U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:22 AM

88 posts, read 115,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby23 View Post
Republicans will definitely do one thing....they will make the rich richer.
Who cares if everyone else is getting richer too

Old 08-24-2012, 08:57 AM

2,493 posts, read 2,095,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I do not know anyone who's health care premiums have gone down, rather they have gone up, in my case 50%, expressly due to meeting the compliance regulations of obamacare

I'm calling TOTAL BS on your insurance up 50% because of ACA.
And therefore your whole post losses all credibility.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 08-24-2012 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM

833 posts, read 1,382,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
^^^^^And the crumbs are supposed to trickle down to the rest of us, so we'll ALL be better off with a republican victory. Gotta love those crumbs....if you're lucky enough to get any.
We're just rats, chasing after the crumbs...

As for "trickle down", well, that always made me think of something else and I have never had the desire to be trickled on.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 PM

9,816 posts, read 19,021,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
LOL!

How does it lose credibility when you don't pay my bills? Are you the mastermind that decides what is credible or not?

For the record my self employed high deductible health care plan went from $112.00 a month to $196.00 a month and the insurance company sent me a letter detailing the change in rates due to the Unaffordable Care Act and all the costs involved in complying with the upcoming law.

I then switched to a more local company with better coverage at $192.00 a month and a guaranteed rate for 5 years.

Every single person I know that I have discussed this with has seen a typical rise of 20% rise up to a graduated climb up to around a 50%+ jump in rates as what happened to me.

Nobodies insurance rates have gone down and you can find tons of legitimate sources online citing rate increases.

Insurance industry warns of higher rates, as ObamaCare supporters see long-term fix | Fox News

Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 AM

7,754 posts, read 16,452,867 times
wanneroo wrote: Nobodies insurance rates have gone down and you can find tons of legitimate sources online citing rate increases.

Unfortunately this is a true statement. The cost of Health Insurance is so high that I'm getting out of the game. My coverage expires at the end of August.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
wanneroo wrote: Nobodies insurance rates have gone down and you can find tons of legitimate sources online citing rate increases.

Unfortunately this is a true statement. The cost of Health Insurance is so high that I'm getting out of the game. My coverage expires at the end of August.
So then what is the point of having the "Affordable Care Act"? Prices have gone up and that isn't affordable. In addition it's going to add trillions of dollars to our debt.

All they are doing is gradually driving private health care out of business so they can take over.

I think what most people missed was this wasn't so much about health care but freedom. Once government can mandate you buy a product and tax if you if you do not buy AND also mandate private companies to sell a product whether they want to or not, then you have surrendered your freedom. With that precedent established by the idiots on the supreme court, government can pretty much control your behavior and that of private companies.

It will take time because they know from before a marxist "revolution" would not go over well, so they gradually strangle everyone with taxes and regulations until they collapse the economy and take over control. They'll make these private companies so hard to function their excuse will be more government.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 PM

7,754 posts, read 16,452,867 times
^^^^ Affordable Care Act in name only! Health insurance premiums would have gone up even without Obamacare, just like they have been over the past 20 years. The one good thing about Obamacare in my eyes is the elimination of the pre-existing condition bullsh*t. Even bigger than the requirement to buy health insurance, the major negative about Obamacare is that it did absolutely nothing to address the many scams in the way that so-called health care is practiced. Big pharma, the AMA, and the insurance companies are still running rampant and ripping people off, and Obamacare is now the major enabler.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM

18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
I'd like to see evidence that his/her insurance rose 50% and that it was due to Obamacare. My health insurance, partially through my retirement (but I pay a monthly fee, as well), has gone up exactly $0, thus far.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:28 PM

3,108 posts, read 4,661,462 times
I consider myself to be a pragmatist who leans towards the left.

As an educated person, I have huge problems with the Republican Party's and the far right's propensity to tout their ideology as fact without any support to back it up.

Over the last 30 years, the United States has fallen further and further behind other countries in the field of science largely because the Republican Party has been busy in many states pushing to include religious beliefs into the science curriculum. The creationists/intelligent design school has done everything they can to push their views with the side effect of teaching their children that science and scientists should not be trusted.

Over that same period of time, the right wing economists have been espousing the trickle-down theory as a way to create prosperity. While these economic policies created the illusion of prosperity (much of the middle class' purchases during the 90s and 2000s were the result of easy credit financing an unsustainable lifestyle), we find ourselves having one of the highest wealth gaps in the world. Thirty years of data show that supply-side economics doesn't work, but the party insists that what got us into the economic mess in the first place, is what will get us out.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
I consider myself to be a pragmatist who leans towards the left.

As an educated person, I have huge problems with the Republican Party's and the far right's propensity to tout their ideology as fact without any support to back it up.

Over the last 30 years, the United States has fallen further and further behind other countries in the field of science largely because the Republican Party has been busy in many states pushing to include religious beliefs into the science curriculum. The creationists/intelligent design school has done everything they can to push their views with the side effect of teaching their children that science and scientists should not be trusted.

Over that same period of time, the right wing economists have been espousing the trickle-down theory as a way to create prosperity. While these economic policies created the illusion of prosperity (much of the middle class' purchases during the 90s and 2000s were the result of easy credit financing an unsustainable lifestyle), we find ourselves having one of the highest wealth gaps in the world. Thirty years of data show that supply-side economics doesn't work, but the party insists that what got us into the economic mess in the first place, is what will get us out.
What got us in the mess was government meddling in the housing market and bloated government spending. That has been well documented and educated people will dig those sources up and get to studying. It's not hard to do. It wasn't trickle down economics or the tooth fairy.

What is important is not intentions but results. We've had obama for 4 years. He said "give it to me" back in 2009 and that his Porkulus and Crony Payoff Act would drop unemployment to 6% and all of the masses of regulation would fix everything and we'd be in prosperity. Instead we have stagnated in the longest economic "recovery"(which nothing has recovered) since the Great Depression and in my opinion a depression that is merely covered up and made easier by our previous 50 years of prosperity.

So he has been a horrible failure and one of the worst incompetent presidents of all time and as an educated person, I look at results and there are no results. Higher costs for everything, stagnant incomes and a dog of an economy. They already have more regulation lined up for his 2nd term which will deindustrialize the US economy. Educated people would do their due diligence and look that up for what he is bringing to the party next.

We've also been dumped 6 trillion dollars of debt onto our children's backs, which I would consider a form of child abuse by those in our federal government.

Clinton was also a failure his first 2 years and then he adopted much of the Republican platform and wow look what happened. We also did well back then thanks to the private sector and the rapid development of the internet, which was a once in a lifetime game changer.

Carter, he was a failure too with all of his policies.

Top down authoritarian government never has worked and never will work. It doesn't motivate people. It doesn't inspire people. It doesn't create new products and services. It doesn't lower costs or improve service.

You think adding some creationist theories to 9th grade science is stopping development of interest in science? Science, like anything else that advances theories should be held with skepticism and challenged. As we have seen science over history has changed and evolved with time. As an educated person surely you would be familiar with the scientific method?

We just experienced Climategate 1 and 2 and we've seen how we've been scammed on "global warming" which turned out to be a big fraud, so why not be skeptical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado