U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:56 PM

10 posts, read 13,761 times

Advertisements

Hello, this is my first post!
I just moved from Denver to Pueblo. I really like the small town atmosphere down here compared to Denver, but it doesn't quite have the variety of restaurants that I've gotten used to in the big city. I was wondering if any body knows of any Greek or Middle Eastern style restaurants in Pueblo? I guess there used to be a place called "Gyro City", but it has appearantly closed down. Please help, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:59 PM

8,974 posts, read 14,564,509 times
I just did some searching on Yelp and the closest place seems to be in CO Springs.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Yeah I've tried a few of those searches, I got the same results. Thanks though.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:59 PM

11,842 posts, read 18,864,610 times
Let me say welcome to Pueblo!

There is a Indian food resturant in downtown on Victoria street. There use to be a Greek resturant on Main but I'm not sure if it's still open. I will check tomorrow. If u like gyro's Magpies has one that is good. They are located on Union Ave in downtown. I will do some more thinking and post more tomorrow.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM

Indian food and gyros are a definitely a good start, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2012, 05:07 PM

The Greek place I know about is closed. To be honest it was not very good anyway. I do know of other restaurants you might like:

1521 is a French restaurant. It is on Main street. The chef/ owner won the Iron Chef contest a few years ago. It is my favorite restaurant in Pueblo.

Rio Bistro is good as well. It is on Union Ave.

La Renaissance. It is a great French restaurant located by Central High School in a old historic church built in the late 1800's. They do a 4 course meal.

DC's on B Street. It is across from the depot in downtown. Very good.

There is a new steak restaurant that looks to be a bistro opened on Union Ave. I have yet to go but I might go tomorrow night.

Pueblo has a lot of Chinese restaurants. I really like Pueblo Dragon on Pueblo Blvd and Northern. I would not eat there but for take out its great. For dine in I like the Chinese restaurant on Northern by Wendys. It is called Tian Jian.

La Tronicas is a nice family owned Italian restaurant. Been around since 1943. It is in Bessemer.

The Marriott has a new one but I have not been yet. Well I have been there for Sunday Brunch as they have them on certain holidays like Mothers day and I think it is very good.

DJ's Steak house is on North Elizabeth and if you like exotic meats like elk, quail, buffalo etc. it is very good.

The Hanger is a hole in the wall restaurant just north of downtown and can be seen from the interstate. You have to go on weekends but it is very good and has the best prime rib in Pueblo. I personally like the steak Dianne. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Passkey is another hole in the wall but has great sausage sandwiches. They have two locations. One on Abriendo and one off Highway 50 west.

Not sure if you have had a slopper yet but the three places I would recommend to get them are: Sunset Inn on Prairie, Coors Tavern on 4th street (both shown in food wars and Sunset Inn won) and the 2 and 9 on Elizabeth.

This is just a few of the restaurants I know of in Pueblo. I know they are not what you asked for but if I am on the right track and you want to know more I can give you a lot more as Pueblo has a lot of great restaurants for a town of our size and is a top 10 food and culture city.

FYI the Wild Wild West Fest is coming up in two weeks and is a lot of fun. I will be there and post pictures in the thread about it on city data. They have great food and the PBR event is fun and on national television.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:41 PM

319 posts, read 579,349 times
Hey J, since you just took a great leap beyond the Greek/Middle Eastern genre....

No Love for Puukaow Thai Restaurant in Pueblo West by the Safeway?

Check out these reviews on Urban Spoon.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:06 PM

I have heard great things about it. I live in the city and while this is no excuse I always forget about the restaurants in Pueblo West. I really do want to try it and now will go this month.....

Old 05-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Wow, sounds like I've got a lot of eating to do!

Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 PM

2,139 posts, read 5,189,682 times
Heh, a slopper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado