U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:21 PM

3,296 posts, read 7,706,335 times

Advertisements

Snikt, beautiful pictures! While I've yet to see an autumn in the east (my husband is originally from PA too), I sure do miss the spectacular color display of aspens in Colorado. I've been pretty unimpressed here in Oregon. The fall in Colorado is my favorite time of year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:31 AM

7,725 posts, read 15,595,412 times
delta07 wrote:
The fall in Colorado is my favorite time of year!
Fall is my favorite season everywhere I've ever lived.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
delta07 wrote:
It used to be mine too, until I moved to Central Oregon. Now, I savor summer, as it's so short. I try to appreciate it while it lasts!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 AM

As you know delta, from having lived in Grand Junction, summer is a pretty long season over here. When it comes, the cooler weather is quite welcome....but I do dread the coming of the long cold winter. Grand Junction is a place of extremes...long hot summers with long cold winters and a few weeks of spring and fall thrown into the mix between the extremes. I might add that spring has been quite pleasant and it started quite early this year. The big summer heat can wait, or better yet...just skip the big heat for the next few years.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
As you know delta, from having lived in Grand Junction, summer is a pretty long season over here. When it comes, the cooler weather is quite welcome....but I do dread the coming of the long cold winter. Grand Junction is a place of extremes...long hot summers with long cold winters and a few weeks of spring and fall thrown into the mix between the extremes. I might add that spring has been quite pleasant and it started quite early this year. The big summer heat can wait, or better yet...just skip the big heat for the next few years.
Oh yes, I remember the long, hot summer there! In fact, I quite miss it. Never thought I would say that, but I guess I never say never. I actually didn't find GJ winters to be long or cold though. There were a few weeks of bitter temps, and usually it was when the inversion layer hit the valley, but other than that, the sun kept things pretty warm. Of course, when I moved to Grand Junction it was from Fairplay, CO, where winter is truly long and cold. I remember moving down to GJ in April and thinking I was going to die! It was already 80 degrees and it was still in the 30s and 40s up in the high country. My husband didn't want to turn on the swamp cooler yet either, but I had to. I couldn't bear the heat, haha! How things have changed. I'm ready for the warmth now. Only in the 50s here in Central Oregon yesterday. I'm freezing!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:50 AM

In Grand Junction, we've already experienced 11 days so far this year with high temps of 80 or above. The high hit 89 on two ocassions, but no 90s....yet.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:49 AM

81,324 posts, read 90,834,944 times
Quote:
delta07 wrote:
Mine, too. Even in Champaign, IL with the corn and soybeans turning brown, it meant cooler weather. That Champaign summer is brutal.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 PM

833 posts, read 1,278,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Mine, too. Even in Champaign, IL with the corn and soybeans turning brown, it meant cooler weather. That Champaign summer is brutal.
My family is from a small town 20 miles from Champaign and I used to go there in the summer to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles and dozens of cousins.

I'd walk beans to make some money and could not believe how miserable the weather was; no sun, it was hidden behind the haze, the humidity was unbelievable given what I was used to in Denver and the smell from the lagoon, well... let's just say if you haven't been on a pig farm, you have no idea what you are missing.

All of that said, I have some great memories from there (lightening bugs!) and wish I could get back a little more often... just not in the middle of summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado