U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-27-2012, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,589 posts, read 10,365,197 times
Reputation: 9273

Advertisements

Forget all the details of the murderous rampage- Look at the face of James Holmes and you see the face of greed- the face of human userty - the face of big pharma - the face of parasitic self serving medical minds who feed on the mentally ill and cannot heal them- but take the money- Look at this freak;;;this is modern man gone bad....a mutation caused by a system that deserves no respect what so ever. Burn Holmes...get rid of this garbage and use the ones who created him as fuel for the fire... I really get peed off when everyone looks at the thorny tree and wants to chop it down while those who planted the seed of mutation hide.

 
Old 07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,589 posts, read 10,365,197 times
Reputation: 9273
Human nature is fine- it is not evil as some might want...the messing with nature is what causes deviant behavior. You don't have to keep human nature in "check" - keep those who warp and twist humans through abuse in check.
 
Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Littleton, CO
2,395 posts, read 4,176,946 times
Reputation: 7497
Nut jobs aren't just in CO after all

Maryland man arrested with dozens of weapons, says he's the Joker - U.S. News

Updated at 3:08 p.m. ET: Police arrested a Maryland man and recovered numerous guns from a home Thursday night after he allegedly made threats referring to the Joker this week.

Prescott was upset about losing his job and said: "I am the real Joker, and I'm going to blow everyone up," McGaw said.

Magaw said that when they arrived, Prescott was wearing a shirt that read, "Guns don't kill people, I do."
 
Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Lower east side of Toronto
10,589 posts, read 10,365,197 times
Reputation: 9273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Nut jobs aren't just in CO after all

Maryland man arrested with dozens of weapons, says he's the Joker - U.S. News

Updated at 3:08 p.m. ET: Police arrested a Maryland man and recovered numerous guns from a home Thursday night after he allegedly made threats referring to the Joker this week.

Prescott was upset about losing his job and said: "I am the real Joker, and I'm going to blow everyone up," McGaw said.

Magaw said that when they arrived, Prescott was wearing a shirt that read, "Guns don't kill people, I do."
The T shirt made me laugh...I know I shouldn't but it just came out. It's not about human anger or frustration..it's about being humiliated through injustice..Up here is Canada- and I mentioned it on CD a few times- My brother and I fought a prolonged court battle for five years- without a lawyer- using a disbarred lawyer to do the technical filing and I did the creative writing...The system is a racket...lesser men would have gone nuts- and that is exactly what they want you to do- to justify their actions...."Look - see- he is nuts...he is angry"..

So we refused to react to their bull..and did not win our case- but we sure gave them a bad time for a long time- and cost them a whole bag of money...People should not snap- they should realize that those that abuse them are actually the weak ones- only the weak lie...as for the guy who blurts.."I 'm going to blow everyone up" - these threats are what evil bureaucrats thrive on...give them nothing- calm down and deal with things like a man- don't be a joker.
 
Old 07-27-2012, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Coos Bay, Oregon
7,142 posts, read 8,478,137 times
Reputation: 7703
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
The reason why we have a right to firearms is to keep tyrannical government in check. The first step towards tyranny is to take away firearms so people can't rise up and fight back. If you study your history, as you say you do, you would well and truly know the tens of millions that went to their deaths in communist china, the USSR, nazi germany, cambodia, rwanda, bosnia, eastern europe in WW2, north korea, asia in WW2 and countless other places because the people had little or no means to defend themselves and to organize together to fight.

So yeah a lot of us have changed, grown, understood, that there are bad people in the world, domestically and abroad and that we need to take responsibility to defend ourselves, homes, families and community. We've reached that higher level of consciousness called "The Real World" or "Realville" and we see how it really is.

What we have seen is the founding fathers were right on the money and their wisdom is for the ages. We have much to be grateful for and what they went through and they have given us more than we will ever know.
As you eloquently point out, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to keep a tyrannical government in check. For that reason the Second Amendment is totally and completely obsolete. In every single case where an individual or group of individuals has attempted to use armed resistance against the government, has resulted in epic failure. Waco as an example.

The most anyone can possibly hope to accomplish with such actions, is to kill a handful of law enforcement officers or innocent civilians. In a stand off with the government, no matter how good your arsenal of weapons may be, it will come to an end in a matter of minuets, with one smart bomb and an airstrike from the National Guard. But it will never ever even get that far. Because chances are that the FBI or local law enforcement will end it before that happens.

So owning these types of weapons serves no purpose except to maybe carry out terrorist attacks.
 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:54 PM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,867 posts, read 7,117,362 times
Reputation: 1546
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
As you eloquently point out, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to keep a tyrannical government in check. For that reason the Second Amendment is totally and completely obsolete. In every single case where an individual or group of individuals has attempted to use armed resistance against the government, has resulted in epic failure. Waco as an example.

The most anyone can possibly hope to accomplish with such actions, is to kill a handful of law enforcement officers or innocent civilians. In a stand off with the government, no matter how good your arsenal of weapons may be, it will come to an end in a matter of minuets, with one smart bomb and an airstrike from the National Guard. But it will never ever even get that far. Because chances are that the FBI or local law enforcement will end it before that happens.

So owning these types of weapons serves no purpose except to maybe carry out terrorist attacks.

Unless the Military defects, and sides with the population. It could happen.
 
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
12,105 posts, read 20,410,542 times
Reputation: 4143
I was at the Neal Diamond concert last night in Denver and they announced they would give all revenue profits to the victims fund for the shooting at the theator. I thought that was really nice of him so I decided to post it here.
 
Old 07-28-2012, 01:35 AM
 
11,602 posts, read 17,581,185 times
Reputation: 17345
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdcolorado View Post
I am from Canada, and it's incredibly safe. Only those with guns kill other people with guns (gangs).
And even that is rare. GUn violence and mass shootings are everywhere (there have even been a couple in Canada), but the VOLUME of them happen where there are more guns readily available. That's just fact.

Guns DO kill people, and those who say the founding fathers wanted it are forgetting the time in which the founding fathers lived. It was a different time then where you had to fight for land and conquer- the wild west. We don't live in times like that today- guns have no other purpose other than to kill...none. So there is no reason to have one unless you hunt for food.

I wish people really thought about it hard, because living in a fearful society where everyone has a gun is not a healthy and happy way to live. Fear breads fear.
Point one - There is less CRIME in Canda, irregardless to gun violence...there is just less CRIME! Good for you, but you have a population for your whole country that is equivalent to one state in the US. Attributing it to less guns and greater gun control is irrelevant.

Point two - The 2nd ammendment had absolutely nothing to do with the founding fathers consideration of fighting for land and conquer...or considerations of the wild west. You totally miss the relevance of what became "the bill of rights". Think about that phrase for a moment, it will give you a clue. Go back to the Magna Carta if you really want to understand.
 
Old 07-28-2012, 01:36 AM
 
9,817 posts, read 19,072,757 times
Reputation: 7546
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
As you eloquently point out, the purpose of the Second Amendment is to keep a tyrannical government in check. For that reason the Second Amendment is totally and completely obsolete. In every single case where an individual or group of individuals has attempted to use armed resistance against the government, has resulted in epic failure. Waco as an example.

The most anyone can possibly hope to accomplish with such actions, is to kill a handful of law enforcement officers or innocent civilians. In a stand off with the government, no matter how good your arsenal of weapons may be, it will come to an end in a matter of minuets, with one smart bomb and an airstrike from the National Guard. But it will never ever even get that far. Because chances are that the FBI or local law enforcement will end it before that happens.

So owning these types of weapons serves no purpose except to maybe carry out terrorist attacks.
It's not obsolete at all, as we do not know the future and what it will bring. You are assuming all will stay the same for all time and it does not.
 
Old 07-28-2012, 05:22 AM
 
Location: Earth
4,506 posts, read 5,279,943 times
Reputation: 4933
First off the Branch Davidians did not attempt an insurrection, they were attacked unprovoked.

All other instances have been by a handfull of resistors, not the nation as a whole. The nature of the second ammendment isn't so that a few can rise, its so the majority can. The reality though is that, that is a last gasp measure, the threat of a rise is what truly keeps government in check, just as the threat of armed resistance prevents most criminals from doing things outside of known gun-free zones.

The mere fact that many Americans are exercising their second ammendment rights is what almost certainly guarrantees that an armed insurrection will never be necessary.

As for the NRA being powerful, its the membership which makes it so...not some lone billionare that wants to subvert the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top