U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:08 PM

2,598 posts, read 2,287,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticMedia View Post
I concur, If you were down low and could get a shot, he wouldint be too hard to hit because of his position. Everyone was running away from his position, therefore you could single him out and emptying 16 rounds in a general pattern into the area of his position might have been a saving grace.
Uh......no.

I know that you're trying to help our cause but you're hurting our cause.

I don't know you but I have been trained to acquire (see) the target before pulling the trigger, as well being aware of who or what is behind and around the target that I'm aiming at, because I am accountable for every round that I fire, as every responsible gun owner should know.

All of you wannabe cowboys who say crap like, "Yeah, if I had been there, I would have drawn down and taken him out." Bullsh*t. You are the kind of fools that give us responsible gun owners a bad name.

Unless, you have been formally trained to fire a weapon in a reduced light situation with tear gas wafting in the air, multiple innocents running around, and an unknown number of hostiles firing weapons indiscriminately, then you pulling a firearm and emptying 16 rounds in a general pattern into the area of where you think an active shooter may be is one of the most criminally irresponsible things that I have ever heard of and makes you at least as dangerous as the initial shooter.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:12 PM

2,395 posts, read 4,163,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Uh......no.

I know that you're trying to help our cause but you're hurting our cause.

I don't know you but I have been trained to acquire (see) the target before pulling the trigger, as well being aware of who or what is behind and around the target that I'm aiming at, because I am accountable for every round that I fire, as every responsible gun owner should know.

All of you wannabe cowboys who say crap like, "Yeah, if I had been there, I would have drawn down and taken him out." Bullsh*t. You are the kind of fools that give us responsible gun owners a bad name.

Unless, you have been formally trained to fire a weapon in a reduced light situation with tear gas wafting in the air, multiple innocents running around, and an unknown number of hostiles firing weapons indiscriminately, then you pulling a firearm and emptying 16 rounds in a general pattern into the area of where you think an active shooter may be is one of the most criminally irresponsible things that I have ever heard of and makes you at least as dangerous as the initial shooter.

Very well said

I've taken some force on force classes, which teach CCW owners real life defense situations with air-soft pistols. Yeah all you people that say "I would have done ______" no way

Talking about doing something, and having the presence of mind especially in a crisis to do that can only be done through training and repetition. You would have ducked and peed your pants

Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM

346 posts, read 375,330 times
I have a CCP, and from my training I think it would be next to impossible in those chaotic circumstances to get "set up" anywhere. Tear gas, paniced patrons, etc.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM

5,706 posts, read 7,894,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
I have a CCP, and from my training I think it would be next to impossible in those chaotic circumstances to get "set up" anywhere. Tear gas, paniced patrons, etc.
Exactly. Too many Wyatt Earp's around here that need to understand watching reruns of Bonanza and Gunsmoke doesn't equate to real life situations.

Even those in law enforcement who are well-trained would have a very difficult time in such a situation.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM

15,742 posts, read 22,004,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
Exactly. Too many Wyatt Earp's around here that need to understand watching reruns of Bonanza and Gunsmoke doesn't equate to real life situations.

Even those in law enforcement who are well-trained would have a very difficult time in such a situation.
Agree 110%.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,263 times
The AR-15 assault rifle is too military a type of weapon with that big magazine. Makes it too easy for a maniac to get off more shots and kill more people. I don't know why that kind of gun should be legal. Some increased gun control laws are warranted so a lunatic would be less empowered I think. Perfect example of the need to amend the Constitution based on technologies that the founding fathers never anticipated.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 PM

346 posts, read 375,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Washington View Post
The AR-15 assault rifle is too military a type of weapon with that big magazine. Makes it too easy for a maniac to get off more shots and kill more people. I don't know why that kind of gun should be legal. Some increased gun control laws are warranted so a lunatic would be less empowered I think. Perfect example of the need to amend the Constitution based on technologies that the founding fathers never anticipated.
Too many of them already in the public. You'd have to appoint a gun czar and deploy jack booted govt. thugs into U.S. households to confiscate them. That's tyranny and fascism at its worst. Moreover, a black market would then make them available to such sickos anyway.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:14 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,868,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidburn View Post
My question is, why do we have more of these incidents than anywhere else? I can see maybe places in the Bible Belt or Texas having this issue, but not Colorado.
Because just like someone said, it can happen anywhere. Times are hard, there is a lot of unrest, dissatisfaction and disenfranchisement in the country today. I suspect it is going to get worse. No jobs, more and more of the burden of taxation to fund social programs falling on the few who are still working and pay taxes. Of course, we can always stop social security and cut 5 billion out of Medicare so that seniors will die off faster, solving those problems......lets see, who can we anniliate next, so that we can solve the money problems of this country ?

I pray for the families of the victims, the victims themselves are beyond our comfort now. I hope the media is responsible in their reporting, although, I did read the report concerning Brian Ross of ABC News that reported the shooting was Tea Party related. The poor man he identified as the possible shooter, a Tea Party member, I hope the crazies also read his apology put putting our that report in error. Some will only hear what they want to hear.

I love Colorado and I hope you all can come through all of the bad things that have been happening in your beautiful state, fires, shooting, etc. The people of Colorado are also in my prayers.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:23 PM

63 posts, read 100,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesamekid View Post
simple answer - guns, guns, guns.

How proud are we now Americans of our RIGHT to bear arms?

How about the rights of a person to be able to go to the movie theatre to see Batman and not worry about being gunned down?
I highly doubt somebody with the inclination to murder a dozen innocent human beings would have been set back by a law against owning a gun.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:41 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,022,687 times
No matter where it happened, need to focus on the crime and history ect. ect. ect..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or