 posts, read 35,635,032 times
Reputation: 16630
This is a privately owned website.

Freedom of speech here is whatever the owner dictates, as enforced by humorless, grim old slugs like me who moderate these forums.

Freedumb of speech here is not tolerated, every one of us needs to be civil and try to help people who're relocating or inquiring.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2015, 03:52 PM
 
Location: The 719
11,683 posts, read 19,930,900 times
Reputation: 12259
That.

I was trying to convey this in a subtle way, so as to not ruffle any egoic feathers but...

But, in the spirit of the thread title and to the one who bumped it up, I offer this, a post I wrote on the subject matter last year...
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I wouldn't say Pueblo is the sex offender mecca of anything. Perhaps Pueblo does a better job of catching them and getting them registered.

Take for example the recent number of rapes in Colorado Springs, 359 vs 21 for Pueblo over the same time span.

For CoSprings thats 0.83/1000 vs 0.19/1000 for Pueblo and 0.27/1000 vs the national average.

So Pueblo has fewer rapes vs the national average and Colorado Springs has almost four times as many as Pueblo per capita.

City-Data has their own stats on crime so check those, the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation), local sheriff's office, or the local police for further stats.
Are we not barking up the same tree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2015, 06:26 PM
 
4,312 posts, read 5,835,961 times
Reputation: 3325
One of my good friends lives in Pueblo and over the past few years he has had so many problems with gangsters in his neighborhood - drive-by shootings, fights, etc. Like two or three major incidents every year and minor incidents probably monthly or more often. Today a 14 year old kid was crying in his yard, ran away from him. He found the kid and talked to him and he was crying and trying to hide from some thugs who were trying to beat him up because the blue jacket his mother got him for Christmas is the wrong color for the neighborhood. They want to leave but have trouble affording a move right now....they have a sick kiddo and money goes for that.

Last edited by otowi; 12-29-2015 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Status: "CSU Pueblo is in the NCAA D2 playoffs!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,910 posts, read 19,098,843 times
Reputation: 3985
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
One of my good friends lives in Pueblo and over the past few years he has had so many problems with gangsters in his neighborhood - drive-by shootings, fights, etc. Like two or three major incidents every year and minor incidents probably monthly or more often. Today a 14 year old kid was crying in his yard, ran away from him. He found the kid and talked to him and he was crying and trying to hide from some thugs who were trying to beat him up because the blue jacket his mother got him for Christmas is the wrong color for the neighborhood. They want to leave but have trouble affording a move right now....
Sounds like he lives on the lower east side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2015, 06:56 PM
 
4,312 posts, read 5,835,961 times
Reputation: 3325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Sounds like he lives on the lower east side?
Maybe - I don't know Pueblo neighborhoods very well. Spruce Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top