U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,627 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some help in finding infomation needed to have a gravel drive put in on my property in the Sangre De Cristo Ranches.

I need to find out what I need to do to have a Gravel drive put in.

Do I need a permit? Who do I cantact? Does it cost for a permit?

Can you suggest Reliable Trust worthy contractors that can do the job.

What is the typical cost of having this done?

This drive will be where I park my Travel Trailer while I am deciding where to locate the Cabin to be built and where the Cistern and Septic system will be located.

Any Help will be greatly appericated.

Dan S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 10:36 PM

2,253 posts, read 5,835,868 times
Wink Offhand

Offhand I cannot offer much specific advice. You may get lucky with someone here in the know. Baring that, try local resources.

Your contractor of choice will probably hail from Alamosa, maybe Monte Vista, and almost certainly from somewhere in the San Luis Valley. Market wise, it is a small place. Maybe someone as far removed as Taos, NM, although that not all that far from Ft. Garland.

In permitting, check with county officials; they probably also know who works in the field, being possibly on a first name basis. Or just check the phone book. One thing will lead to the next.

Check references of your proposed contractor, carefully.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,747 times
Try De Priest Construction, 719-588-0471. We have used them and had great luck. They are local and VERY upfront about what then can or cannot do for you. You need to get two permits before you begin the process. You need a road access permit, which give you permission for the road/property accesses and a Minior Developement permit, which allows you to make changes to the land. You need these permits before you can do any grading or removing of trees, shrubs, etc. About $200 for each permit. You get these permits from the Costilla County offices. They can be downloaded on line from their website and sent in by fax, email, regular mail or in person. Go to the Zoning and Planning tab. Any questions, call their office - very helpful. Hope this helps.

Old 09-15-2012, 05:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,627 times
Smile New Sangre De Cristo Ranch Owner help needed

SDCResident:: Thanks for the info. Thats what I needed. I will contact them and see what I can get done. I have been watching the weather up there and seeing how nice it has been and I am longing for it again. Tired of sweating my A## off done here in Houston. I will be back up there in May of 2013 unless the world ends in december like people have been saying. Finalized all the details on my Travel trailer today and will pick it up at the end of the month. Already been working on solar panels to be able to produce electricty while I am up there. Thanks again for the information.

Dan & Sueann

Future resident of Marchmann Road.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:35 AM

1,778 posts, read 3,479,129 times
There is a blogger living on the ranch. They blog for Mother Earth McElmurray's Mountain Retreat . I read their blog a lot. They have links to business and ranch stuff. Bruce and Carol McElmurray is there name. I google them in the first place to find their blog. I bet they would have answers, because if you look at their property, they have a gravel road.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,257 times
As far a permit costs, we recently did the road permit, basically the drive way was cleared of some brush and we had to have the driveway permitted and inspected, which nothing was done where it contacts the road, but it was $200 for the permit. I hired a local to do the backhoe work and he is nice guy and does good work and is fairly affordable, but I do not know where to get the gravel, but he should, maybe the post commissary or if not in FG, maybe Alamosa for sure. Let me know an email or im and I can send you his number. Or if you can think of another way to get you the contact info. I don't like to post peoples number without permission.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:56 AM

87 posts, read 210,579 times
Debbie is incorrect. The McElmurrays do not live in the Ranches; they live in nearby Forbes Park - a completely different community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado