U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 03:39 PM

8,317 posts, read 25,095,377 times

Advertisements

Not to oversimplify, but a lot of these violent acts by young adults can be directly attributed to the same thing that leads many young people to lives of crime and violence: LOUSY PARENTING. Unfortunately, as numerous of these type of incidents show, it is the children of upper middle-class and wealthy parents that wind up committing these savage crimes. Why? Because, way too often, the parents are too busy trying to have their affluent lifestyle than they are actually rearing their kids properly or actually taking the time and effort to notice if their child has serious emotional problems. And "rearing kids properly" does not mean just throwing money at them while neglecting them in other ways. Child neglect is not just a problem with the poor, with drug addicts, and criminal parents. There is plenty of it going on in affluent neighborhoods of the "ghetto" of suburbia.

Case here in point: How the hell did a graduate student kid apparently having trouble finding a job manage to amass the money--probably close to $20K--to buy two handguns, an AR-15, a Remington shotgun, extra-capacity magazines, a pot load of ammo, full body armor, and a menagerie of bomb-making materials and explosive devices? My guess is Mommy and Daddy. So, some deranged poor kid out of "the hood" might get as far as shooting somebody with his single handgun, but the kids of Chauncey Uppercrust who go off the deep end can afford an arsenal that a lot of small-town police departments couldn't afford. Funny, that our yuppified mass news media can't figure that one out.

And, to the question of "How does kind of thing happen in Colorado?", I would note that it wasn't some drunken, high-school-educated, blue-collar Colorado redneck who has a rifle for hunting who did this horrific thing--it was a California-transplant from the land of fruits and nuts that shot 71 people, killing 12 of them, in a Colorado movie theater.

My sincerest sympathies go out to all of the victims of this heinous crime. They must live with a tragedy that no one--and and no community or state--should have to tolerate.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM

7,754 posts, read 16,450,212 times
Art20123 wrote: It seems as though there's a spirit of evil in Colorado in general. 4 shootings in just over a decade and the worst wildfire season in years. Satan is real, and he seems to be unusually active here lately.

You got that wrong! The spirit of evil is in the heart and mind of the shooter, NOT in Colorado. The shooter was a guy named James Eagan Holmes. Satan had nothing to do with it.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:48 PM

20,307 posts, read 37,790,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Art20123 wrote: It seems as though there's a spirit of evil in Colorado in general. 4 shootings in just over a decade and the worst wildfire season in years. Satan is real, and he seems to be unusually active here lately.

You got that wrong! The spirit of evil is in the heart and mind of the shooter, NOT in Colorado. The shooter was a guy named James Eagan Holmes. Satan had nothing to do with it.
Agree. Blaming this on "satan" is a cop out. The creep is mentally deranged, just like that creep who murdered 32 fine young students at VA Tech the other year.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-21-2012, 03:52 PM

3,984 posts, read 5,696,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Wrong, as most people like you usually are. I hunt with my AKM, and it's very useful for doing so.
Sounds like you're not much of a hunter then. Do you also fish by dropping a truckload of dynamite in a lake?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:04 PM

7 posts, read 7,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Agree. Blaming this on "satan" is a cop out. The creep is mentally deranged, just like that creep who murdered 32 fine young students at VA Tech the other year.
Its just like when the WTC got bombed twice and destroyed the second time. It's just like when Virginia Tech had a beheading and a cop killing on top of the horrific 2007 rampage. When lightning strikes multiple times in the same place, people wonder why. They may feel that something's wrong with the place, they may feel like the place is cursed or that God hates it. It's a flawed, but not uncommon reaction for people to have.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 PM

20,307 posts, read 37,790,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art20123 View Post
Its just like when the WTC got bombed twice and destroyed the second time. It's just like when Virginia Tech had a beheading and a cop killing on top of the horrific 2007 rampage. When lightning strikes multiple times in the same place, people wonder why. They may feel that something's wrong with the place, they may feel like the place is cursed or that God hates it. It's a flawed, but not uncommon reaction for people to have.
Definitely a FLAWED reaction; grasping for a way to explain what seems unexplainable and largely is unexplainable to people with minimal knowledge and education.

Putting tens of thousands of young people into one college town is bound to raise the level of weird happenings as some of those young people, away from the control of the parents, have few restraints on their psychological strangeness and illnesses.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:44 PM

2,533 posts, read 5,817,246 times
Listening to the reports on the local news right now; statements from the stores where the killer/creep bought his armaments - all "followed local, state, and federal laws". . .

Watching on television, trucks in a convoy leaving the killer/creep's apartment to dump the hazardous stuff someplace. . .

The killer/creep moved here from elsewhere (not a homegrown product). . .

Does it all add up to the title of the thread Colorado: shooting rampage capital of America?

I'm a Coloradan through and through. I've been personally affected by this massacre; I only have questions, I don't have answers. But, one thing I'm sure of is that neither satan nor g-d has anything to do with it.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:46 PM

7 posts, read 7,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
Listening to the reports on the local news right now; statements from the stores where the killer/creep bought his armaments - all "followed local, state, and federal laws". . .

Watching on television, trucks in a convoy leaving the killer/creep's apartment to dump the hazardous stuff someplace. . .

The killer/creep moved here from elsewhere (not a homegrown product). . .

Does it all add up to the title of the thread Colorado: shooting rampage capital of America?

I'm a Coloradan through and through. I've been personally affected by this massacre; I only have questions, I don't have answers. But, one thing I'm sure of is that neither satan nor g-d has anything to do with it.
Yes, and to be fair, Eric Harris was also a transplant from Michigan, so not all our killers are "home-grown"

Old 07-21-2012, 04:55 PM

9,816 posts, read 19,017,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcliffe View Post
Only on page 2 so far wannaroo, however this morning I saw that this wacko was in full boy armor - even a plated neck shield. Would have been a trick to take him out...........................
People have been watching too many movies. Even with bullet resistant vests, getting hit once would knock you on your rear end.

Old 07-21-2012, 04:57 PM

774 posts, read 1,340,701 times
When it comes to the "right to bear arms", it seems like there should be a difference between having ONE handgun (or having a rifle or two in a rural/farm/hunting setting) and being able to buy multiple weapons in a short period of time. Also, why should anyone (other than cops) have a gun that has the ability to fire so MANY times in a row? IF someone has a gun, it should be for a legit purpose (like someone protecting their home/farm or for hunting), not for the purpose of just having a bunch of guns (then it becomes easier for some wacko to go buy a bunch of guns unnoticed). We are not a country that can handle gun ownership very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or