U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:12 PM

6,154 posts, read 9,443,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I have heard of Walden but did not know much about it so I looked it up in wiki. I was surprised to find it is the only incorporated town in the county and it's so small. I would think that for someone to live there they would have to like living in isolation. I could never do it as I like citties but I respect the people who like that kind of lifestyle.
Silverton makes Walden look accessible and metropolitan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 05:04 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,351,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Silverton makes Walden look accessible and metropolitan.
Interesting. I suppose there is always a city that is more cosmopolitan and there is always a town that is more isolated. Unless you happen to live in the most cosmopolitan or most isolated town on the planet. Even then I would imagine its a topic that would be up to debate depending on the persons view.

Last edited by Josseppie; 03-09-2012 at 05:14 PM..

Old 03-10-2012, 06:23 PM

9,816 posts, read 19,021,080 times
So my dad had the idea years ago of retiring there, so brought my mom out there to see it and her reaction was so bad, she had a mental breakdown. No kidding.

It's isolated and more isolated and harsh than any place in Iowa or Illinois that is for sure. Not only is it isolated but there is really nothing much in Walden and for hours around. Laramie is realistically 1.5 hours away assuming the weather cooperates and Laramie is no great metropolis. Ft Collins is a rough drive.

Also there are places along the edges of North Park that are REALLY isolated, down dirt roads far away from anywhere, so just getting to Walden is going to be a pain.

There are also law enforcement and health issues as well in that many of these places are so far out, you are on your own. So something to think about.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:49 AM

2,755 posts, read 11,514,509 times
Laramie is much easier to get to than Fort Collins from Walden, especially in winter. In fact, in winter one will often be forced to go VIA Laramie to reach Fort Collins from Walden.

North Park is virtually a part of Wyoming, in that the most accessible way out is mostly to the north. From a casual observer the town reminds me a lot of Wyoming.

It may be just what you're looking for, but personally I would find it a bit isolated. In fact, there's many places *in* Wyoming I would far prefer to North Park. But then again I am used to Colorado's Front Range, so take that with a grain of salt (or several).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado