Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:49 PM

638 posts, read 2,275,434 times

Advertisements

Just curious from anyone who lives there, we are looking for a house in Castle Rock and was wondering how annoying the noise and such from trains is in the Meadows? If you look on Google Earth it looks like some of those houses are VERY close to the tracks!

Thanks!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 7,466 times
To tell you the true it seem like they never stop runniing I live a street away from moring glory there lound and you can hear there horns all time of day

Old 06-24-2007, 08:53 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,367,714 times
There is both a southbound and northbound mainline through there. It is a major corridor for Wyoming coal headed to Texas--probably 20 or more trains each way every 24 hours. The southbounds climb all the way from Denver to Palmer Lake, so the locomotives on southbound trains are pulling for all they are worth. By federal law, the engineers must whistle for any at-grade road crossings, day or night.

Oh yeah, the railroad was there about a hundred years before the houses were . . .

I've been around railroads all my life, so the noise doesn't bother me.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:30 PM

638 posts, read 2,275,434 times
Thank you both so much! Since I cant tolerate noise I guess I will avoid the area :-(. I wonder if you can hear them in Castlewood Ranch?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:40 PM

226 posts, read 1,365,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
Thank you both so much! Since I cant tolerate noise I guess I will avoid the area :-(. I wonder if you can hear them in Castlewood Ranch?
The Meadows is quite large and if you are selective as to where in the Meadows you choose you will be able to find many homes with no train noise. No chance of hearing the trains in Castlewood Ranch or Founders Village. You may also want to look at Crystal Valley Ranch.

Last edited by BenWolfe; 06-24-2007 at 11:06 PM..

Old 06-24-2007, 11:20 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,011,274 times
I occasionally hear the horns at night in Castlewood Ranch, but the noise isn't bothersome.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 10,849 times
I live in the Meadows - near the Grange. We've only been here a week and I haven't noticed the trains at all. There is a TON of construction noise though

Old 07-27-2008, 11:41 PM

5 posts, read 29,500 times
Question Castle Rock Train Noise? Make sure I don't make a huge mistake.

Interest in a home in this area (map has been centered on location):
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.032916&z=15

But, I noticed train tracks less than 2 miles away. Any experience on noise? I wouldn't care about a a few trains a week during the day, but needless to say, I'd be tweaked about 3am train rumbling or horns.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:46 AM

148 posts, read 638,939 times
Default Not a problem, really...

We're on the far western side of the perimeter of your map and the first time I noticed train noise was yesterday when I was in my car, less than 1/4 away and heading towards them. Otherwise, it hasn't been noticeable at all.

We just got here recently, but PM if you have any other questions, and hopefully I can add something useful.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:23 PM
NCN

21,661 posts, read 25,497,207 times
I don't know about Denver but I know about living near the train track. We live 1/2 mile from the track and you just get used to it. It may cause a problem if you are having trouble sleeping because of some upset.

Living near the track has been more of a blessing than a problem. We love trains and it is almost like entertainment. I love to hear the whistle and hear the rumble and you can hear the whistle and the rumble.

In the Winter when the leaves fall off the trees we can see a small portion of the track. Our son was preschool age when we moved here. Every time we would hear the train, I would have to put his coat on and take him outside so he could see the small spot. I was so happy to learn that we can see this from our living room window. Yes, it was definitely entertainment for him and us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado