U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 09:23 PM

2,767 posts, read 3,455,224 times

Advertisements

ts021 last visited here 4 days after original post, 3 years ago. So unlikely to offer feedback and questionable whether she came out to CO.

Although using an old thread was worth a try, you may want to give more of a introductory post about you and what you are looking for to draw feedback from others. Specifics and followup posts with answers to relevant questions you receive tend to draw help. Or check more old similar threads. If you are considering one of the biggest cities, you can also try a post in that sub-forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 05:29 PM

45 posts, read 26,563 times
You sound exactly like me! Also a fellow New Englander looking for a change. Did you end up moving?? I have NO idea where to move to!

Old 06-09-2016, 09:03 AM

865 posts, read 399,375 times
I don't want to slight the rest of the state that I haven't lived in. But, for a young professional looking to get a start somewhere, Boulder is a pretty good choice. If you don't mind living in a very liberal area it is awesome.

Compared to just about anywhere else in the country, this is very safe city. It is about the perfect size at 100,000 residents. There are a lot of high-paying software engineering jobs here. All that money brings in other opportunities. The economy is fairly diverse. A recent education grad should be able to find something here.

Your rent budget may require some readjustment though. The cheapest rental I could find since moving here in 2012 was $950 + about $100 monthly in utilities. I've lived in 5 places since then and a more realistic budget would be close to $1000, which is the lower-end of the rental market here for 1 bedroom or studio. Newer construction apartments will be over $1200 for sure.

The best way I've found to move to a new area is to get a short term sublet of 3-6 months, and try to get yourself set up with a job in that time. Even though salaries seem low compared to the cost of living here, you can make it by being frugal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or