U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 02:20 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,121,752 times

Advertisements

Apres' moi, le duluge...! Viva Soetoro...!

Old 08-13-2012, 03:30 PM

20,337 posts, read 37,854,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
^^^^If the real world allotment of taxpayer money was ever honesty revealed, I'm betting that the amount of $$$$$ funnelled into corporate welfare, makes the amount of $$$ funnelled into social welfare look like chump change.
I agree with that.

Let's keep this thread centered on Colorado, and the political divide in this state. Right now I'd say it's about 50-50 and a toss up.

If anyone has a poll that shows THIS state, provide a link.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:14 PM

2,253 posts, read 5,846,921 times
Wink 2008 Colorado county results

The following link provides a map of Colorado and how each county voted in the 2008 presidential election. Not only whether a particular county went majority Republican or Democrat (meaning Obama or McCain), but to what relative degree:
Colorado - Election Results 2008 - The New York Times

Beyond that, this basically applies:
Quote:
CosmicWizard
"Wether Obamey wins or Robama wins makes little differnece. The status quo will prevail....the steady chipping away of personal freedoms, the continuing chipping away of the dollars buying power, the continuing erosion of the middle class, the continuing shift of control to the corporations, the continuing increase of the deficit, a continuing waste of money on wars, the continuing gridlock of congress, etc. The only thing that might change is perhaps a new face in the white house, but that's just smoke and mirrors, a convenient distraction to keep us arguing over trivial matters while the sinister agenda of the banksters continues as usual."

Last edited by Idunn; 08-13-2012 at 05:43 PM..

Old 08-14-2012, 02:12 PM

51 posts, read 124,599 times
Check out this link: RealClearPolitics - Latest Election Polls.

It's recent as of today (Aug. 14). I just came back from seeing Ryan speak in Lakewood, and he is impressive! For those of you on the fence about this election, please take time to consider the issues. Romney and Obama have distinct views of our country, and anyone who says they're the same just does not follow politics as he should or prefers sound bites to facts.

I just moved here from IL -- the most liberal state I've ever lived in, and I needed to get out. I'm happy to be able to vote in a swing state this year! I think Romney will take Colorado....just a gut feeling.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:02 PM

20,337 posts, read 37,854,657 times
Kat, thanks for the link.

I found 3 polls done for Colorado, with these results:
- Romney up by 5
- They're tied
- Obama up by 6

- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:14 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,535,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInTheHat View Post
Check out this link: RealClearPolitics - Latest Election Polls.

It's recent as of today (Aug. 14). I just came back from seeing Ryan speak in Lakewood, and he is impressive! For those of you on the fence about this election, please take time to consider the issues. Romney and Obama have distinct views of our country, and anyone who says they're the same just does not follow politics as he should or prefers sound bites to facts.

I just moved here from IL -- the most liberal state I've ever lived in, and I needed to get out. I'm happy to be able to vote in a swing state this year! I think Romney will take Colorado....just a gut feeling.
Real Clear Politics was quite accurate in the 2008 election. They show Obama up by 1.2 right now, but it'll be close either way.

As a gay parent, I would never vote Republican. Ryan tried to pass legislation to prohibit gay couples from adopting. So I find his politics to be rather sickening. That said, I don't think Romney or Ryan would have the power, if elected, to pass such laws or steal my children from me. Presidential candidates always say they'd do this or that to get their base wound up, but in the end, they just don't have that level of power.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 PM

2,561 posts, read 4,876,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Real Clear Politics was quite accurate in the 2008 election. They show Obama up by 1.2 right now, but it'll be close either way.

As a gay parent, I would never vote Republican. Ryan tried to pass legislation to prohibit gay couples from adopting. So I find his politics to be rather sickening. That said, I don't think Romney or Ryan would have the power, if elected, to pass such laws or steal my children from me. Presidential candidates always say they'd do this or that to get their base wound up, but in the end, they just don't have that level of power.
I wish strong republican candidates would endorse things like gay rights/womens rights..I am becoming more fiscally conservative, but still find the Gop social views in general to be archaic. I respect and understand your concern as I have family and friends that are gay. I will not however vote for Obama this time around due to industry/financial reasons,concerns( wish there wasn't such a drastic line in the sand)..why can't there actually be a reasonable candidate..just my two cents..but I know where you are coming from.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,472,426 times
KatInTheHat wrote: I just came back from seeing Ryan speak in Lakewood, and he is impressive!

I'm an Independent voter, unaffiliated with any party. After Romney chose a right wing extremeist like Ryan for the VP position, Obama-Biden is now looking like the lesser of two evils. I'm still hoping that an anti-bankster 3rd party candidate will come to the forefront, because my conscience would bother me if I voted for eithter ticket.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 08-14-2012 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-14-2012, 03:42 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,535,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I wish strong republican candidates would endorse things like gay rights/womens rights..I am becoming more fiscally conservative, but still find the Gop social views in general to be archaic. I respect and understand your concern as I have family and friends that are gay. I will not however vote for Obama this time around due to industry/financial reasons,concerns( wish there wasn't such a drastic line in the sand)..why can't there actually be a reasonable candidate..just my two cents..but I know where you are coming from.
Yeah, I agree. We're all forced to take a side, and probably not many people are totally aligned with either side. You should be able to be gay, fiscally conservative, and have someone to vote for. Gay people are used by both sides to get votes. And really, the Evangelical Christians are used in the same way. The Republicans will say they're going to ban gay marriage and gay rights, the Democrats say they're going to legalize gay marriage and expand gay rights, then once elected, the side that wins will toss a bone to their base. But really, gay rights/marriage will win in the end. Younger Republicans are more and more pro-gay rights. At some point Republicans will start losing races over the issue, IMO.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:50 PM

704 posts, read 1,442,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Yeah, I agree. We're all forced to take a side, and probably not many people are totally aligned with either side. You should be able to be gay, fiscally conservative, and have someone to vote for. Gay people are used by both sides to get votes. And really, the Evangelical Christians are used in the same way. The Republicans will say they're going to ban gay marriage and gay rights, the Democrats say they're going to legalize gay marriage and expand gay rights, then once elected, the side that wins will toss a bone to their base. But really, gay rights/marriage will win in the end. Younger Republicans are more and more pro-gay rights. At some point Republicans will start losing races over the issue, IMO.
But until then, they'll keep winning them? Given the reality that support for traditional marriage consistently helps Republicans in all but the most liberal states, it's a giant leap to say that Republicans will be hurt by the issue. From Colorado to Iowa to North Carolina, voters consistently choose candidates who reflect their values, and not the well-monied pockets of liberal big-whigs activists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado