U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:49 PM

20,314 posts, read 37,815,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
An excellant idea, Mike. Advertising and bussing from Fort Collins, Boulder and Colorado Springs could prove a big help to attendance.

I think the game is important because it showcases the state's top two public universities. Holding it in Denver became a necessity because of the crowds it once drew. It has been held in Boulder several times, but Fort Collins has not hosted the game since 1996.
If they build a new stadium in FC then I'd not take a 260-mile round trip that takes 2.5 to 3 hours each way on a bus. But Denver is a great place to have the game, it's centrally located and it should not be hard to fill the stadium.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 23 days ago)

10,303 posts, read 10,459,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
If they build a new stadium in FC then I'd not take a 260-mile round trip that takes 2.5 to 3 hours each way on a bus. But Denver is a great place to have the game, it's centrally located and it should not be hard to fill the stadium.
If the two teams were good, the game would have to be in Denver. It used to fill Invesco Field. Watching today, I would put the crowd at 45,000-50,000. Folsom could accommodate that crowd. I do understand what you mean about making the trip to Boulder or Ft. Collins, though.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:17 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,360,320 times
When they first had the game in Denver I thought was different and fun. However if they build a new stadium in Fort Collins on campus I think it would be more festive for the students to have the games in Boulder and Fort Collins then having to take a bus or drive a hour to Denver. If anyone else wants to go they can drive to either Fort Collins or Boulder.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:01 PM

346 posts, read 375,424 times
Want more attendance to the Showdown? START THE GAME AT 7 PM, NOT AT 2 IN THE AFTERNOON!!

Old 09-01-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnJam View Post
Want more attendance to the Showdown? START THE GAME AT 7 PM, NOT AT 2 IN THE AFTERNOON!!
I think they are subject to television broadcast times on the kickoff times. If both teams were good, there would be more of a demand for a primetime evening spot, AND people would go to the game. There is everything to be gained by both teams improving.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 PM

So the game ends with a CSU win by a count of 22-17. My congratulations to them. Colorado didn't do themselves any favors but Colorado State certainly deserved that win. I think that was one of the better games between these two in a few years.

I will update this thread throughout the NCAA season because the results of this year will go a long way toward making this game next year more exciting (or not). After each Buffaloes and Rams games I'll update the thread with scores and records for both teams.

After one game it's Rams 1-0 and Buffaloes 0-1. Here's to both teams getting to 6 wins and a bowl game.

Go Buffs!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:26 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,360,320 times
That's great CSU FC won! Maybe if they have a good season it will help them in their effort to build a new stadium.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:01 AM

As promised here is the latest from Colorado and Colorado State Universities.

Colorado fell 30-28 to Sacramento State in their home opener. Colorado State fell 22-7 to North Dakota State in their home opener. Do you all see the obvious problem here? I hate to sound disrespectful to Sacramento State and North Dakota State, but these are games that the home teams should have won by decisive margins. I did not follow the Rams game, I just looked at the score. But the Buffs seemed unable to get a stop on defense. And clinging to a 1 point lead late in the game, the allowed their opponent to drive into FG range for the game winner.

What this says to me is that both programs have a long way to go. Before the season started, I figured that both schools were capable of 6-6 seasons. After yesterday I am thinking both are looking at 1-3 win seasons unless some drastic adjustments are made.

Next year's Rocky Mountain Showdown is shaping up to be a real snoozer at this rate.

Go Buffs!

Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 AM

2,561 posts, read 4,871,522 times
Hide CU and go hide fast; really joining the PAC big boy club. Say goodbye when the UCS line men take the field. Anyone that thinks I am too hard on CU needs a clue..used to live right across the street from their training camp, lived with multiple so called big name players in past years.Know the admin.. I'm not a fair weather friend because outside of a brief stint in the early 90's they were never even fair weather. OK so I have a few Buffs hats and T shirts, I think I still have some OP shorts somewhere too. GO CSU, probably going to hell for saying that.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Hide CU and go hide fast; really joining the PAC big boy club.
At this point CU could have joined the Big Sky Conference and it would have been considered a big boy club to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado