U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM

7,047 posts, read 15,990,548 times

Advertisements

Cherry Creek Lake (Reservior) is about 10 miles from our house in south Parker and Chatfield is around 15 miles west of us. Chatfield can be more popular than Cherry Creek because it is somewhat bigger. This year, 2006, we put our fishing/ski boat on Chatfield on April 22. The water was cold and we wore light jackets while "whizzing" across the lake, but it sure was fun. We plan on going back on Chatfield this coming weekend (9/30 and/or 10/1) because the daytime temp will be in the high 70's into 80 degrees. Both Cherry Creek and Chatfield are in State Parks and controlled by the Colorado State Parks Dept.. The water will be fairly cold, but they told me last week that, depending on the weather, the boat ramps there won't close until mid Nov.
This last summer, the water temp at Chatfield was 78 degrees when we beached our boat for some R&R. The water was super to be in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 10:17 PM

7 posts, read 16,105 times
Hi Guys,

One thing that is important to us is a bit of community. Here in CA, in our condo community, people keep to themselves.

In Parker, when we drove around the developments, we could imagine people just keeping to themselves and just going outside to walk to dog or jog or something.

We didn't go into Parker town, which we since we saw on the web but never visited. We just drove around and looked at houses in places like Butterfield.

Any feedback on how much of a "bedroom community" Parker might be?

Would there be any difference in being in a defined town like in Ft Collins where people have a downtown to go to? Or maybe that Parker town area that we saw on the web is like Ft Collins downtown.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:07 AM

7,047 posts, read 15,990,548 times
We live in Parker, about a mile from Mainstreet which is considered the "downtown" area. Have lived here for 2 1/2 yrs. Downtown Fort Collins would definitely be considered more of a "downtown" environment than Parker is.
As far as "friendly people" in Parker go..........Parker is growing by "leaps and bounds". There is a lot of houses that have been/are being built here. It just isn't the "small town" atmosphere like it was years ago. The people here that are friendly with each other are the adults who have kids in school.

Old 10-01-2006, 10:10 AM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
Default If you're a horse lover....

....Parker is home to the Colorado Equestrian Center, a magnificent facility, with something almost every weekend, most of them for free. You can board horses there, get lessons, do dressage, jumping, etc. Just another of the really neat finer points of living in Colorado.

s/Mike

Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM

5 posts, read 51,425 times
My fiance and I are thinking about moving out to Colorado, in fact, we have our house for sale as we speak and we are planning a trip out there this spring or early summer. We will be concentrating around the Loveland, Fort Collins and maybe Denver area for the most part, but I was told that Denver is very expensive to live in. Is this true? What is the summer weather like around Denver, and the surrounding areas?

Thanks!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:07 AM

10,678 posts, read 28,495,910 times
It's all relative to what your personal experience.

Denver is the state capitol and the most populated area in Colorado. More people, more jobs, more demand for housing, more expensive housing and services.

Where are you now and how expensive is it?

Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
It's all relative to what your personal experience.

Denver is the state capitol and the most populated area in Colorado. More people, more jobs, more demand for housing, more expensive housing and services.

Where are you now and how expensive is it?
Right now we are living in Battle Creek, Michigan. Its not that expensive, and its definately not the most populated part of Michigan, but there are absolutely no jobs here. Michigan's economy is very bad. I believe that Loveland is probably a strong possibility compared to Denver. Does anyone know anything about the Oil Drilling jobs in Denver with Ensign? I saw an ad for them on the internet, and was wondering if they were still hiring. My fiance would like to get into something like that, just to get started.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:08 AM

28 posts, read 175,301 times
Ft. Collins! It's like Boulder but without the attitude (I love Boulder but it can get annoying). Parker is just more suburban sprawl & that would be a bit deadening after Santa Cruz (I lived in Monterey). Also, small towns like Layfette & Longmont can have some great areas!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountains View Post
Ft. Collins! It's like Boulder but without the attitude (I love Boulder but it can get annoying). Parker is just more suburban sprawl & that would be a bit deadening after Santa Cruz (I lived in Monterey). Also, small towns like Layfette & Longmont can have some great areas!
Fort Collins is probably where we are going to live. It's about the same distance as Battle Creek is from Lansing, so it's not too long of a drive. Now we just need to figure out which jobs are in demand out there. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2007, 10:13 PM

90 posts, read 275,821 times
Ft. C seems to have "a plan;" Parker's growth would not make the casual observer think "These people know what they're doing."

(I live in the county Parker is in; I know I'm (partly) calling-out our own Commissioners.)

- KK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or