U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,448 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Colorado soon and have been searching for a place to live. We have looked at apartments online, townhouses online and the like. We have found that we like an apartment in the Thornton/NorthGlenn area, however not sure of the area. Have read many negative things about the Thorton area and crime. Also have elementary age children, not sure what school they would go to. I've checked into public schools in teh area of the RedHawk apartments and the closest is Birch Elementary. Anyone know anything about this school and the area?
Any help is appeciated.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 02:34 PM

68 posts, read 105,449 times
I can tell you from personal experience that looking online and looking in person is two different things. I always heard that when I was working as a realtor, but I experienced it first-hand last month when we visited Springs. We found ones online that we thought were really nice, but once we saw them in person, we ruled them out. I would do a lot of reading on here and narrow it down, but going and looking in person will tell the whole story.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM

2,442 posts, read 3,270,308 times
Default I live near this area

I live and shop near Red Hawk apartments at 12150 Washington Center Pkwy Thornton, CO 80241.

They are in a very nice area. They are behind a shopping center with a Super Target, a Sunflower Farmers Market (great grocery store) and other useful stores. The shopping center feels newer and is very nice. They are adjacent to 120th which is a major street for the area which is very suburban. There are many dining and shopping opportunities along 120th. There is a bus terminal at 120th and I-25 which is good for commuting downtown or getting a bus to the airport.

I did a crime search at
https://www.crimereports.com/

(the apt. address pulls up at the wrong place, slightly to the north but you can navigate down to the apt.) and saw no crime which matches my impressions of the area. This is a nice newer good looking area.

You can use the crimereports web site to search around the Denver metro area and see how it compares to other area. I usually use the tab system to set the date range back 6 months and the incident layers tab to select more types of crime. This will give you an idea of which areas are more or less crime. This area showed up with no crime which is what I would have expected for it.

Sorry, I don't know about the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or