U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 01:02 PM

245 posts, read 395,262 times

Advertisements

I am going away for Labor Day weekend (for 5 days). In the past I have used covered parking with Canopy at DIA, (mostly because I had a half off coupon).

Am i crazy to be considering open air parking next week due to possible weather? It will save me almost half of what I would pay for covered parking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 01:05 PM

20,310 posts, read 37,804,669 times
I assume you're talking about hail damage to your car....

I guess it comes down to: how much more is covered parking vs how much is the deductible on your auto insurance?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:22 PM

245 posts, read 395,262 times
Exactly..is hail a common occurance out by DIA. The only hail I have heard of in the past 3 months was down in Castle Rock a few months back.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM

20,310 posts, read 37,804,669 times
It happens mostly all along the I-25 corridor as storms come off the mountains and head east. The region is noted for hail that can occur anytime from spring to fall.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:49 PM

4,750 posts, read 7,504,745 times
Smile Cheap insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby23 View Post
I am going away for Labor Day weekend (for 5 days). In the past I have used covered parking with Canopy at DIA, (mostly because I had a half off coupon).

Am i crazy to be considering open air parking next week due to possible weather? It will save me almost half of what I would pay for covered parking.
FWIW, Canopy has an on-line coupon for $11/day covered at
https://www.canopyairportparking.com...t-deals/coupon
With that, the extra $15(for 5 days) over the uncovered $8/day rate sounds like cheap insurance and peace of mind. Besides, you won't even notice the $15 after the airlines get done nickel & diming you

Old 08-27-2012, 03:32 PM

2,432 posts, read 3,265,294 times
We take the Wagon Road Park-n-Ride bus for longer trips. We trade off with neighbors to help them with their trips and they help with ours. Otherwise it is wise to spend for covered parking. 5 days is probably on the short side so we would probably spring for the covered parking.

http://www3.rtd-denver.com/schedules...e=9&routeId=AA

Old 08-28-2012, 11:13 AM

352 posts, read 564,327 times
Get a ride to some RTD park 'n ride and bus into DIA. Reverse the process coming back. Taking the bus there is the only way.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM

472 posts, read 666,755 times
Quote:
Taking the bus there is the only way.
No - They also allow cars, have parking, and have taxi and shuttle service too.

I've used Canopy with the coupon. Good deal if you don't mind the extra shuttle. (I don't like waiting when I return)

I generally take the bus for trips of four days or more, and use the $11 economy lot for 2-3 days where I can walk to the terminal in about 4-5 minutes. The private lots save a lot of money if you don't mind the shuttle waits - I tend to take shorter trips so balance time versus cost factor.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:03 PM

352 posts, read 564,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdenver View Post
No - They also allow cars, have parking, and have taxi and shuttle service too.

I've used Canopy with the coupon. Good deal if you don't mind the extra shuttle. (I don't like waiting when I return)

I generally take the bus for trips of four days or more, and use the $11 economy lot for 2-3 days where I can walk to the terminal in about 4-5 minutes. The private lots save a lot of money if you don't mind the shuttle waits - I tend to take shorter trips so balance time versus cost factor.
...the only way that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado