Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:39 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times

Advertisements

I am planning a family reunion in Colorado for a long weekend (Thursday thru Sunday) in Colorado. We have held previous family reunions in Fort Collins and Estes Park. The goal is to find a place with rooms for around 25-30 family units (typically 2 members but some larger family units of 4 or 5). We would ideally like a place with a meeting room we could use for the group activities but want a place with nice weather, not too hot or cold nor too high for the more senior members of our group. So we could meet outdoors rather than in a meeting room.

We plan to have this in mid June time period and are looking for affordable places. Prefer an altitude not higher than 5 to 6000 feet above sea level and not too crowded ideally. Many family members come from Texas, Oklahoma and some from Arizona as well as a two from Colorado so southern part of Colorado might be ideal.

Estes park is too high an altitude for us these days. Any ideas for me with contact information I can speak with someone about? Thanks in advance for an guidance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 04:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Boulder, at 5430 in elevation, might work. Especially after college is over for the year and thousands of students and visiting parents go away and hotels have lots of rooms to fill. Good scenery, lots to do/see there, tons of good eats and some nice shows at CU, The Chautauqua, etc. Also a short trip to Denver from there.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:15 PM

Thanks, any areas with cabins/motels with up to 20 rooms available you now of around Boulder?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:30 PM

352 posts, read 797,478 times
You might check out Chautauqua:

The Colorado Chautauqua Association - venues and lodging for Reunions & Retreats

Old 02-19-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovinedivine View Post
Thanks, awesome looking and boulder sounds like a good location. The web site pricing looks high for our group, we have single parents, retirees, college professors, etc..

However, I will give them a call to check on rates they might quote for a group our size at this time.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 PM

352 posts, read 797,478 times
At that peak season, Boulder may no doubt be tough on the budget.

I'm sure the Colorado Springs and Pueblo area folks will be along with some suggestions. Is your group looking for anything else in particular, i.e., golf, swimming, hot springs, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, historical side trips, fine dining? Do your tastes run more to rustic cabins -- or a hotel/motel setting?

Old 02-19-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovinedivine View Post
At that peak season, Boulder may no doubt be tough on the budget.

I'm sure the Colorado Springs and Pueblo area folks will be along with some suggestions. Is your group looking for anything else in particular, i.e., golf, swimming, hot springs, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, historical side trips, fine dining? Do your tastes run more to rustic cabins -- or a hotel/motel setting?
I read the info in more detail and it has some more affordable options that might work. We spend time together more than do things as the avg age isnt too young. I have attended two of these anual reunions and both were near a lake or ski town in summer. Accommodations were simple condos with food options near by sometimes a meeting room was available indoors too as I mentioned. Colorado Springs or Pueblo would be good candidates too. We have attendees who live in Monument and Ft Collins colorado and have asked for their guidance on good spots near either of those locations. But any guidance from the CD forum is always helpful.

I am going to call the option you gave me in Boulder to see if its available and be sure I understand the details. One attendee will be stop on his way from NYC to Aspen and his schedule sets the timing pretty firmly.

Keep the great ideas coming, your suggestions is looking like a good candidate price wise after a closer look.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Estes park is too high an altitude for us these days.
Sorry to hear that about Estes Park. We went to Lane Guest Ranch in Estes Park years ago during the month of August, and still receive their brochures. What a beautiful, fun, family oriented place. Here's a link for anyone else who might be interested. Lane Guest Ranch

Old 02-21-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Sorry to hear that about Estes Park. We went to Lane Guest Ranch in Estes Park years ago during the month of August, and still receive their brochures. What a beautiful, fun, family oriented place. Here's a link for anyone else who might be interested. Lane Guest Ranch
Boulder is sounding great, we are open to any elevation below 6000 feet above sea level and on the east side or the rockies. Any more ideas for us, especially more southern for the Texans and Okies?

Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM

Default Chautauqua for family reunion - guidance

I am planning a late June family reunion in Colorado. Based upon the suggestion from a poster I am investigating having it in Boulder at the Chautauqua. The columbine lodge is available currently. Any one stayed there, and if so what experience did you have? We are also considering a large home (which is 10 Bedrooms and will sleep up to 24 which will accommodate us) at a much higher price near Keystone and another near Steamboat springs. Looking for guidance and thoughts on my options. The cost per bedroom in the large homes is over twice the cost of Chautauqua. We are going to visit with each other and to enjoy the cooler weather than in Tx, OK and Ga where most are living. We dont need a lot of entertainment outside the family time but it is nice to have options for those antsy. Thoughts?

I was looking on specific feedback on Chautauqua on this thread now that Ive landed on it as the case to beat location.

Last edited by Johnhw2; 03-14-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado