U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,017,345 times
Reputation: 6895

Advertisements

In light of his recent behavior, what should be done with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,842 posts, read 18,860,624 times
Reputation: 3960
I think he is a good guy who was promoted to city manager and should never have been. He was excellent as the city planning director and I had talked to him a lot about the proposed Pueblo Springs Ranch. However he is not up to the task as city manager and let the power get the best of him. Now that they have put him back as city planning director I think it will be better for him and the city of Pueblo.

I think the bigger issue here is why does Pueblo not have a strong mayor like Denver and Colorado Springs. As it stands now the city manager is only accountable to the city council and not the residents of Pueblo. A few years ago there was a push to get a strong mayor form of government in Pueblo and the people behind it did a bad job of promoting it and the powers that be in Pueblo were against it since it would take away some of the power from the city council. In light of what has happened I think its time to bring the issue back and really make a push for it either this election or the next and give Pueblo a strong mayor who would be held accountable to the residents of Pueblo and give Pueblo a single strong voice like Denver and Colorado Springs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,017,345 times
Reputation: 6895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I think he is a good guy who was promoted to city manager and should never have been. He was excellent as the city planning director and I had talked to him a lot about the proposed Pueblo Springs Ranch. However he is not up to the task as city manager and let the power get the best of him. Now that they have put him back as city planning director I think it will be better for him and the city of Pueblo.

I think the bigger issue here is why does Pueblo not have a strong mayor like Denver and Colorado Springs. As it stands now the city manager is only accountable to the city council and not the residents of Pueblo. A few years ago there was a push to get a strong mayor form of government in Pueblo and the people behind it did a bad job of promoting it and the powers that be in Pueblo were against it since it would take away some of the power from the city council. In light of what has happened I think its time to bring the issue back and really make a push for it either this election or the next and give Pueblo a strong mayor who would be held accountable to the residents of Pueblo and give Pueblo a single strong voice like Denver and Colorado Springs.
I agree that we need a mayor. Perhaps this situation can act as a catalyst to make that happen.

More specific, he should have to obey the law. If you or I were involved in a hit and run accident, at the very least we would have been ticketed. He got nothing.

It's his questionable behavior and poor choices that I have an issue with. His personal life affects his professional life and in turn, that affects Pueblo. We don't need that.

Just because we're a small town doesn't mean we have to act like one.

As for Pueblo Springs Ranch, don't get me started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,842 posts, read 18,860,624 times
Reputation: 3960
I get what you are saying but the favorable treatment he did or did not get has nothing to do with Pueblo's size as it happens in the nations largest cities too, have you heard the term Chicago Politics? Maybe its not right but its a fact of life that people who know people can use that to their benefit when they need to. Honestly it does not bother me. I agree Pueblo needs a strong mayor.

As far as Pueblo Springs Ranch. I am for it as long as when/ if they develop it they follow their own codes and develop a tech park that would be the states largest. Pueblo needs more jobs and this development has the potential to bring many to our region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,017,345 times
Reputation: 6895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I get what you are saying but the favorable treatment he did or did not get has nothing to do with Pueblo's size as it happens in the nations largest cities too, have you heard the term Chicago Politics? Maybe its not right but its a fact of life that people who know people can use that to their benefit when they need to. Honestly it does not bother me. I agree Pueblo needs a strong mayor.

As far as Pueblo Springs Ranch. I am for it as long as when/ if they develop it they follow their own codes and develop a tech park that would be the states largest. Pueblo needs more jobs and this development has the potential to bring many to our region.
I'm very familiar with "Chicago politics", I lived there for a number of years prior to moving here. If we don't change course, we're going to be just as bad.

Pueblo Springs Ranch, yes, we need the money but do we really need all the problems that this proposed development will cause? I live out here on the Pace Ranch, the Pueblo Springs Ranch butts right up against us to the north, the Barr ranch is to our south. It's all farm land. Where are the roads for this going to go? Straight thru our fields.

Yes, I know, the needs of the many.............

Small comfort when your entire way of life is about to be disrupted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
 
258 posts, read 517,102 times
Reputation: 414
This was long overdue for Pacheco. It may not sound politically correct, but I believe a big part of the reason why Pacheco was put into that position was because of his last name. He didn't do a very good job while he was in office, and should have been forced to resign when all of the issues with him having an affair with his secretary and hiring her family members came to be known...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,017,345 times
Reputation: 6895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
This was long overdue for Pacheco. It may not sound politically correct, but I believe a big part of the reason why Pacheco was put into that position was because of his last name. He didn't do a very good job while he was in office, and should have been forced to resign when all of the issues with him having an affair with his secretary and hiring her family members came to be known...
We all have personal issues, no way around it.

Not all of us live our lives in the public eye, screw up so badly and in essence, get rewarded for it.

He may be a good guy, i've never met him. I have to base my opinions on his public persona. I'm not impressed. He doesn't seem to take any of this seriously. He does as he pleases and doesn't seem to care about how his behavior reflects on this town or it's residents. He has a sense of entitlement and we allow him to run with it.

This is not the example that we need to hold up in front of our children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
11,842 posts, read 18,860,624 times
Reputation: 3960
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I'm very familiar with "Chicago politics", I lived there for a number of years prior to moving here. If we don't change course, we're going to be just as bad.
I don't think Pueblo politics could ever get as bad as Chicago politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Pueblo Springs Ranch, yes, we need the money but do we really need all the problems that this proposed development will cause? I live out here on the Pace Ranch, the Pueblo Springs Ranch butts right up against us to the north, the Barr ranch is to our south. It's all farm land. Where are the roads for this going to go? Straight thru our fields.

Yes, I know, the needs of the many.............

Small comfort when your entire way of life is about to be disrupted.
I understand and can sympathize with you, however, you happen to live in the growth corridor of Pueblo county (along interstate 25 between Pueblo and Colorado Springs) and its only a matter of time before it gets developed. The only question is when not if and the reason it has not already happened was the economic collapse of the 80's set Pueblo's economic efforts back 20 years otherwise developments like Pueblo Springs Ranch would of already happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
 
19,391 posts, read 35,240,986 times
Reputation: 16360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Bound View Post
This was long overdue for Pacheco. It may not sound politically correct, but I believe a big part of the reason why Pacheco was put into that position was because of his last name. He didn't do a very good job while he was in office, and should have been forced to resign when all of the issues with him having an affair with his secretary and hiring her family members came to be known...
If this is true, he is UNFIT for any public office. Period.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:59 PM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,017,345 times
Reputation: 6895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I don't think Pueblo politics could ever get as bad as Chicago politics.



I understand and can sympathize with you, however, you happen to live in the growth corridor of Pueblo county (along interstate 25 between Pueblo and Colorado Springs) and its only a matter of time before it gets developed. The only question is when not if and the reason it has not already happened was the economic collapse of the 80's set Pueblo's economic efforts back 20 years otherwise developments like Pueblo Springs Ranch would of already happened.
Lol. Maybe not, but we seem to be trying awfully hard to emulate Chicago.

As for PSR, let's just agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top