Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,055,148 times

Advertisements

Congrats on making the big move and Welcome to the neighborhood. Singletree is great, it's nice to be on the sunny side of the mountains. A good friend lives up at the top of Winslow and had Mountain Lion in her garage last week, we had a bear take a bath in the dog's kiddie pool a few days ago in Wildridge, lots more wildlife up here, just keep an eye out and be safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Singletree residents have been warned many times about cougars out and about in the neighborhood, especially at night and in early morning hours. Especially in winter, the elk herds still come down on the golf course and that brings the cougars as well.

Cougars in most cases try to avoid humans but they don't have bells around their neck, so you do need to take caution.

Black bears are around. I can tell you many stories from in the valley and coming across bears. I had a hilarious time in the summer of 2004 with a bear every night right front of my apartment in Avon. Don't keep your trash out, don't leave bird food out or anything else that will attract bears or you will get company at 3 AM. Once bears find a source of food they will be back. And they have broken into houses in the valley. The Eagle County Sheriff has bean bag shotgun shells they use on problem bears.

What is deceptive about this valley is you drive down I-70 and think it's urban. But it isn't. What you see from I-70 is pretty much all there is and you go over the mountains to the north or south you can walk for 50 rugged miles and see no sign of civilization.

Singletree is a nice neighborhood and a good choice.

I think you'll be surprised because it's the depth of summer right now but that is going to change quickly. You will see first signs of fall in mid August with cooler nights and some aspens turning. Yes Singletree gets nicer weather and more sun in winter, but it is not immune from cold weather. If you are doing summer activities or need to do a lot of stuff outside that requires summer weather get it done now. By the end of September, winter will not be far away and it will definitely be crisp in the air. In contrast Denver will still have much warmer weather in general.

Enjoy and let us know how it turns out over time.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj32 View Post
Well, I thought I would update you all (since it is my pet peeve when people come here and post, we all give them tons of advice and then they go MIA).. I do not want to jinx myself, but our house down here went under contract in less than one day. Things really are moving quickly- i can't wait to see the real estate sales numbers for Q2- there is very little for sale down here. And we found a great place and a great school up in Edwards. So it seems to be coming together. We've lived here for 13 years in Denver so it is scary but also exciting! I am excited to stop spending 50% of weekends in the mountains and dealing with I-70 traffic and be up there full time.
How is life in Edwards? We are a family of 4 that has commuted to the mountains every weekend as well. We currently have good job opportunities in the Vail Valley and are contemplating a move. Do you use public schools? Where will your kids ski race?

Thank-you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado