U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:52 PM

20,321 posts, read 37,832,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Rogarven wrote: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Exactly! I was hoodwinked by the smooth talking of Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, & Barack Obama the first time around....but not on round two. Once these guys were in office, the real man was revealed, and I didn't like what I saw.
Happens a lot doesn't it....same old same old....say anything to get elected....do what the monied dudes want once in office.

Arguing amongst ourselves isn't solving a thing.... they've got us divided and conquered over social issues that have no place in government and politics... and they've got us divided and conquered over a few other single-issue political hot spots... but the point is this, THEY have us 99%'ers divided and at each other's throats. We all need to shake hands, sit down to have a beer together and start a true third party that has it's focus on we the people, not the billionaires on Wall Street who lie to us at least as much as the politicians.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:50 PM

7,756 posts, read 16,465,200 times
^^^^^Great post Mike! On the train to and from PA this spring, I read a really uplifting, fictional book about starting a 3rd party like the one mentioned in your post. I'll post a link to it if I can find it.

Are the beers on you?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM

20,321 posts, read 37,832,470 times
Quote:
^^^^^Great post Mike! On the train to and from PA this spring, I read a really uplifting, fictional book about starting a 3rd party like the one mentioned in your post. I'll post a link to it if I can find it.

Are the beers on you?
Beers? Yes, I'm loaded....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:15 PM

2,534 posts, read 5,823,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
. . . beer together and start a true third party that has it's focus on we the people, not the billionaires on Wall Street who lie to us at least as much as the politicians.
Quote:

Are the beers on you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Beers? Yes, I'm loaded....
Ahem. . .
can the wine drinkers among us be included (you know, cause it's good for heart health, or that's my excuse)?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,835 posts, read 37,528,120 times
I'll bring some PNW wines to the 3rd Party Party ! (as well as a cooler of Micro Brews)
Pic your pleasure, these are my neighbors http://www.columbiagorgewine.com/

Coolers fly free on SWA (I usually bring PNW Salmon / fresh berries and trade for CO Beef).

But would be HAPPY to bring the brews for a 3rd party boost. (but want to take home some CO beef)

Old 08-17-2012, 12:54 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,522,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneNative View Post
But until then, they'll keep winning them? Given the reality that support for traditional marriage consistently helps Republicans in all but the most liberal states, it's a giant leap to say that Republicans will be hurt by the issue. From Colorado to Iowa to North Carolina, voters consistently choose candidates who reflect their values, and not the well-monied pockets of liberal big-whigs activists.
I'm basing my opinion on the fact that younger people have few issues with gay people and support gay marriage. It's old people, who are more likely to vote, who are overwhelmingly anti-gay. Times are and will change. A 20 year old today isn't growing up in a world where homosexuality is thought to be some mental disorder, as did people over the age of 50 or so.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 PM

2,603 posts, read 2,292,442 times
Quote:
^^^^If the real world allotment of taxpayer money was ever honesty revealed, I'm betting that the amount of $$$$$ funnelled into corporate welfare, makes the amount of $$$ funnelled into social welfare look like chump change.
True dat!!

Last edited by phlinak; 08-17-2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 08-17-2012, 01:26 PM

2,603 posts, read 2,292,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Obama is promising the most free stuff so he will win Colorado....People love getting Gubmint largesse' without working for it....There are over 100 million people in the USA collecting $$$$ on some kind of Gubmint program right now...Most of them will vote for President Sugar .....Oh,..and Send the bill to the Grandkids....!
Really??

What "free stuff" is the President promising?

"...There are over 100 million people in the USA collecting $$$$ on some kind of Gubmint program right now.."

Really??

100 million!! Wow! Is there a legitimate source for your information or are you just making it up as you type like the Romney/Ryan lie that the President is cutting 716 billion dollars from Medicare??

Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,470,290 times
This data source http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0542.xls is a few years old and lists about 70 million. It might not be 100% complete.

60% on Social Security.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:11 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,470,290 times
The poster who mentioned the 100 million is probably referring to this more recent reference

Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare | The Weekly Standard

The data is from a Senate Republican staffer but I haven't seen a rebuttal yet.

Here is a big thread about it:
100 Million on Federal Welfare! NOT including Medicare or Social Security

on the last page it is said that 46 million people of the total are just collecting food stamps.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-17-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado