U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,359,499 times

Advertisements

I was going to suggest Castle creek, Nice drive. A trip up to Snowmass might also be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 PM

97 posts, read 312,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
I was going to suggest Castle creek, Nice drive. A trip up to Snowmass might also be nice.
Thanks. Is Castle Creek Rd a loop? or where should I turn back? Is it paved?

Can I drive to the top of Snowmass?

thanks!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 AM

220 posts, read 431,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aet08 View Post
What is the more upscale part of Aspen that offers the most to do?
It's all upscale. Follow SR82 through the neighborhoods on the east end of town. It's ridiculous.

I think you're kinda missing the point of Aspen though. The town is quaint and cute and there are a few little bars, restaurants and shops other then that there isnt much. What's great about the area isn't Aspen but rather Mt. Sopris, Maroon Belles, Pyramid Peak and the rest of the Roaring Fork/Frying Pan River Valley. Of course Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk kick but if you plan to ski or snowboard.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM

730 posts, read 2,553,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbi98 View Post
I wonder how bad the road is for going though Independence Pass to Twin Lakes.. It is part of my plan, but now I begin to wonder..

Thanks.
It's not bad by Twin Lakes at all. Independence Pass is only open in the Summer so it's not dangerous or anything. You just really have to watch where you are going if you are driving down the cliff side. The rode is very narrow both directions in places. You must do it though, it's one of the most beautiful drives I have ever been in. The scenery is magestic.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:03 PM

31 posts, read 54,283 times
We were there last weekend, aspens are just hitting spectacular and it was very uncrowded - even the buses to Maroon Bells. We came back over Independence Pass and through Leadville and didn't think the pass was all that scary or maybe I'm just getting used to scary mountain roads I also really like the part of I-70 that goes through Glenwood Canyon - beautiful.
My father was remembering staying at the hotel with the springs-fed pools in Glenwood Springs in 1964, and driving down to Aspen. Told him he should've bought real estate then!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:51 PM

Can anyone pls help with this?

Is Castle Creek Rd a loop? or where should I turn back? Is it paved?

thanks!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:48 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,096,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbi98 View Post
Can anyone pls help with this?

Is Castle Creek Rd a loop? or where should I turn back? Is it paved?

thanks!
Castle Creek Road dead ends out there at that ghost town of ******** if I remember correctly. I think it's pretty obvious once you drive back there where you will not be able to go any further.

In Snowmass, IRC if you drive up Wood Rd. I think that takes you pretty far up the hill past some houses, but no you can't drive up to the very top. Driving up there isn't really meant for tourist joyriding anyways because it's a group of houses. You can also stay on the main road and take that over to Old Snowmass.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM

Also how is Flyingpan Rd (Co Rd 4?) to the Ruedi Reservoir? Is it worth a visit? is it paved? thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado