U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
buz buz started this thread

1 posts, read 4,957 times

Advertisements

my 29 yo son may be moving to Telluride in mid October for 1-2yrs. Any leads on apartments or houses for rent? Max rent $1000mo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2006, 07:22 AM

827 posts, read 4,545,527 times
Man o man, Telluride is the wrong place to pay $1,000 a month rent. It isn't uncommon for places to run $1,000 a night! It will be very hard to find something that cheap there. I will post a Private Message on a site you might check out to help. Honestly, Telluride is a rich man or woman's paradise. You need serious money to live there. The cheaper cities to live in that area of Colorado would be Cortez to the south and Grand Junction to the north.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 PM

6 posts, read 35,786 times
How about Silverthorne? My daughter might take a job offer there.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:34 PM

827 posts, read 4,545,527 times
Madeline, Silverthorne is over near Breckenridge and Loveland Ski Resorts. I am not familiar with the Silverthorne area but would be more of 2binDenver or Mike From Back East's territory so they may know more about Silverthorne, but I can say it is very pretty up there with awesome powder for skiing. It does get a lot of snow up in there so I would recommend a 4x4. Good Luck on your search!

Old 09-27-2006, 01:19 PM

45 posts, read 317,799 times
YOur son should check out rentals in Ridgeway or Ouray. Usually, if he rents for a 3 month or longer lease, he can barter the price down. I have seen weekly rentals of $1100/week, but the same place rent for $850/mo for 3+months. In these areas your best bet would be to look up a real-estate company that handles rentals. Most places with condos have long-term rentals, it's just a matter of asking. PM me and I can hook you up with a couple that will be renting there condo in Dillon (they are moving to Denver), however, I'm not sure if they are doing weekly or long term.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:28 AM

2 posts, read 7,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concoulor3 View Post
YOur son should check out rentals in Ridgeway or Ouray. Usually, if he rents for a 3 month or longer lease, he can barter the price down. I have seen weekly rentals of $1100/week, but the same place rent for $850/mo for 3+months. In these areas your best bet would be to look up a real-estate company that handles rentals. Most places with condos have long-term rentals, it's just a matter of asking. PM me and I can hook you up with a couple that will be renting there condo in Dillon (they are moving to Denver), however, I'm not sure if they are doing weekly or long term.

Hi, I am new to this whole forum thing, but I was researching the Telluride area and came across your post. My husband was offered a job in Dillon yesterday and we are looking at renting there. If you have any info about the couple renting there condo out. Can you let me know. Thanks soopermom22@aol.com

Last edited by Soopermom22; 09-24-2008 at 11:41 AM..

Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM

63 posts, read 305,941 times
Default Buz..

Like posted above ... Ridgeway might be the best deal for a rental ..also Colona may have some house and room rentals.

HM

Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM

3 posts, read 15,963 times
Default castle rock

We are relocating to Co. and want to live close to Denver to be close to the grandkids but in a small town but not at 9,000 ft. altitude like Brenckenridge and my husband is looking for apt. maintenance work or maintenance in a resort. Is Castle Rock a good area?

Old 07-22-2010, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,831 times
There are tons of options for young people to live in Telluride for less than $1000/month. Check Craigslist.org and the Daily Planet Classified section for rooms for rent and shares available. Roommates wanted etc... Or they could work for Telski and live like a college kid at Big Billy's. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado