Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:57 PM

226 posts, read 1,216,415 times

Advertisements

people tend to jump down my throat whenever i say anything negative about colorado or denver. or they'll say something condescending like, "well... you're entitled to your opinion." i know i am entitled to my opinion. that's why i gave it.

the threads that bother me are the ones with blatant racism/bigotry (like the guy who ranted about mexicans the other day... or the guy who didn't want to move somewhere where he would have to see any "guy-on-guy action").

Old 09-27-2007, 07:27 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .gif View Post
or the guy who didn't want to move somewhere where he would have to see any "guy-on-guy action").
Yeah, that was the post I responded to when the thread starting going downhill. I didn't think I was rude, but I was frustrated that the Evergreen/Boulder thread had begun infecting other discussions, and I made my annoyance more than clear. Unfortunately, things deteriorated from there. At this point, I wish I had just ignored it, but as the sister to a gay man, I have a hard time tolerating blatant homophobia.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:30 PM

447 posts, read 1,600,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canontiger View Post
It's not CRAP! It is pride. I don't know if we "Natives" overdo our pride. I am a Native but my parents were not and they were just as proud of Colorado as I am but they loved their home state too.Certainly nothing wrong with that. Maybe it is the changes we see more readily and dislike. And right or wrong we do blame a lot of it on people coming from some other states that rub us wrong. Especially when they try to tell us how behind times we are etc etc etc. Certainly not all people from those states because they came here to get away from that type of thinking or living in the first place. I find that there are some other states that feel just as we do and quit truthfully we are interchangeable. Maybe not in terrain but in the way we do things and believe. Now if we go to your state to live and continue to tell you how much better it is in Co. and you should change your state. What would be your reaction?
Go ahead SC is BEYOND repair.........but seriously, I'm moving to colorado next year......Like it or not NATIVES.......I WILL BE THERE

Old 09-27-2007, 08:49 PM

638 posts, read 2,274,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Yeah, that was the post I responded to when the thread starting going downhill. I didn't think I was rude, but I was frustrated that the Evergreen/Boulder thread had begun infecting other discussions, and I made my annoyance more than clear. Unfortunately, things deteriorated from there. At this point, I wish I had just ignored it, but as the sister to a gay man, I have a hard time tolerating blatant homophobia.
That thread is perfectly chilling IMO. My skin crawled as I read through it, and I posted a snot-nosed response. I wont apologize for it though.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,559,889 times
Guys, hate to disillusion you, but you have a pretty nice forum here. Of course, the Albuquerque forum has you beat for niceness, but you're a close second You want a train wreck? Go post on some of the Florida forums

Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 PM

638 posts, read 2,274,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Guys, hate to disillusion you, but you have a pretty nice forum here. Of course, the Albuquerque forum has you beat for niceness, but you're a close second You want a train wreck? Go post on some of the Florida forums
Maybe I will pop over to FL for some perspective. I visited Seattle's forum once and could not believe these guys going at it, it was super vicious.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 PM

170 posts, read 759,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I haven't checked out other states' forums....but did you check out the one under Colorado entitled Move to Colorado(by theriles10).

It was getting pretty feisty...I threw in some quotes from JFK and MLK to try to soften things a bit. I'm curious to check out Florida's forum since you mentioned it.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,008,849 times
I think we moved beyond feisty, Minz.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:43 PM

22 posts, read 87,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breaksraver13 View Post
Go ahead SC is BEYOND repair.........but seriously, I'm moving to colorado next year......Like it or not NATIVES.......I WILL BE THERE
And you will find us natives and non-native Coloradans will welcome you and be friendly if you are. Just leave the baggage in NC.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 PM

13 posts, read 33,208 times
I will jump into this thread a bit late, but why not say something if I can? I really think (know?) the anonymity of the internet allows people to be a little more vicious than they would be real life conversations and sometimes, even in private messages. Not to mention that I've seen some of the most "vocal" and vicious people aren't even old enough to drink in a bar yet...

I usually read things as funny or sarcastic, so I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, assuming they weren't trying to sound like an ass. Plus, I've been to CO a few times and the people have always been great there - hence the reason my wife and I plan to relocate there after I get done with PA school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado