Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:59 AM

14 posts, read 11,670 times

Advertisements

I am a 51 year old single woman living in NYC. I am very active physically( hiking, cycling, running, tennis) and I love to be outdoors. I have friends in Denver and Santa Fe and a few in California. I would like to date men near to my age and finding it rough in NYC to meet nice guys.
My kids are grown and I have a substantial nest egg and will not need to seek employment. I can afford to live pretty much anywhere, whether I rent or purchase.
I am considering Boulder, Denver, Aspen, Santa Fe, Ashville(NC), San Diego, northern California( Proximity to SF)
I love the visual arts and good food( but that can be ultra casual as in taco stands!) and like to have access to health food stores.
Live music a big plus. I don't really ski anymore but would do snowshoeing if available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyandfun51 View Post
I am a 51 year old single woman living in NYC. I am very active physically( hiking, cycling, running, tennis) and I love to be outdoors. I have friends in Denver and Santa Fe and a few in California. I would like to date men near to my age and finding it rough in NYC to meet nice guys.
My kids are grown and I have a substantial nest egg and will not need to seek employment. I can afford to live pretty much anywhere, whether I rent or purchase.
I am considering Boulder, Denver, Aspen, Santa Fe, Ashville(NC), San Diego, northern California( Proximity to SF)
I love the visual arts and good food( but that can be ultra casual as in taco stands!) and like to have access to health food stores.
Live music a big plus. I don't really ski anymore but would do snowshoeing if available.
Santa Fe seems like it could be a good fit. Not sure anywhere other than Alaska is all that great for meeting single dudes at your lifestage.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:25 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,480 times
i'd take anywhere along coastal california in a heartbeat.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 AM

18,724 posts, read 33,385,615 times
I've heard it said about men in Alaska, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
Asheville, Boulder, Santa Fe- all magnets for middle-aged women into the arts and organic food and all.
But don't listen to me. I don't have a clue how to meet someone I'd like to meet who would like to meet me.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:30 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyandfun51 View Post
If I were single I'd suggest Northern Virginia to you.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:04 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,688,776 times
You definitely sound like you would fit well into Boulder. You might also add Bend, OR (where I currently reside) to your list. We really have a lot of what you're looking for.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM

404 posts, read 904,686 times
If I could afford to live in aspen I would go there in a heartbeat...but thats just me

Old 07-09-2012, 01:50 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,471,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
If I could afford to live in aspen I would go there in a heartbeat...but thats just me
"Substantial nest egg" for Aspen would be well into 7 figures, 8 even better.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM

178 posts, read 604,922 times
Aspen and the people there don't seem real to me. The area around it is beautiful but I find the town itself to be unpleasant. I have a brother who lives in the "NorCal" megalopolis and Healdsburg or maybe even Ukiah would be as close as I would want to live to San Fran. You would still live close enough to get to the city yet enjoy a more peaceful existence in the outskirts. You would have many more cultural opportunities than in Aspen as well as physical activities. You would have access to the health food stores you are familiar with as well as the Chinese herb/health food stores. Being from NYC you may miss the ocean/seafood and that would be a short drive.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:06 PM

6 posts, read 13,416 times
Colorado, stay away from CA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado