U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,883 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Colorado and have traveled the state to find the place I would most like to move to. I like the location/size of Colorado Springs but all the talk of right-wingers here is a little disturbing. Also I read something saying there is specific ICE training for sheriffs here. (I'm not asking these questions for myself, but for someone close to me). The most obvious answer I can think of is Denver, but I don't think I can stand to deal with the traffic. Fort Collins is also nice and I've heard its more liberal, but its also 90% white and my experiences there have not all been friendly. I would also like to live somewhere reasonably priced. Sheriff Arpaio types need not respond. Anyone else, thanks for your input.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 PM

8,376 posts, read 7,362,552 times
If you are looking for a Illegal Immigrant friendly city to move to, and you want a small city as you seem to be stating, then the Rocky Mountains are not where you should be looking if you are non white. You will stand out, and not really be accepted by the average person in town. You will find it easier to fit in in the South west from Texas to Southern California.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:00 PM

276 posts, read 583,293 times
If you're undocumented, you don't belong in this country. The answer is simple: GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:44 PM

9,816 posts, read 19,014,998 times
Ft. Collins liberal? Never heard that one before.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:08 PM

10,868 posts, read 41,128,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Ft. Collins liberal? Never heard that one before.
you must not have spent much time around the CSU or downtown areas in the last few decades ...

I've been in Ft Collins a lot over the last year ... started going there in the mid-1960's (JAX was a destination trip) ... and I've watched it become a mini Boulder wanna be community, with all the liberal leanings ...

If it's any indication, look at the voting record of the area for the last several elections. The agrarian conservative base of decades ago has long been overshadowed by the school (esp when it shifted from being an A&M school to the IT focus and Univ status) and the gov't agencies of the area.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,883 times
In reference to the get the hell out comment.....
I am not but someone I care about is. Since I'm guessing you were fortunate enough to be born in this country--as I was--or rich enough to easily immigrate here I'm sure you have no idea how difficult/impossible it is to always go about this legally. And last time I checked this was a country of immigrants/decendants of thieves who forced out/killed its indigenous inhabitants. So what right do you have to decide who comes here. I'm not trying to have an immigration debate here, I'm just trying to ask an honest question that many people are too afraid to ask. If your mother and brothers and sisters were starving and there was nothing you could do to help them but go next door over an invisible line where there's hope and opportunity maybe you wouldn't feel the same.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,651,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquitafish View Post
I am not but someone I care about is. Since I'm guessing you were fortunate enough to be born in this country--as I was--or rich enough to easily immigrate here I'm sure you have no idea how difficult/impossible it is to always go about this legally. And last time I checked this was a country of immigrants/decendants of thieves who forced out/killed its indigenous inhabitants. So what right do you have to decide who comes here. I'm not trying to have an immigration debate here, I'm just trying to ask an honest question that many people are too afraid to ask. If your mother and brothers and sisters were starving and there was nothing you could do to help them but go next door over an invisible line where there's hope and opportunity maybe you wouldn't feel the same.
What you're doing is asking us to facilitate a crime. I don't see this any differently than asking here about the best place to buy smack, or where you can find cheap prostitutes that won't give you the clap.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:10 AM

2,864 posts, read 7,095,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquitafish View Post

Yup,. you're correct, and guess what, I don't care. If you ain't from America, to hell with ya.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:21 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
If you ain't from America, to hell with ya.
That's a bit harsh. Just "back to your country-of-origin with you..."

Last edited by Bideshi; 07-23-2012 at 03:54 AM..

Old 07-23-2012, 05:22 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,614,359 times
If your friend wants to live in the rural areas of the rocky mountains tell him/her to learn to fit in. I'm from the south but have lived and worked in the west. Learn the lingo. Dress like the natives. Learn the two step. He/she will be accepted. White folk ain't all that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado