Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,502 times

Advertisements

I will be in a traveling position where I need to travel to Colorado Springs, Lone Tree, Brighton, Northfield Stapleton and flying out of DIA. I'm only familiar with the Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch area. I'm looking for an area that is safe, quiet, gives that out of the city feeling and very dog friendly. I have a small dog that is everything to me and it's important he has a place run around on grass. I'm not sure yet what my income will be for an apt but from what I'm finding, most nice apartments start around $1000 and finding a small home for that price is impossible. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Ideally, I'm looking for a small house/cottage with a fenced yard that is close to E470, and I25. I'm starting to think that's not possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:50 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
$1000 a month is not going to rent you much house within a few miles of the tech center.

How often do you have to go to each location, and how often do you have to fly out?

How is your transportation?

when you say out of town feeling, exactly what does that mean to you, are you talking out in the suburbs, or actually out of town?

Outside of a yard is their anything important for you to have access too?

Without some more information it will be next to impossible to point you into an area where you will be comfortable that you can afford.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 PM

I have to make monthly visits to each store. I believe I will have to fly out at least twice a month. I do have my own transportation. The out of town feeling for me is quiet, not a lot of road noise, peaceful, not downtown living but more country; grass, private, can't hear neighbors through the walls. I will be so busy driving and traveling that I want a place I can come home to and "relax", ya know??
I would prefer something with washer and dryer, decent square footage, ground level, a good grocery store. I appreciate all the help!!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Is there another person at home, or will the dog need sitting/boarding? Good on ya for taking your little bud into such account in your home. They so deserve our attention. Best wishes on your move.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 PM

It will just be me, so yes I will have to have a sitting and boarding. Do you know anyone that is trustworthy? My dog is my life.. lol I'm sure you can understand. But it would be a great job so I can't pass the opportunity.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Sorry, I'm not local, but I'm sure any relatively affluent area would have plenty of people available. Your dog is is fortunate to have you as best friend!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:42 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,689,504 times
I would consider Aurora, as it's a lower cost of living and centrally located, or easy access to freeways, for all the travel you are doing. While you probably won't find something real quiet and out-of-town, you can find something nicer for you and your pet. I grew up around Cherry Creek Reservoir, east of Parker road and there are some nice duplexes in that area. You might also be able to find a single family home. You could also search Parker or Elizabeth, but not sure about the affordability part.

If you are only going to each town on a monthly basis and flying out of DIA bi-monthly, than you might be able to expand your search a little. It just depends on how much driving you want to do.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM

213 posts, read 660,164 times
I probably sound like a broken record, but I would try Castle Rock. It is between Denver and Colorado Springs. Very friendly town , from what I have experienced in the past pet friendly also. Housing is also reasonable, you can travel I25 to get to Denver or Colorado Springs and it is easy to jump on the E470! It is south of Lone Tree, has everything you would need and close enough to Denver Tech area and downtown itself so when you want some night life there you are !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado