U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 AM

601 posts, read 839,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
How I wish for a soaking rain deluge for the whole area.
Amen to that. There have been way too many dry thunderstorms with lots of lightning.
Does anyone know if there's a # to call to report pinheads who throw cig butts out of cars? Can we call *CSP to report the license #?
I was talking with some friends last night and several have seen butts tossed out car windows. Unbelievable that people could be so unaware and stupid!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:44 AM

7,755 posts, read 16,457,602 times
^^^^^^"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein

Old 06-30-2012, 09:42 AM

8,317 posts, read 25,107,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
Amen to that. There have been way too many dry thunderstorms with lots of lightning.
Does anyone know if there's a # to call to report pinheads who throw cig butts out of cars? Can we call *CSP to report the license #?
I was talking with some friends last night and several have seen butts tossed out car windows. Unbelievable that people could be so unaware and stupid!
Yes, *CSP connects you to closest CSP/Sheriff/Police/Fire/EMS dispatcher to the tower you are hitting with your cell phone. Be prepared to answer the question: "If we stop/detain this individual will you be willing to sign a complaint and potentially appear as a witness in court?"

I've phoned in to report some real idiots on several occasions. In at least two cases, I actually saw the people pulled over. I didn't have to sign a complaint because the idiots were still "acting out" when they passed the CSP officer that was sent to intercept them. The top one was the idiot coasting down a mountain pass, lying on his back, on a skateboard in the traffic lane of a US Highway!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:44 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,392,476 times
My brother lives in Colorado Springs...fortunately, he and his house were safe from the wildfires. Received this video from him this morning. Pretty amazing...

5 Day Timelapse - Waldo Canyon Fire - June 23rd-28th - YouTube

Old 06-30-2012, 09:49 AM

While it is still brutally dry with no rain in my area, morning relatively humidity levels have crept up some in the last few mornings. That is an indication that at least a little monsoonal moisture is starting to make its way northward. Unfortunately, it has only been enough so far to fire off some high-based thunderstorms. Temperatures are still 10-15 degrees above normal, as well, both day and night.

Old 06-30-2012, 10:49 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,022,687 times
Amazing video indeed, thank him for that.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Unremarked on this thread is the fact that there are now at least 2 very large fires burning in Wyoming. This is significant for two reasons. First, it indicates that the unseasonably hot and dry summer weather pattern has moved farther north. This is ominous for the northern Rockies, as June is typically their wettest warm season month, and normally fire danger would be low to moderate at this time. Second, and significant for Colorado, it means that firefighting resources are going to be stretched even thinner as the summer wears on. It was noted on Inciweb that the Pine Ridge fire near Grand Junction is being fought by air tankers and a cadre of firefighters on loan from the Canadian government. That the supposedly most powerful government on the planet is now having to borrow firefighting resources and personnel from another country is a pretty sad commentary on us, but it shows both how fire-prone our forests have become and how thinly stretched the funds available for proper forest management in this country have become.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:13 PM

10,544 posts, read 11,642,242 times
Mesa County has joined in a complete burn ban. No campfires, no fireworks, no outdoor smoking.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM

16,178 posts, read 20,188,186 times
Jazzlover is right. On KKCO11News last night, they interviewed several Canadians from Saskatchewan who just arrived to help fight the Pine Ridge fire.

If I recall 2002 was the same situation for fires occurring in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana and those happened around late July and August.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 PM

20,310 posts, read 37,810,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Gag me with a spoon..... with all this talk about people shouldn't live where they want to because there might be a fire. What CRAP..... read the rest of my rant by clicking on the pointer....
As I pointed out in my rant, trouble is anywhere and everywhere, no matter where 310,000,000 "idiots" choose to live. This weekend, the DC area is dealing with T-Storms that have killed at least 5 "idiots" who chose to live in the DC area, and have left 1.3M "idiots" without power in 100F weather and HIGH humidity. Story here. Damned "idiots."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or