U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:09 AM

28 posts, read 84,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I don't think that it's THAT cheap.

Think about how much you pay for petro... 3.05+/gal. Diesel... 3.65+/gal.

Food is expensive... even in the Walmart[s].

License tags are outrageous. Living off the Front Range a scosh doesn't save you from THIS fate.

How about that heat bill in the winter months? Or that electric bill in the summer? Ask Joss about his water bill. Or better yet, don't.

How much for your 3G Verizon smartphone? Does it cost less than what you would pay in Denver? Dallas?

I've heard that you can make 15 bucks/hr working at McDonalds in Gillette Wyoming or up in North Dakota. Don't think this is true of Pueblo. Oh, and ask a waiter or waitress how well the typical Puebloan tips in these lucrative times.
Ok, well you got a point... I guess, I was'nt thinking about cost in relation to the items you listed above... Yes my water bill is around $45 a month year around, electric is about $156, and gas for some crazy reason last month was $142.."kind of strange, the gas was so high, but oh well", my verizon bill is about as much as a small car payment ,and as for the cost of premimum gas here in town, I have no choice if I want to move motorize from point A to point B, if not, it's back to the LPC's (Leather Personnel Carriers)ie:my shoes lol. I guess the point I was making really focused on dirt cheap housing...without having to subject yourself to the East side of town. Just taking my lessons learned from the past when deciding to move here, was that there is alot of data out there to process about P-Town, whether it's crime stats, housing, employment, you name it. I think like I've heard everyone on here at one time say that "crime is everywhere" I know there are certain areas of town, that I should'nt be walking down allies at 2am in the morning,then there are some I would do just fine with the same senerio, but I would have to ask myself, is any alley smart for me to be walking down or around during that time?? Situational awareness is the key to survival anywhere, whether its Pueblo, or Mayberry...

Last edited by kiddd74; 02-13-2012 at 03:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 09:43 AM

18,888 posts, read 8,867,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Nice charts and all. Pueblo has some work to do.

But with regards to violent crime, Denver andModerator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed has some work to do as well. They need to get them forcible rape and aggravated assault stats headed back down sometime soon.
Of course. I am simply responding to another poster's common reaction of sugar coating anything negative about Pueblo. The purpose of data is, or at least should be, to honestly compare two places or things without simply relying on anecdotal opinions.

Pueblo's crime rate is what is.
Colorado Springs' crime rate is what it is.
Denver's crime rate is what it is.

Last edited by Yac; 02-29-2012 at 05:11 AM..

Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 AM

12,102 posts, read 20,348,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Of course. I am simply responding to another poster's common reaction of sugar coating anything negative about Pueblo. The purpose of data is, or at least should be, to honestly compare two places or things without simply relying on anecdotal opinions.

Pueblo's crime rate is what is.
Denver's crime rate is what it is.
I am not sugar coating anything. Statistics are what they are however for me the bottom line is do I feel safe as no town is worth living in if I did not feel safe. I can honestly say I have never felt un safe in Pueblo and I go out to eat, go to the bars, the musicals and walk around downtown from bar to bar or on the Riverwalk even late at night. I even have friends who live in the east side and I have no problem driving there at night.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:57 PM

13,631 posts, read 21,489,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Looks like a good time to stay out of Walgreens, 7-11s and banks. Two APBTs biting cops? Ouch.

Isn't Colorado Springs the home of that Tabor Bill? Hopefully it and its author will suffer the same fate as ole Ted Haggard.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:59 AM

705 posts, read 822,940 times
We used to go there 5 times a year or so (cheaper to stay there then it is to stay in Colorado Springs) and Pueblo has its nice parts and its super scary avoid at all cost abandoned houses and gang areas. Sadly a good chunk of the town seems to be the latter and it isn't uncommon to find used diapers and other trash in the parking lots of the Kohls and Kmart and there is a lot of Vandalism in the Kohls in and around the dressing room when the building isn't even that old. The lake is pretty cool and Pueblo West seems nice and safe as do some of the areas around CSU Pueblo. My mother was so happy when they finally connected highways 50 and 96 so you didn't have to go though the ghetto when coming though in 50. There are good things in Pueblo, but most of the people I know in Colorado or who are from Colorado are slightly racist and see the area from Canon City west and south (as well as Greeley) as Mexican land and undesirable. The Pueblo mall also goes though various stages of being dead and my parents say its better now then it was in the 90's when they had to get their car fixed at Wards.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:03 PM

28 posts, read 84,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
We used to go there 5 times a year or so (cheaper to stay there then it is to stay in Colorado Springs) and Pueblo has its nice parts and its super scary avoid at all cost abandoned houses and gang areas. Sadly a good chunk of the town seems to be the latter and it isn't uncommon to find used diapers and other trash in the parking lots of the Kohls and Kmart and there is a lot of Vandalism in the Kohls in and around the dressing room when the building isn't even that old. The lake is pretty cool and Pueblo West seems nice and safe as do some of the areas around CSU Pueblo. My mother was so happy when they finally connected highways 50 and 96 so you didn't have to go though the ghetto when coming though in 50. There are good things in Pueblo, but most of the people I know in Colorado or who are from Colorado are slightly racist and see the area from Canon City west and south (as well as Greeley) as Mexican land and undesirable. The Pueblo mall also goes though various stages of being dead and my parents say its better now then it was in the 90's when they had to get their car fixed at Wards.
I was just at Kohls on Saturday, not really my shopping venue for good deals, but wifey likes it. I did'nt noticed the used diapers in the parking lot, but than again, it was a light coat of snow on the ground. As for the racism, I have'nt witness any, and I'm an african american and my wife is caucasin. Maybe I've just been lucky so far....

Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 AM

13,631 posts, read 21,489,347 times
I've not seen a used diaper anywhere in Pueblo. I guess used diapers are just off my radar or something.

I don't use public restrooms if at all possible... especially while in France or border town Mexico.

To say one group of people in Colorado is trashier than another group of people just seems ghetto to me and screams of vendetta. Either way, it's got nothing to do with crime anyway.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:41 PM

116 posts, read 273,955 times
ok i have to ask, been lurking and may head to Pueblo soon. Why is Verizon so expensive there?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:39 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,348,297 times
I have sprint but I thought the prices were the same all over so idk.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:54 PM

116 posts, read 273,955 times
yeah I figured te same. Here in NC I pay $115 a month for three phones , data on my iphone. about the same out there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or