U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 07:32 PM

15,231 posts, read 23,764,219 times

Advertisements

I want to know, WHO IN THIER RIGHT MIND BRINGS A BABY, TO A MOVIE AT MIDNIGHT?????????????????

Now when the kid starts crying, and he will, because of the loud movie, how were these 2 dumb retarded parents going to make the baby stop, while everyone else that paid to see the movie has to listen to a baby crying.

I think these 2 parents are retarded. A baby in a movie at midnight, give me a break.

freakin' retards.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:32 PM

16,175 posts, read 20,184,521 times
Ryanek9freak is right. You're in the five figure range if you're talking machine guns. For something like a Browning I would think 20 to 25K would be a good guess, probably more.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:38 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,098,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Ryanek9freak is right. You're in the five figure range if you're talking machine guns. For something like a Browning I would think 20 to 25K would be a good guess, probably more.

yes sir, even on the low end of the ClassIII weapons scaled, you're still gonna pay between $5000-$8000 for a cheapo Mac 11 pistol, if it's a legally transferrable NFA weapon.

There has only been ONE recorded incident in history, where someone has used a legally held NFA weapon to commit a crime, it was in the 80's, and it was a police officer off duty that shot his wife.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:56 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,098,661 times
Now, I want to show you all something, perticularly the people who think "Assault Weapons" should be banned, or they're somehow more dangerous than any other firearm. The cartridge second from the right, is a 5.56mm NATO round, this is what the AR-15 that James Holmes had, uses. Left of that, is a 7.62X39MM cartridge, the ammuntion for all those scary AK 47's.

Notice if you go further up the line, you see the .308 Winchester, one of the most common Deer hunting calibers of all time, then the 300 Win Mag, a very popular Elk cartridge in the state of Colorado. Of course there's the .50 BMG, which I will admit has no legitimate hunting purpose, unless you hunt Dinosaurs, but is very fun to shoot and own none the less. (Also very expensive, somewhere around $5 a round)

I need you guys to see that when you say you want to ban common semi-automatic target rifles that MILLIONS of people own, rifles that have been in production for over 50 years, you sound absolutley ridiculous. By your logic, My Remington 700 Bolt action .308 Elk rilfe has the be the most dangerous, evilest thing on earth. To tell you the truth, yea it actually is, because I could reach out and touch you from 800 meters, something no "Assault Rifle" is capable of doing, nor were they designed for such a thing.

Another thing, please stop using the term Assault Rifle. The media purposely uses that term to scare an unsuspecting public into being afraid of them. A true assault rifle, by definition, is a firearm that is Select Fire, meaning that it is capable of both semi automatic, and full automatic fire, something that is unobtainable by 99.9% of the population, and who's poession is a very lenghty, expensive and heavily regulated by the ATF. A real, civlilian legal Class 3 machine gun will run you over $10,000, require am ATF form 4, cost you $200 just to file, must have thourough FBI background check, fingerprints, etc.

You can't just walk down to your local Bass Pro Shops and buy a full rock N roll Ak-47, they simply dont exist.
Please understand the difference between a fully automatic machine gun, and it's common semi-automatic civlian counterpart. Millions of people all over the Us own AR-15's and AK variants, and they never harm anyone, they're just normal folks like you and me who want somehting that reminds them of the military, and enjoy target shooting, and they do have legitimate hunting purposes as well. When I hunt Coyotes, I switch out the upper on my AR-15 and change to a 20" free floated bull barrel for accuracy. I've taken many a varmint with my "Assault Rifle"

Old 07-22-2012, 08:39 PM

9,816 posts, read 19,023,867 times
Ryan, I think what happens is too many people watch the news, take their word for it(as though some newsreader is an authority) and don't really bother to do their own homework.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM

874 posts, read 923,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
You can't just walk down to your local Bass Pro Shops and buy a full rock N roll Ak-47, they simply dont exist.
Please understand the difference between a fully automatic machine gun, and it's common semi-automatic civlian counterpart. Millions of people all over the Us own AR-15's and AK variants, and they never harm anyone, they're just normal folks like you and me who want somehting that reminds them of the military, and enjoy target shooting, and they do have legitimate hunting purposes as well. When I hunt Coyotes, I switch out the upper on my AR-15 and change to a 20" free floated bull barrel for accuracy. I've taken many a varmint with my "Assault Rifle"
But, do you employ a 100-round drum magazine on your AR? Right about at that point we're crossing from the reasonable to the unreasonable of what a civilian should be able to employ w/o restrictions. Labeling any magazine over 10 rounds as being high capacity is one thing, but 100 rounds? The line needs to be redrawn.

I would say that it is disingenuous to ask that the term Assault Rifle not be used to describe the AR series when the very acronym in AR-15 stands for assault rifle. Yes, it lacks selective fire, but it does chamber an intermediate round with a detachable magazine and its main attractiveness is that it is pretty much an assault rifle similar to what our military employs.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:02 PM

13,644 posts, read 21,499,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Now, I want to show you all something, ... or they're somehow more dangerous than any other firearm.

I've taken many a varmint with my "Assault Rifle"
Oops, you weren't supposed to call it that.

Tell us what that .223 does to human flesh. From what I've heard, it's wicked dangerous.

I've shot a .223 that had a special feature. While I thought I was squeezing the trigger carefully, it seemed to drop 3 or 4 rounds. This was no accident. As the gun "warmed up", it would drop something like 5 or 6 rounds with one pull.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:32 PM

302 posts, read 760,107 times
I feel bad for all of the tragedy that has befallen Colorado recently--and I suppose this could encompass all the way back to the 2002 fire and the Columbine shootings. It really is a nice state and it's crazy all this weird stuff is happening. Prayers for the victims of this random and senseless act.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:37 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,652,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
But, do you employ a 100-round drum magazine on your AR? Right about at that point we're crossing from the reasonable to the unreasonable of what a civilian should be able to employ w/o restrictions. Labeling any magazine over 10 rounds as being high capacity is one thing, but 100 rounds? The line needs to be redrawn.

I would say that it is disingenuous to ask that the term Assault Rifle not be used to describe the AR series when the very acronym in AR-15 stands for assault rifle. Yes, it lacks selective fire, but it does chamber an intermediate round with a detachable magazine and its main attractiveness is that it is pretty much an assault rifle similar to what our military employs.
The AR in AR-15 stands for "ArmaLite," not "Assault Rifle." The ArmaLite model AR-5 is a bolt-action hunting rifle.

The AR-15's main attractiveness is that it is light, rugged, reliable, and chambers relatively inexpensive .223 military ball ammo as well as 80-grain high-power competition shooting rounds.

As to 100-round magazines...the same argument could be applied to cars capable of exceeding 80 MPH, the highest speed limit in the US. One could just as easily say it's unreasonable for a civilian to have a car or motorcycle capable of exceeding that speed...and certainly far more people have been killed and injured by speeding cars than by deranged gunmen using high-capacity magazines.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:01 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,652,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I personally don't see any use for assault weapons, be it hunting or personal protection. If all the modern-day Wyatt Earps who've asserted that a concealed-carry holder armed with nothing more than a pistol could've taken down this nutjob and his AR-15 are correct then there really is no need for any of us to have an AR-15 or an AKM, right? Logic would say yes, but when it comes to gun talk logic goes out the window (on both sides) and fallacies like the wonderful slippery slope come into play.
There's also no "need" for anyone to own a Shelby Cobra Mustang with a 660HP engine, or a 1000 watt per channel sound system in their car capable of producing permanent hearing loss in a few minutes, or a bottle of alcoholic beverage big enough to get a grown adult intoxicated, or for anyone to own a bungee-jumping or zipline apparatus, or for anyone to own a parachute or scuba gear. They're all used legally for recreation, and if misused all are potentially dangerous.

There's some logic for you to ponder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or