U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-12-2007, 10:13 AM

18 posts, read 40,903 times

Advertisements

I am am single mom of four children. I have two in high school, one in middle school, and my youngest is in first grade. I am relocating to Colorado after I finish School in July. I had northern Colorado in mind like the Ft. Collins/Loveland area, but I am also interested in maybe the Longmont area. Does anyone have any information on the schools in the Longmont and surrounding area and jobs for Dental Assistants? I am planning a trip to Colorado in late October - any other suggestions for towns to possibliy visit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 03:51 PM

432 posts, read 1,368,966 times
I think any of these schools would be fine. Go to this website for all the sat scores in Colorado. It will give you a good idea of the schools to stay away from (http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeassess...COACT07_DS.xls). I think the schools in Loveland/Ft Collins and the surrounding smaller communities are quite good. As far as dental hygenist, my dentist says it is hard to find and keep good ones. To me that means that there is a demand for them, especially if you are good. I think you will like the Fort Collins/Loveland area.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,166,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntgrl View Post
I am am single mom of four children. I have two in high school, one in middle school, and my youngest is in first grade. I am relocating to Colorado after I finish School in July. I had northern Colorado in mind like the Ft. Collins/Loveland area, but I am also interested in maybe the Longmont area. Does anyone have any information on the schools in the Longmont and surrounding area and jobs for Dental Assistants? I am planning a trip to Colorado in late October - any other suggestions for towns to possibliy visit?
Two huge, big time health facilities being built in northern Colorado Springs.

For your sake, consider checking this out:

Mega Huge Hospital and Medical Offices: Woodmen and Powers (Open in six months or so??)

Huge Hospital and Medical Offices: Briargate Parkway and Union (Open now)
Lots of medical offices.

Academy District 20 schools - excellent.

Homes within 5-15 minutes $200K-$500K

Listen woman: Check these out.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:08 AM

10 posts, read 24,598 times
Default Schools

Another great place to get information on schools is greatschools.net. When you have a place that you are interested, you can go there and pull up the schools in that area by zip code. They rate the school, and also have parent reviews. Great site!

Terri

Old 09-13-2007, 11:22 PM

Thanks for all your input! It is greatly appreciated! I will check out the school sites.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:13 AM

Default I'm headed to Colorado this weekend!

Well, I'm headed to Colorado this weekend to check out the area! I only have two days there so I am staying in the northern part for this trip. I think I'm going to check out Ft.Collins, Loveland, and Longmont areas - also some of the smaller towns in between. Does anyone know which of these cities is more affordable for rental homes and also better paying jobs and availibiity?

Old 09-19-2007, 09:02 PM

432 posts, read 1,368,966 times
I think all three areas are about the same for rent. As far as jobs go Fort Collins is the biggest city out of the three so there are probably a few more jobs there. I think you could find what you are looking for in Loveland also. Good luck and have a great trip out here. Weather should be nice for your trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado