U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 03:27 PM

9,810 posts, read 17,930,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Know what? I'm pretty darned careful about how I occupy this landscape and how I use it--more so than most people. Funny, too, how you seem to want us all to adhere to your version of what the right or wrong things are to do here, when you no longer live here yourself. I consider that a little bit hypocritical.

I could spend another 4 or 5 paragraphs debunking a bunch of stuff you have posted in this thread that is simply not factual, but this thing has veered far enough off course as it is. I'm through with this one--it's an exercise in futility to argue with people about things about which they know a lot less about than I do.
So who is to say other people don't care or have concerns either? It just might be a lot of those people that own 2nd homes or build their primary residence in the Rockies, just might actually care about the land they own and invest money and time into keeping it at a higher standard. You assume you are the one and only who knows it all and can dictate what others do and that you are the ultimate all caring, all seeing, all knowing individual. There just might be people out there that care more, see more and know more than you do.

In addition, what's it your business where I live, what I do or what my business is in Colorado? You make assumptions and you don't know what you are talking about.

Narcissism illustrated:

"it's an exercise in futility to argue with people about things about which they know a lot less about than I do"

It just might be others do know more than you Jazz.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 03:38 PM

9,810 posts, read 17,930,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
md, thanks for highlighting some of the issues, but we've down this dead end road with Jazz for years, he's simply intransigent in his dislike of the changes he's seen here in 50+ years. Though I understand that he and others pine for the good old days, change happens; I also pine for some long gone aspects. But it's the usual glass half full, glass half empty choice.
You can reminisce about the past, but you can't go back to the "good ole days".

There is much I miss about the Colorado from my youth, but you can't go back and I am not sure I would want to anyways.

And what is interesting to me is what has NOT changed. Colorado is still a very wild state. Yes the Front Range has grown, yes some of the mountain towns grew, but most of the state is still very empty. In fact many mountain regions had more population in the 1860's to 1900's than they do now.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:45 PM

7,725 posts, read 15,604,834 times
wanneroo wrote:
....but you can't go back and I am not sure I would want to anyways.
If given a choice to go back, by someone who had the power to make it happen, I'd go back, but only if I would maintain the memory of everything that transpired between now and the time I went back to.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:51 PM

19,399 posts, read 35,270,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
And an engineer would say we need a bigger glass.
I know that joke....an engineer would tell us we have the wrong-sized glass.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 AM

16,444 posts, read 17,174,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I know that joke....an engineer would tell us we have the wrong-sized glass.
I say it doesn't matter whether it's half-full or half-empty, we need to empty it!

Old 04-25-2012, 04:25 AM

7 posts, read 15,332 times
Wow, I saw 5 pages so I figured I had a lot of outgoing people offering advice! Well I decided I am going to find out where jazz lives and buy all the property around him and build a house on every piece in a location that he can see it from his house.

I was looking for more of an investment. I recently paid off all of my school loans and will have money spend. I saw low prices on some property in a great place with great people (most of them). I figure the housing market, although it may go down in the near future it has to rise eventually. My intention would be to buy some land now, sit it on it for a while until I find time way down the road to either build or sell. If I build, it would be a great place to visit and possibly live after retirement. The risk is low ($10-15k), and the possibly of reward seems pretty high.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:45 AM

14,132 posts, read 24,619,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfeeney View Post
I saw low prices on some property in a great place with great people (most of them).
Where?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:24 AM

18,717 posts, read 24,262,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt00 View Post
a vacation area is a prime spot for thieves and vandals
Also squatters (and sometimes this means druggies, which can be an extra problem). Not trying to discourage you because I've also heard some happy outcomes from people who've bought property for vacation homes. Just be sure you do your homework.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 AM

7 posts, read 15,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Where?
Colorado Land for sale, Colorado acreages for sale, Colorado lots for sale at LandWatch.com

Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 AM

3,764 posts, read 6,706,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfeeney View Post
Wow, I saw 5 pages so I figured I had a lot of outgoing people offering advice! Well I decided I am going to find out where jazz lives and buy all the property around him and build a house on every piece in a location that he can see it from his house.

I was looking for more of an investment. I recently paid off all of my school loans and will have money spend. I saw low prices on some property in a great place with great people (most of them). I figure the housing market, although it may go down in the near future it has to rise eventually. My intention would be to buy some land now, sit it on it for a while until I find time way down the road to either build or sell. If I build, it would be a great place to visit and possibly live after retirement. The risk is low ($10-15k), and the possibly of reward seems pretty high.
My advise would be to go visit that $10K-$15K land. That's a lot of money to throw away if the land is useless.

So come visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado